All you have to do is shout it out.

TEN

“Roxanne….” A light tapping sounded on her arm. “Roxanne can you hear me?”

It was a voice she wasn’t familiar with. The smell of the room was too clean for her own good. “Were am I?”

“You’re in the hospital Roxanne. Do you remember anything?”

She did. She remembered everything. James had taken her to a warehouse; beaten the pulp out of her. And then some guy had came out of nowhere and saved her. The rest she couldn’t remember except little blurs of bright lights and jabbering. Her eyes had remained closed until that very moment; lethargy overcoming her. As the thoughts rushed back into her mind; she shot up in bed, eyes wide. She indeed, was in a hospital bed. There was a large IV pressed into the crook of her arm, pinned down by tape. The room was white; with sickly green sheets. Her head was pounding and her nose felt like it had been fractured into a million little pieces.

“Nice of you to finally wake up.”

Roxanne all but lit the entire place on fire as a voice jolted her ears. Her eyes found the voice. It was a man with broad shoulders and a tall frame; skin the color of tan. The thick eyebrows overlapped his enticing light blue eyes, the shape of almonds. His nose was pointed out broadly, to hover over his slim lips.

“Who are you?” She asked inching further from him.

“The one who bought you here.”

Roxanne blinked, watching him even more carefully. “How…” how had he gotten her along with himself out and away from James without suffering wounds?

“I heard noises when I was going for a walk. I thought it was just a bunch of kids but I heard yelling. I decided to check it out, and wallah. Found you all but dead.”

“You didn’t…see anything strange?”

He shook his head, “Just you looking as if someone took a couple bats to your head.”

“Who are you?” she asked again, head tilted.

“Me? I’m Jakob. You’re Roxanne.”

Jakob. What an interesting name and accent. With a furrow of her brows she moved to get up from the bed only to have several tubes stopping her. “Can I go? Like, seriously? I have stuff to do.”

“Roxanne, your nose is broken. You have a minor concussion and the amounts of bruises and welts on your body are not normal. What happened?”

“My ex boyfriend. He beat me.” it was a truth, with a lot of lies. “Now I need to go.”

“Why don’t you report that? Roxanne you look horrible.”

She paused as she was standing from the bed, thinking over what he said. “I’ve been called worse,” she started. “But….Jakob, I need to go.”

“Not until you tell me what really happened.”

She shook her head. “You won’t believe me if I did.”

“Try me.”

“That wasn’t my ex boyfriend. Well, technically it was. But he didn’t beat me. He tried to kill me. Jakob, I’m not like you. I can control fire. And…I burned James, though he was already technically dead already…and I just made it worse for him.”

Jakob said nothing, but looked at her. “You must have taken a brick to the face pretty hard.”

“I told you,” she said, but shook her head. “I’ll just have to prove it.”

“Do you want me to get a lighter for you?”

Roxanne stared at him, no sign of amusement on her face. Slowly, she held out her hand and let her eyes closed. Fire swirled; small at first and eventually erupted into a sphere of some sort, twisting and turning in her hands. “Now do you believe me?” she said eyes focused on the ball before moving to his.

His were focused intently on the ball. Shocked, disbelieving and more shock. “That’s not possible.”

“I thought the exact same thing five years ago, but yet here I sit and it’s still happening.”
He stood from his position and reached over to touch the flame. His hand jolted back from the burn. “This is real…”

Roxanne nodded, and yanked the tubes from her arms with a slight grimace. “Yeah and there are others I need to get back to.”

“Roxanne, you still can’t go.”

“Why not?” she asked stubbornly, standing. As soon as her legs hit the floor; they gave out from underneath her due to dizziness. Jakob though, was there to catch her before her body hit the floor.

“That is why,” he said pointedly.

“But I need to get to them. They don’t even know if I’m alive.”

“They do. You kept mumbling their names while you were out. Valymy, Lilky, Fulciane, and Arakella? Didn’t exactly make sense at first but I got the hints. Yeah, they know you’re alive and where you are.”

She furrowed her brows, looking up at him, and his arms still around her. “Again, who are you?”

“I guess you could just call me your guardian angel.”
♠ ♠ ♠
update after 2 days! ah! sorry!(: your new boy toy will be up in the characters.