The Story Of The MCR Buddies

The Great Support Suprise

ADALIAS DIARY

We were all amazed that people wanted to hear us play! We had started having all of our band practises at the local studios. People were actually standing outside listening! Its was awesome. In all places there is always one band that dominate the underground scene right? Well were we live that band was called The Light Within - they were pretty cool.

On the way to band practise I notices someone following me. As I turned round I realised it was the singer of TLW.

"Hey," he shouted, "Hey kid. Are you from Distorted Youth?"

"Yeah, thats me. How did you know?"

"Your band practised before mine yesterday. But anyway. One question. If you got offered a gig, well a tour with another band... Would you take it?"

"Oh god yeah. Actually we are looking to play one soon."

"Great! Oh fantastic!"

"Why is that good?"

"We are looking for a support band! Its a weeks worth of touring playing local venues and, well, we need you guys."

I couldn't believe it. I told the band and, well, neither could they! We took on the tour and started preparing. Re-stringing instruments, stocking up on drumsticks. But Crystal and I had one final thing to get. It was Aimee's birthday on the first day of the tour and we had a little suprise for her.
_______________________________________________________________________

The first day of the tour...
_______________________________________________________________________

"Happy Birthday Aimee" I said

"Yeah dude! And we have our first gig tonight!" Crystal said, shaking with excitment.

"It'll be great. Here open your presents from us!"

"Okay guys thanks!"

We watched as Aimee tore open the two (rather large) packages. In the first was a Marshall amp and as she opened the case of the second her eyes lit up as she pulled out the shiny black Gibson Les Paul. Aimee screamed and then hugged us so hard we could barely breathe!!

"This is the best day of my life! The best ever!"

And it only got better! We got a half hour slot before the bands The Light Within and Shattered Faith played. In that time we managed to play 7 of the 10 songs we had. After the show we met some new fans who couldn't believe how young we were!

And so the tour went on like that. The audiences were great and Aimee and I even got a chance to crowd surf. At the end of the tour we said out goodbyes to the bands. Oh my god it was amazing.