The Story Of The MCR Buddies

The jamming session

AIMEES DIARY

I pulled my Fender Strat out of the battered case, grabbed a pick out of my jeans back pocket and sat down next to Adalia. I didn’t know what I was going to play. I watched Adalia strum the bass line of Headfirst For Halos, our favourite song. I was tempted to play the guitar over the top but decided against it, it sounded pretty awesome just as it was. She looked up at me as she reached the end and smiled.

‘Hey, that’s totally awesome’ I grinned at her.

‘Yeah, took me like 2 weeks to learn it though, I was stuck in this basement for hours on end!’

I laughed, then took a look around me. We were in Adalia’s basement, posters of her idols, MCR and various other bands, lined the walls. There were two small amps, mine and hers, in the corner of the room. A CD player, two chairs and sofa were the only other things in the room. I loved this room from the minute I set foot in it. I placed my hands on the fretboard of my guitar and began to strum. I didn’t have a clue what I was playing but I noticed out the corner of my eye, Adalia was frantically writing.
I stopped, waiting to see what she had to say.

‘Whoa, that’s… wow, I don’t know what to say.’ Adalia said

I blushed ‘ I just kind of played what I felt.’ I said

‘It’s awesome, here I have a bass line.’

‘Go right ahead’ I said, motioning for her to play.

My eyes were getting wider by the minute, this was sounding awesome. I grabbed my rucksack from where it was laying by my feet on the stone floor.

‘Lyrics’ I muttered when Adalia gave me a questioning look.
She nodded and waited to see what I had written.