All you have to do is shout it out.

EIGHTEEN

Free falling was something Roxanne never even thought about doing in her life. And suddenly, she was. The feeling of wind rushing up over her face as she flew towards the ground was enough to draw her mind to a blank. Jakob though, popped in her mind. James was still up there, and would move to kill Jakob. Jakob had a family, whether they wanted him or not. He needed to survive. Crying out mainly to herself, she tried to conjure her metamorphous. Nothing came. Crying louder as ground was approaching more quickly, she found herself enraptured by flame. It circled around her body, strangely molding it to her form. Roxanne didn’t take on the form of what she had looked like years ago; but instead she was entirely made of fire. Not one millimeter of human flesh was shown, even her eyes covered by flame. It didn’t hurt, no, it felt natural.

There, she levitated in the air, her fiery form bobbing with a rhythm. Suddenly, she shot upwards a shield of fire forming as speed moved faster as she gained momentum. A scream ruptured from her as she moved with easy through the bottom of the terrace, hovering over James as he stood bewildered by what had happened.

“You said something about me forgetting how to form?” even her voice was one of fire in some form. Crackling and hot tempered. This was new.

“How is this possible?” he whispered, instantly shooting water from his hands. He was scared.

He was scared of her.

This was good. She smirked from behind her guise of fire, going to enjoy this thoroughly. Swooping down, her hands grasped his arms tightly; burning through the layer of cloth and flesh he had. His scream swept through her ears, but held still she did. And they were moving, changing realms to Utopia.

“Oracle!” she cried as her fire distanced the serene clouds that adorned the marble flooring. “Oracle, I have a gift for you especially!”

He appeared with shock and confusion on his face. He was more than likely wondering how Roxanne was even alive, or what had happened to her. “Is that you Roxanne?” his eyes moved over to a burning and in pain James. “How did you get him?”

“He escaped. Again. So I am here to securely put him in a jail cell that will actually do the job.”

She moved, swiftly past the Oracle and other fallen spirits who starred in bewilderment. Had none of them ever experienced this type of power? The degree and energy it gave them? She threw James on the ground in the prison hallway, eyeing him mysteriously. What could she do to him? What could she possibly do to secure a power that outdid her? She’d just have to make her power much, much more powerful then the silliness of water.

“Jamesy Wamsey, this is the last time you’ll see me. Until, well, I die that is.” she laughed a little, before hands breached outward and built a stern cage of fire, everything made from it. The flooring, the roof and even the bars. All fire; fire that was unlimited. As long as she lived, the cage would live. It wouldn’t be burned to smoke by the effects of water. Wouldn’t be blown away by the power of air. Wouldn’t give way to earth or electricity. She morphed back to her regular body, licking her salty lips.

“This is the last time you’ll ever see Me.” she disappeared from Utopia.

She reappeared back in her home, to survey the damage. A large part of her living room was missing, along with a wall, and chunks of her terrace. “Jakob?” she called out.

“Roxanne?” he replied.

“Yes it’s me.”

He popped up from behind a doorframe and ran to pick her up and spin her around. “I…I thought you were dead.”

She shook her head, clinging to him like a wet dog. “No, no of course not.” Her head buried itself into his neck. “I’m sorry Jakob, I’m so, so sorry.” She felt tears breaching her eyes.

“Don’t be,” he cooed her. “You probably saved me.” he kissed her softly. “I though, have a question for you.”

He pulled back from her, eyes never leaving hers for a second. “What?”

Jakob went down on one knee. Roxanne’s heart stopped for two seconds and started up again at the speed of a jack rabbit. “Will you marry me, Roxanne Maslatia? Will you be my wife?”

Her heart beat hadn’t slowed down, nor did she even think she was able to form the one word. She nodded her head once, then twice. “Yes, yes of course I’ll marry you.”

He slid a beautiful ring onto her finger.