Status: Active: Check in whenever you can.

Not Quite Twilight.

Chapter Four

Kaylee heard voices around her, but saw complete darkness. A strong, wise female voice, "She's definitely dead." A deep, rather perturbed male voice, "Oh hush, my sister, you are very unwise for being the Goddess of Wisdom. She's only resting." A younger male voice, "More like fainting, father. She's probably in a coma." Then she heard Proteus, "She's fine! Look! A smile on her face." Kaylee's fingers began to twitch a little bit as she came to her senses. Hermes said, "Master, I don't believe that's a smile. She looks rather dumbfounded." At the sound of Hermes' voice her toes then began twitching also. When an unfamiliar but beautiful voice filled her ear canals, Kaylee began blinking back to life. Slowly her eyelids opened and light began pouring into her worn out eyes. She was in a room painted with what looked like silver flecks. The ceiling in this room was also very high, but rather ordinary. Kaylee was lying on a bed crafted of clouds and what felt like mink fur.

The people around her varied in sizes but were still rather tall. The youngest was male, and a little bit taller than Kaylee. He had wings on his back and nothing but a small rag on, revealing a rather appealing body. But then again, thought Kaylee, He is a god... The oldest looked to be Proteus, and Hermes definitely the smallest. There was a tall beautiful woman who, like the young male, wore nothing but small rags to cover up her godly body. Next to her stood an older looking woman, at the same height. who had beautiful robes on, but a stone-cold serious face. Every once in a while, she would glare over her shoulder at a male God who looked about the same age as the woman herself. None of them were paying any attention to Kaylee. They all decided they'd rather bicker about whether she was alive or not. She softly cleared her throat so she could speak clearly. In a loud, almost raspy voice she asked, "Wh- Where am I?"

Proteus whipped his head down at Kaylee. His blue eyes twinkled, "She's alive! I TOLD YOU!" The others all groaned. The youngest said, "Oh yes, very mature Proteus." Kaylee cleared her throat again. "Where am I?" she asked once more. Then she realized that she was surrounded by unfamiliar faces. She darted her eyes from one to the other, and gave Hermes a questioning look. They all backed up a bit so Kaylee could clearly see the rest of the room. "This, my daughter, is the Health Restoration Room. These here, are some Gods and Goddesses that, if you didn't faint, you would have met earlier today." said Proteus. The most beautiful one held her hand out to shake, "I am Aphrodite, Goddess of Love, Beauty, and Sexuality," she said. Kaylee now understood why she wore a minimal amount of clothing. She awkwardly shook the large, but beautiful, Goddesses hand. "It's a pleasure." said Kaylee. Then the other, older, male God stepped forward. He bowed, "I am Ares, God of Warfare and Courage; lover to Aphrodite." Kaylee beamed up at him. The Gods are so kind, she thought. Then the stone faced Goddess approached her. "I am Athena, Goddess of Wisdom, Civilization, Warfare, Strength, Strategy, Female Arts, Crafts, Justice and Skill. Unfortunately, I am also the half-sister to Ares." said Athena. Kaylee could hear Ares mumble, "Show off," and watched as Athena glared back in his direction.The youngest stepped forward last. He all at once bowed, oustretched his hand, and said, "I, my dear Kaylee, am Eros, Primordial God of Sexual Love and Beauty. I am also the son of Aphrodite and Ares, and often refered to as 'Cupid,' but, sorry to say, I do not send love arrows into your backend." He finished his introduction with a quick wink and a kiss on Kaylee's hand. A blush rose to her cheeks.

Kaylee began rising out of bed, but Hermes quickly reached out and pushed her back down. She felt dizzy and gave him a somewhat glare. "What, on earth was that for?" asked Kaylee. Hermes sighed and gave her a nervous glance. "Oh Kaylee, I'm sorry! It's just that you've seriously injured yourself, and if you sit up your neck will snap completely off." he answered. Kaylee's eyes widened, "My neck will WHAT ?!" Proteus placed his head in his palm. "Oh, Hermes, don't scare the poor girl," he said. Then he dropped his hand and turned towards Kaylee, "You're going to have to stay in here for the rest of the week." Kaylee groaned, "You're shitting me.." The elder Gods wore puzzled looks. Eros just smiled and said, "No, I'm afraid we are not 'shitting' you." Once again a blush rose to her cheeks. "Oh," she squeeked, "excuse my language." Eros chuckled as Kaylee bit her lip in sheer embarrassment. Then Kaylee remembered what day it currently was, Monday. "Proteus," said Kaylee, "When you say the rest of the week, does that include the weekend, or just 'til Friday?" Proteus lifted a hand to his beard, and stroked it the way a wise math professor would when asked what the square root of 2x divided by 6 times 2y to the eight power would be. "Maybe until Thursday. I suppose I might have exaggerated a tad bit." he said. Kaylee rolled her eyes, "Dear Proteus, thanks a lot." Proteus gave her an empathetic smirk.

"Well, I think we should leave her be now." said Athena as she turned to leave the room. "Very well then," sighed Eros. He wrapped his hand around Kaylee's and gave it a sympathetic squeeze. "Feel better," he said. Kaylee nodded and watched as the Gods left. Once the door slammed shut, Kaylee let out a loud sigh. What's next, a talking turtle that dances ballet? she thought. Her eyes scanned the Health Restoration Room. There was a sign on the wall closest to her that read, " You're wish is my command. Just think of what you want and I'll give it to you. For example: To get some rest, think 'Sleep.' To fill your stomach, think 'Eat.' " Kaylee smiled. "Wow," she said, "A magic room." She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. What should i ask for? she thought. Suddenly an idea came to mind. But will it work..? Kaylee whispered one name over and over again. The room began to vibrate and her eyes shot open. The whole room was shaking and sparking; Kaylee couldn't believe her eyes. Suddenly everything became silent, Kaylee blinked once and took a deep breath. Does that mean it worked? she asked herself. Her eyes darted the room, and she didn't blink once. "He- Hello?" asked Kaylee with a shaking voice, "Is anyone there?" A muffled moaning sound came from below the bed closest to her. "Hello?!" she yelled. She could only turn her head a little, but was able to catch a glimpse of the boy moving from underneath the bed. He stood up and brushed the dust off of his clothes. Kaylee could not believe her eyes. It's really him..

The boy looked up at the tall ceiling, and then around the large Health Restoration Room; which Kaylee's began calling the HR for short. "Wh-" he began to say, but got cut off when he caught sight of Kaylee. "Ka- Am I dreaming?" mumbled the boy to himself. "No," Kaylee replied, "It's me." The boy's jaw was slightly ajar, but a twinkle formed in his eyes. "Kaylee," he said as he walked towards her, "I- I missed you so much..." He took Kaylee's hand in his own. "I missed you too... So much. I really, I just... I can't believe it actually worked." The boy gave her a questioning look. Kaylee sighed, "There's too much I have to tell you." The boy pulled the bed he had just crawled out of closer to Kaylee's. "I have time," he said, "What is it?" He sat on the bed and took Kaylee's hand in his again. A tear began to fall down Kaylee's cheek, "I have such mixed feelings about you," she began, "I love you so much, but I hate you for bringing me into this all at the same time. I'm just... So afraid of losing you. We haven't talked in forever, and-" Kaylee was cut off by the door slamming just across the room. She saw a flash of Ero's face, and then he was suddenly behind the boy. He tapped him on the shoulder roughly.

The boy turned to face him and growled. "I thought I smelt a dog." Ero's said, rather disrespectfully. "So what? You think you're all high and dandy because you barely wear any clothing?" the boy shot back. Kaylee whimpered, "Boys, please..." Ero's shot a look at Kaylee, then brought his glare back to the boy. "You shouldn't have brought him here, Kaylee." he said. Kaylee sniffled. "I'm sorry," she said, "I couldn't help it." Ero's sighed and turned around. "Get him out of here before I get dad," he said as he left the room. The door slammed shut and Kaylee began crying. "I'm so sorry," Kaylee said to the boy, "I just wanted to see you again... After all this time... I just wanted to see you." The boy sighed and kissed her lightly on the lips. "I'm sorry I got you into all this," he said, "I should go before you get into big trouble. I love you." Kaylee let go of his hand and said nothing. She was unsure of what to say. The boy slumped his head down as he began walking out of the room. When the door shut behind him she finally said her last words, but it was too late. "I love you, Mason."
♠ ♠ ♠
I worked SO hard on this last chapter, I wanted it to be perfect.
I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it(: