All you have to do is shout it out.

TWO

Roxanne had gotten her torso out of the water when a hand grabbed her by the ankle and yanked her down. Her head had smacked hard against the concrete; she blacked out. When Roxanne had come to, she was tied against a pole. Her head was gushing a newly fresh wound, probably from the head injury. Her vision was blurry; clouded and dotted. Aurora was nowhere in sight, which made her head swirl. What was going on? With a grunt she twitched to the side, trying to see what had bound her arms. Rope. With boring ease it disintegrated from her hands. Having been rubbed raw, it tinkered with her temper. Standing and letting every box around her catch flame. Her head was throbbing with intensity and she felt like she was going to pass out any second.

“Aurora,” she called weakly. “Come on and fight.”

“It’s not Aurora you should be worrying about.”

Roxanne turned to find James, wet as well. She ran to him and threw her arms around him. “How’d you know where to find me? What do you mean?”

“Look,” he pushed her away softly; pointing to the pit of water she had been in earlier. There face up and skin white as parchment, lips ice blue was Aurora.

Roxanne pushed away farther from him, stumbling into the water near her body. “Who did this?”

“She couldn’t do it. She couldn’t complete the deal.”

“Deal? What deal!?”

“The deal to kill you,” he said simply.

Roxanne’s heart stopped. He did not just say that. She made a dive for the ledge but the water surrounding her lower half and yanking her back down underneath the water. Unable to catch her breath, she succumbed to the cold water, trying to fight back from it. It was useless. Roxanne clawed her way so that she was holding onto an iron rod that was beneath the surface. Her lungs began to feel like they were going to explode at any second if she didn’t get air. Tugging and pulling on the bar became excruciating and tiring; but her hands were doing more than tugging. They were heating. If she could get enough heat underneath the platform would explode. It started to grow in heat; she could feel it. Soon enough the heat was pressurized and then; BOOM. The platform flew up fiery boxes and such spewing onto the walls. She ducked underneath just in time, till the flying of boxes and metal ceased.

Surfacing she took grateful heaps of breath in and out. James was nowhere in sight, and she swam so that she could hoist herself up over the ledge; still breathing heavily. How could this have been possible? James wasn’t one of the bad guys. Or maybe he was. It made sense. He had egged her on to go by herself to take on Aurora. He had randomly shown up, so coincidentally been there when she needed someone to talk. He was a water spirit as well. The spirit that cold extinguish fire. Tears replaced salty water, but not by much. James knew Roxanne wanted the love of a man since her father was no longer there for her. He may have sacrificed himself for Aurora; but now she was dead. It was so confusing. Standing and wiping blood from her nose, she went to look for him.

Roxanne saw him, underneath heaps of boxes. She slapped her hand onto them, burning up instantly. With shaky limbs Roxanne squatted ad yanked him up by the collar. The multi colored hair shook itself of wetness.

“Why?”

“Because, you don’t deserve the power. You can’t handle it let alone harness it. She deserved it,” he nodded to Aurora’s body that had sprawled over a dented box. “And now she’s dead!” he hissed, spitting blood at her.

“So you lied to me? You said you didn’t love her anymore, but you still do.” There was evident hurt in her voice as well as eyes.

“Baby, I love you. Well not you, but your power.” He grinned.

Roxanne nailed him in the mouth. “Yeah, well say hello to hell, the natural habitat for me, will you?” she said her hands catching flame as they held his body. His power was weak from the usage of it so much. He tried to extinguish it and succeeded for one round; her power growing stronger as she drew it from him.

And then his body was burnt to a crisp. Roxanne fell from him; crawled up in a ball and crying her eyes out. It would be the last time she had let anyone ever come closer to her. She dropped out of her private school and became home schooled. The people she had talked to daily became strangers. All because of what had happened with James.

Roxanne shot up in her bed, sweat straining against her forehead. She was short on breath, breathing heavily to regain oxygen. Her eyes were wide as she stared around the darkness of her condominium. She squeezed them shut tightly, opening them to still see the same scene. It was the fifth time in that month that she had that scene replayed in her mind. Laying back down she ran a hand over her forehead, clearing it of sweat and tried to fall back into a more peaceful state of mind. For the once rebellious and wild child though; peace of mind was not something easy to come across.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who honestly saw this coming?