All you have to do is shout it out.

SEVENTEEN

“Roxanne?”

She rose from her bed, baggy sweats doubling as pajamas. Yawning and stretching, she moved into her kitchen, grabbing a box of cereal from the cupboard. “Yeah babe?”

Jakob strode into the room, wearing not much but the boxers he had slept in. “You were sleeping for so long. Thought maybe you went into an eternal slumber.”

“Like Sleeping Beauty?”

“Yes, look here…even in your own castle.” He walked up behind her pouring cereal and wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her neck softly. “Prince Charming included...”

Jakob and Roxanne had been together for a little over two months now; scars fading and final touches of healing bones finally leaving her. They’d moved in together, obviously to her place. No immediate danger was posing, nor was James producing his sickening waterworks either. He was in Utopia, rotting for all eternity, which was what he deserved.

Her hand swept to cradle his head; between her neck and hand. “Prince Charming, eh?” she turned so that her lips connected softly onto his. “I like the sound of that.”

He purred softly, smiling so that the wrinkles around his eyes pulled to give him a whimsical look. “Me too.”

His lips were about to touch hers once again; when something erupted. Not just a small something. A large something. Like half of her building erupted off large. “What the hell?” she screamed, twisting around.

“Honey, I’m home!”

“Jesus Christ you’re kidding me…” she hissed, her body heating up instantly. “Jakob run. Lock yourself away somewhere. I got this.”

“Roxanne, you don’t even know who it is. You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into.”
She looked back at him, eyes frivolous. “No…I do. It’s James. Jakob, go. Please, I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

He looked at her with a pain in his eyes, but nodded. He kissed her, longing and tentatively before skittering quietly off in the other direction. Roxanne watched him until he left her vision, before turning to see James walking cripplingly towards her.

“You thought you could put me down like a sick dog. You thought you could get rid of me. You thought…you stupid bitch,” hard water shot at her and sent her flying on her back, soaking her entirely. “You thought you could beat me.”

“Well…last time I checked I did. Say, how’s that nose?” she rose quickly to her feet and tackled him, rolling for domination over one another. Roxanne won for the time being and took no haste in beating his face senseless. “How does it feel to have a bone broken several times?” she hissed, battering his now repeatedly.

His cry and attack, sent her flying and into the large glass wall that lead onto the terrace. Glass shattered as she fell to the ground, shards nicking her face as they landed. It was a windy morning, both to their disappointment. Roxanne wiped the blood from her face and small cuts, rolling her shoulders. “Oh Jamesy Wamsey, you’ve gotten stiff in practice haven’t you?”

“Could say the same thing about you, couldn’t I?”

His hands wielded together to form a large amount of water to cast it at her. Roxanne responded by spinning around to fortify the fire and rocket it back at him. “No, you couldn’t. Fire can outlast water to a certain extent if used with brutal force.” She growled, amplifying it even further.

He finally wielded and held his scorched hands, looking at her with such hate. “You’re going to pay for that.”

“You always say that,” she huffed, hands still balled in fiery fists. “But yet I never really do.”

He moved like he was going to wield water again and she responded with fire, but he had faked her out. Instead he charged her; yanked her hair and threw her across the terrace, sliding so that her feet were hovering slightly over the edge. The wind whipped her hair from her face, blood trickling from the corner of her mouth.

Maybe she actually would pay this time.

The wind had knocked itself from her when she had hit the ground, and Roxanne was finding that breathing was coming with certain difficulty. Her mouth open in a large O, she crawled into her elbows.

“Yeah Roxanne. Who’s stiff now?”

Coughing slightly for air, she tried to muster the strength to recuperate with fire. He had moved faster and water shot from his hand and knocked her off the edge. She would have fallen except for the fact her hands had caught onto the edge; where it had blown off. Glass and other types of things were etching into her skin, tempting enough to let go. Roxanne’s legs swayed back and forth over the edge, her upper body strength screaming into motion. She couldn’t scream though. Jakob would hear. Jakob would come looking to see what was wrong. James would kill Jakob.

Trying to uplift herself, she found the wind knocked even further out of her body. Pulling herself up was pointless. A strangled cry for help escaped her as he advanced to her.

“Oh Roxanne…helpless phoenix. Do you need help?” he said in a mocking tone.

“Not any from you,” she responded through gritted teeth, trying to pull herself up again.

“Oh,” he laughed noticing her real situation. “You’ve forgotten how to transform have you?” he cackled. “Lovely.” James’s foot crunched over her fingertips, causing her to yank it away with a shrill cry. “One more left….” His hand crunched over her last hand, and they shot away; making the rest of her fall away.
♠ ♠ ♠
!