Status: School just started, and I intend to keep up my 4.2 GPA from last year, and I'm still playing field hockey, so I'm sorry to say that updates will be "far and in between". I do have at least 6 or so more chapters already written for this, though. Fear not readers, fear not.

Dark Side of a Full Moon

Chapter 2: Swallowing the Red Pill

What??!” I yelled in Max’s face. “Are you on crack or something? I’m not a damn werewolf you moron!” He calmly ignored me and continued walking. I tripped over a rock.

“Yes, you are,” he said quietly.

“You are the absolute strangest person I have ever met!” I yelled. I knew my voice would carry far across the flat field, but I didn’t care.

Max whipped around and put his hand around my throat. He pushed me to the ground and stood overtop of me in the most awkward position. Straddling me. Eww.

“This isn’t exactly good news for me either,” he whispered. Snow was melting through my jacket. “I happen to hold a very high position among other werewolves, and this is exactly the sort of situation that will hurt that position if it is brought to public attention.” He sounded so different, so…diplomatic. “That information of how you became a werewolf is on a need-to-know basis. And no one needs to know.”

“And who exactly would I be telling? I’d get locked up in a padded room if I started running around telling stories about how I became a werewolf.” I was really cold now. And he was lying right on top of me, crushing me.

Max grinned wickedly. “That’s where we’re going. You’re not alone. I’m a werewolf; your chemistry teacher is a werewolf; half the Goth kids at school are werewolves. There’s a whole community of werewolves through those trees.” I looked to my left at the small, unassuming grove at the edge between one field and the next.

“Everyone you will ever need is in there. You’re meant to join us. But, as Morpheus says, I can only show you the door; you’re the one that has to walk through it.” He got off of me and walked into the trees. I blinked and he was gone.

Curiosity got the better of me, like it always did. I staggered to my feet and clumsily brushed the snow off my back. I took a running start into the trees until I couldn’t run anymore. It’s like I hit a sort of mental wall. There was darkness all around me. Now what? I waited for something to happen, then everything went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter's song is Killer by The Hoosiers (freakin' awesome band).
And yes, that's the Matrix movies Max is referring to.