Count On Me

Night of the Hunter

Chapter One

It was all dark. I looked to my right, then to my left. No one was there. Just some dark street full of emptiness. I walked down the porch steps and into the sidewalk.

I started to walk down the road, that’s when I heard footsteps behind me. Without looking back, I sped my paces. I heard the footsteps even closer. I finally got the guts to look around. I continued to walk and turned only my head.

I saw a figure walking behind me. Looking to the other side, I saw another figure. Speeding my gait even more, I started to run. That’s until I felt something under my foot. I looked down to see my shoe laces untied.

“God Dammit. The perfect timing.” I thought and mumbled to myself.

I looked around and the figures weren’t there. I let out a sigh of relief and bent down to tie my shoes again. When I stood up I let out a little shriek that was soon over by a hand covering my mouth.

“Shh… That’s okay Miss Cooper.” A deep voice whispered. Well, tried to whisper. “Now, I’ll take off my hand only if you’ll be quite. Is there an understanding?” He said and I looked at him.

Next to him stood another man, look around his late 20’s and behind them another one at his 30’s. Wait, weren’t there only the two of them before?

I shrugged off my thoughts and nodded lightly.

“Good.” He whispered again and took off his hand.

“Who are you? W-what-what do you want fro-from me?” I stuttered and they smirked.

“I’m agent F. This is-” he pointed to the big guy behind him, “Agent B. And this is-” He pointed to the big, sorry, huge one beside him with a scar on his face, “Is Cracker.” He said as the Cracker clicked his knuckles.

“What, not an agent?” I asked giggling trying to light up the dark mood. They just looked at me and I took a step back. “Hum… Who-who are you…?” I asked quietly. They smirked.

“We are, well, know your father.” Agent B said.

I froze.

“Lea-leave my dad alone! He has nothing to do with…” I paused, “with what ever it is that you want! If you knew him you should have known that he’s-“

“We know.” Agent F said and took a step forward.

“So what do you want?” I backed some more.

“We worked with your dad.” B said. I looked at them carefully. “We were in his case.” He continued.

“What? This doesn’t make any sense. My dad was alone in this case. That’s way…” I trilled off.

The three looked at each other. “Hum… we-we were secrets associates. We helped him. And now they want to open the case again. We thought you could help us.” F said.

I looked him in the eyes. He was lying. This is one of the ‘gifts’ I have. Know when people are lying. I looked at him and shook my head.

“You’re lying.” I stated and F moved closer and grabbed my wrist.

“You will help us.” I felt his breath on my cheek.

“Leave me alone!” I yelled, released myself from his hand and started to run again.

“Catch her!” I heard F yelling and footsteps behind me.

I ran as fast as I could and want into a blocked alley. I looked around and saw them behind me.

“There she is!” F yelled and the two stood there. There was silence for a few seconds. “Go and get her already you morons!” He yelled and they started to run in my direction.

I was terrified.

I looked around, trying to find something that may help me, and there it was. I ran over to the big old closet that someone threw away and took it. It sure looked heavy but it was easy for me to pick, another ‘gift’.

I put it against the wall and started to climb on the shelves, each was harder then the one before. And my school bag on my back definitely didn’t help to make it easier.

When I got to the top of the wall I looked around, they weren’t there.

“But-” I mumbled and heard whispering from underneath me.

“Up you idiot!” R yelled at F.

“Don’t call me an idiot you moron!” F yelled back and I giggled.

“Tree is falling!” I yelled smiling and pushed the old closet off of the wall. They fell with the closet on them. “Have fun!” I yelled and turned around.

“Come here you rat!” I heard them yell and smiled.

I looked down, that was a one BIG wall. “Oh god.” I thought.

“Well, life or death…” I pretended to think and looked around at the stupid agents that tried to push the old closet off of them. “Life.” I smiled to myself, took a deep breath and jumped.

I was pretty sure that by choosing Life I’ll be dead but… I landed perfectly on my legs and arms. Cats landing. Wow, another ‘gift’, I thought and stood up, looking at my hands.

I went out from my trance when I heard the stupid stalkers yelling, “There it is! Now up, up, up!”

My eyes widened and I ran again, past a few stores and alleys, ran into people and said tons of, “Watch out! – Oops! – Sorry!”.

When I stopped to breath I heard them again. “Can’t you just give up?!” I yelled and people looked between me and them.

I was about to ran again when they were too close, R ran into a stand full of watermelons and tomatoes and fell over, F and ‘Cracker’ on the other hand ran and stood in both my sides.

I threw away my school bag and rolled up my jacket’s sleeves ‘till my elbows.

People started to ran in terrified while we just stood there.

“Well daddy, that’s for you.” I said and started to kick them. I gave F a smack across the face which made him fall backward, and then I went to ‘Cracker’s side and started to beat him just like my father taught me.

He was about to smack me in the face with his fist but I slipped away perfectly and instead of my face he hit the wall. While I smiled at Cracker who had tears in his eyes from pain I heard a male voice screaming, “Watch out!”

When I was about to turn around I heard the sirens and someone pushing me against the wall.

Seeing F falling backward on his stomach, someone yelling, “Call 911, NOW!” and a hand on my head was the last things I saw, heard and felt before everything went black.

——————————————————————————————————
♠ ♠ ♠
So! here’s the first chapter, SORRY if there are some mistakes in the grammar, I’ve tried my best!

Hope you’ll like it!

Characters’ pictures will be up soon !

Chapters will be up once or twice a week! Sorry, rough schedule…

PLEASE plz plz Review!

Thank you so much!

Xoxo Lee K. (;