All you have to do is shout it out.

THIRTEEN

Roxanne had gotten into the hospital, and given a sedative. The doctors, who had been put to her, probably thought she was so far off the insane scale she invented a new type of insanity. Along with a broken nose and even more cuts, bruises and lacerations; she’d been given several pain killers. Exactly what she needed. To feel numb. Opening her eyes from a night sleep, she found an attractive man in a white lab coat and blue scrubs. He looked vaguely familiar, but Roxanne couldn’t remember where she had seen him before. With a narrow squint of her eye, she sat up straighter and rested against the large pillow.

“Nice to see you’re awake Roxanne. Can you tell me what happened?”

That voice sounded familiar too. The way the hair swept and the pout in his eyes. There was something off about him, the blue to blue. The smile to practiced. “Who are you? Where’s my dad?”

“Oh you’re dad,” the doctor nodded to a bloody heap on the floor. “He’s doing just fine.”

“What’d you do to him?!” she cried, trying to fight from the restraints in her bed. “What’s happening? Let me go!” she screamed in defiance, kicking again.

“There’s no need to be afraid,” the man stepped forward revealing himself to be James. “I’m here to fix you.”

“Get away from me!” Roxanne screamed again, fire exhaling from the depths of her lungs. “I don’t want you stop! Stop! Don’t touch me!” she was screaming from the tops of her lungs, short and panicked.

“Roxanne! Roxanne wake up!” someone was calling to her, new and warmer arms gripping her.

She opened her eyes to see her father peering wildly into her eyes; bloodshot and tired. Roxanne looked at him with such bewilderment, hands touching his coarse face. “Daddy?”

“It was a dream Roxanne. It was just a dream.”

A doctor burst into the room, his scrubs matching somewhat oddly to James in her dream. The face though, was not one she could mistake for that horrid man. “I heard a noise, is she alright?”

“You!” she said despite the nightmare she had just had. “How are you here?”

“Well, I’m a doctor….here.”

“You two know each other?” her father asked, looking between them.

“Yeah, dad…this is Jakob.”

“Can you tell me what happened?” Jakob said, turning to her father. “I know about the uh, secret.” He said quietly. He turned back to Roxanne. “What was the dream about?”

“James…he was here, and he killed you,” she said sobbing to her dad. “He’s going to kill me.”

“No, he won’t. I won’t let him.”

“Uh, Sir, if you could excuse us, I’d like to speak with Roxanne privately.”

“No. what you can say to her can be said in front of me.”

“Well, the doctors would like to give you a psyche test. If…if you prove to have a certain level of mental instability we’ll have to admit you into the psyche ward.”

Roxanne frowned, eye narrowed. “I am not crazy. I am not taking a crazy persons test."

“Roxanne you don’t have a choice.”

“To hell she doesn’t. If she doesn’t want to take it, she’s not going to take it. Don’t tell my daughter what she has to do.”

She went very still; a cold chill running through her spine. Something wasn’t right. “Guys…” she said slowly, readjusting in her bed.

“The doctors just want to test her mental health. I’m sure she’ll do fine.”

“Do fine? She all but clawed the skin off her head off; I’m not letting somebody who doesn’t know what she’s going through label her as insane.”

“Guys…” she said slowly and quieter.

“I realize that telling them would make her seem crazier, but until we figure out what is really going on with her; we need to see what is causing the contractions in her brain to make these hallucinations and if this James character is causing them; she needs to be in a safe place where she can’t harm herself.”

“She is perfectly fine! She needs to be out there defeating whatever is doing this, not be locked up!”

“Guys!” she screamed, her breath coming in a swift gulp. “Something’s wrong.”

They turned to look at her, concern on their face. “What’s wrong baby?” her dad asked, moving.

“Stop,” she said, eyes focused on one spot to locate what was wrong. Her hand had absently become covered in a shield of fire to stop him from moving. “Something’s not right…”

There was a moment of calm before chaos erupted. Screaming came from the other end of the corridor. Roxanne’s eyes widened and she bolted from her bed and into the hallway; only to slip on a wet floor. As her back hit the ground, her only thoughts were one name. James. Grimacing at the pain in her back end, she looked to see him. Pouring water down the hallways and sending everyone into fits of hysteria.

Their eyes met, Roxanne’s burning complex turning the water that touched her to smoke and fog. “Leave them alone.”

“Come and get me Roxanne.” He purred, water spurring over his body.

“Roxanne don’t do it,” Jakob said, hanging in the doorway. “He wants you to.”

“I know,” she said through gritted teeth as she rose to her feet. “He’s going to regret it. Stand back and shut the door.” She said to him before raising her voice. “Everybody get somewhere safe! Away from fire!”

They all scattered into spare rooms and underneath desks. “Roxanne, are you daft? Or do you just never learn? Fire doesn’t extinguish water.”

Sneering, she tilted her head. “Jamesy Wamsey, the biggest mistake you could make, would be underestimating an opponent. I’ve been practicing,” she said in a chipper tone, the fire around her hushing the water.

Her eyes closed, focusing on the inner fire. It was strong, and needed to be let loose. With a smirk she reined it to her and let it do its will. It erupted from within her and exploded down the hallway. It was hot and the sound of James’s scream delighted her ears. It was hot against even her own flesh and the fire kept emitting from her, pouring and licking everything in its path, turning the water into smoke until fire ruled the floor. His screaming stopped at which she did.

He was gone. Doors opened to reveal scared patients and doctors alike, peering at her like she was in fact crazy. Pursing her lips, she looked at them with wide eyes; not exactly sure what to do. “I guess the secrets out,” she said softly. She said this, because she had unknowingly transformed into the spirit form she had abandoned for so long.
♠ ♠ ♠
:o finally! a good update!