All you have to do is shout it out.

SIX

“Roxanne come on we know your there!” it was Valykrie. It was the morning after they had an encounter, and suddenly they were best friends all over again. “Roxanne!”

“Shut up! I’m coming.” She wasn’t even dressed; lounging around in her pajamas. Her shoulder was still undoubtedly sore and felt like it was dislocated. She opened the door and they piled in.

“Nice place,” Arabella said, breathing in. she then turned to look at Roxanne. “Get dressed.”
“Why?”

“Actually get packed.” Valykrie said plopping down.

“Why?”

“We’re going to New York!”

A road trip? Roxanne began to shake her head, when a force of air stopped her from doing so. “I wouldn’t deny it Roxie.”

“Dulcie?” she said, her voice pitched high.

“You know it.” The pressure on her head released.

“Shouldn’t you, I don’t know, be home cleaning?”

“Nope!” she laughed. “It’s my day off.”

“Let me see the rock,” Roxanne muttered, massaging her neck. “Holy mother of pearl,” she exclaimed when Dulcie stuck her left hand out.

“It’s nothing,” she said bashfully. “Come on I’ll help you pack.”

“Wait, I’m not even going I have to work!”

“Says who? Call in sick they won’t know the difference,” Valykrie said, picking up a empty pack of cigarettes. “Really?”

Roxanne’s upper lip twitched, but gave into submission. “Alright, why are we going to New York?”

“who’s missing?”

“Lily?”

“Yup. Now go! Pack! Vamos Chica! We have a long way to go.”

So they packed, despite her mumble and grumble. They were on the road no later than ten o’clock, and moving at the speed of light. They talked small about their lives; everyone except Roxanne who peered out the passenger window.

“Roxanne.” Roxanne.

Her head snapped to attention, eyes wide. “Who just said my name?”

The three turned to look at her. “Roxanne are you okay?”

“Yeah, I just guess a little jittery.”

“Liar.” Arabella called from the back seat.

“I am not.”

“Spit it out,” Valykrie said beside her. “Or I crash this vehicle.”

Roxanne rolled her eyes. “This voice…it’s been calling my name. A lot. And last night…something happened.”

“Are you okay?” Dulcie asked, wrapped her arms around her head rest.

“Yes…no….I don’t know. I mean, the thing almost threw me off the end of my terrace! And when I shot fire back…there were two figures; a man and a woman. But they weren’t real, they were just silhouettes. And then they were gone. And it kept saying how I wasn’t worthy of my powers…and it just…it has to be James and Aurora.”

The car went silent, as the others chewed it over. “It is a good explanation, they did escape from Utopia. The person who put them there was Roxanne. They could be going for revenge.” Dulcie mused.

“Does your husband know we do this?” Roxanne turned around to face her.

“Yeah. He’s a little weirdo about it, but finds it entirely hot too.”

“I need to get laid,” she groaned slumping against the leather seat.

“So, we think its James and Aurora behind making you a schizophrenic?”

“I can’t think of anyone else who would.”

Valykrie nodded, finger tips tapping on the steering wheel. “Good. Cause now all we have to do is figure out how to get rid of them for good. I’m tired of him.”

“You’re just tired because he didn’t give you a run for your money.”

“That’s exactly what Aurora said.”

Another awkward silence filled the air and conversation ceased afterwards. They stopped for lunch and such and continued their way down to New York. They made it there a little after seen O clock; with almost accidents occurring with Valykrie behind the wheel. Once they were checked into their hotel; Arabella and Valykrie sharing a room, while Dulcie and Roxanne stayed together, they met for dinner. After dinner Dulcie and Roxanne had what the married woman liked to call a heart to heart.

“Roxanne, about James….”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” She said quickly.

“But you need to.”

“Why do I need to talk about him? He lied to me, Dulcie. He wanted me dead, he tried to kill me. I was finally getting a little closure and he just stomped all over it. He was so good at lying to me, and pretending like he cared. What more do you want me to say?”

“That you don’t want him anymore? That he’s not going to stop you? That you’ll no longer be his little stepping stool?”

“I never was his stepping stool.”

“Roxanne he used you and you didn’t even question it. You were so head over heels.”

“Is there anything wrong with that? I was a teenager with raging hormones. Do you expect me to just ignore some hunk of meet that pretended to be interested in me? I’m sorry for trying to be normal.”

“Roxanne, just….if it comes down to it think with your mind not your heart.”

“Don’t worry. There’s nothing that I feel for him except hate and the want to castrate him.”

Dulcie laughed a little. “Alright, goodnight.”

Roxanne moved underneath the sheets after the lights went out, not succumbing to dreams or nightmares immediately. Was Dulcie seeking into inner sight and calling her out? Breathing through her nose she pushed the thoughts and questions that ran through her own mind aside and tried to find comfort in the soft bed she was laying in. surprisingly it didn’t come, not for a long time.