The Story Of The MCR Buddies

Ready?

I ran downstairs and into the hall way. Dressed in a MCR top, black starry hoody, electric blue skinnies and red converses. My Gibson Les Paul guitar on my back. I had butterflies in my stomach, I was terrified, my body only fuelled by excitement and adrenaline. I took the guitar off and sat down in the kitchen. Mum looked at me and Dad smiled at me over his bowl of cereal.

‘Want some Breakfast?’ Mum asked me, shoving a plate of toast and a mug of steaming hot coffee in front of me.

I gratefully took the mug of coffee and took a bite of toast.

‘Thanks mum’ I mumbled.

‘So, you excited, its your big day of recording the album?’ Dad asked.

‘Yeah, I’m psyched up and ready to go, but I’m a little nervous.’

‘Well that’s natural, think how Gerard must have felt recording Skylines and Turnstiles’

Wow, dad actually remembered the name of the song, years of playing that in my room had actually had an effect on my parents then!

‘Yeah, thanks Dad’ My mind wondering to thinking about Gerard being punched in the jaw to calm him down.

The doorbell rang, I leapt to my feet.

‘Good Luck Honey, have fun’ Mum and Dad kissed me as I walked out the door.

I was greeted by Crystal and Adalia, Adalia’s mums car was waiting on the drive way just behind them.

‘C’mon, lets go’ Crystal said, dragging me and Adalia by the arm to the car.

We hardly spoke in the car down to London, we decided to take the car rather than the train this time so that we didn’t have to bother with changing trains and waiting around, then there it was right in front of us, the recording studio.

‘Well know point in thinking about this too much.’ Adalia said getting out of the car.

We met Sammy inside and he showed us around, and led us into the studio.

We took up our positions, me and Adalia at the front and Crystal behind us.

My heart was pounding, everything we had worked for led up for this moment. I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. The microphones were placed in front of us. This was it. I looked at the two of them. Crystal nodded, signalling to the guys in the control room to start recording.

‘Yeeeaaahhhh’ I screamed into the microphone and hit the opening chord on my guitar.

We were off.

It was all over in a blur, we had a blast doing it. We came out of the studio as happy as we were if we were doing a live gig, covered in sweat as well. Smiling and happy.

Amazing.