All you have to do is shout it out.

SEVEN

“Dulcie! Turn that off!” Roxanne growled, pillow stuffed over her head to block out the noise of the radio. The sun wasn’t even out yet.

“Come on Roxanne. Silly girl get up.”

“What time is it?”

“Seven o’clock.” She said simply, shaking her. “Get up.”

“No,” she groaned, seeping deeper into the bed.

“You asked for this,” she said. Out of nowhere her sheets flew off her body, and into Dulcie’s hands.

“That’s cheating! You can’t use your powers to make me do anything!”

“Just be lucky I’m not Valykrie.”

Roxanne glared at Dulcie for what felt likes hours; but eventually gave up and moved to the bathroom. “I won’t forget this.”

“Good!” she replied in a chipper tune.

She was ready with damp hair in twenty minutes, another thirty for her hair and makeup. The two moved out to meet the others and they went for a quick breakfast and moved onto finding Lily. They drove for an hour or so when they pulled to an abrupt stop. As she piled out, Roxanne lit a cigarette.

“That’s illegal.” Arabella said, dousing it with her finger.

Roxanne shot her a look and just lit another one. “It’s not illegal.”

“On this property it is.” she did it again.

“Do I care about this property? Will this property affect my life and decide whether I live or die? No. so I will smoke on this property, since this property has no voice.” She retorted, lighting up a cigarette, a spark of flame on her index aimed at Arabella. “Don’t even think about it.”

Her hands rose in surrender, but nodded to a figure ahead of her. “But he might.”

The group turned to see a security guard approaching them. “Roxanne put it out.” Dulcie said.

“No. and if you as much as think about doing it, I will make you extra crispy.”

The man had reached them by now, and nodded to the white stick protruding from Roxanne’s mouth. “Ma’m I’m going to have to ask you to remove that or take it elsewhere from our premises.”

Her head dipped down, a cocky smile on her lips. “You hear that guys? I’m supposed to remove my little friend here.” She tipped the cigarette up in her mouth at them, before turning back to the man. He was much taller than her and twice as heavy. Inhaling on the smoke, she exhaled through her nose; like a raging bull. The smoke had wafted up into his face. Roxanne continued to stare at him, a glower in her eyes. Once the smoke had cleared; he continued to stare at her. Cosmopolitan had said once before; the key to shutting a bitch down was to look at their forehead. Looking into their eyes signaled you wanted a fight.

Roxanne didn’t want a fight. Her eyes traveled to his forehead; suggesting she was a higher power and rank then him. That she was better. The security guard shifted and Roxanne knew she had won. With a satisfactory smirk she walked past, followed by the others.
“Roxanne it’s so obvious you haven’t changed.”

“I have. Trust me.” she said, pushing past the doors and tapping cinders on the perfectly constructed marble floor.

“You’ve got to be kidding me? You are seriously not getting cigarette trash over my newly waxed floors are you?” a new voice breached her ears.

It came from behind them and there she stood. Tanned skin, long dark hair, looking like a business woman. “Lily!” Dulcie cried and threw herself into her arms as well as the others.

Once they pulled back Lily inspected Roxanne with upmost scrutiny. “Let me guess who this is. Little deviator Roxanne?”

“Baby you know it,” she grinned wickedly and flicked her cigarette again. “Nice place. Making it big in the big apple, eh?”

“Where else would I rather be? So what’s the cause for you to all of a sudden be back alive and with the rest of the gang? You lonely?”

“No, hardly.” She lied. “You know, besides the fact those two hunted me down and Dulcie’s just a perk. Getting almost thrown off my building is too you know, having two people who you thought you could trust is nice too. You know, now that they’ve escaped from Utopia.”

“Now you’re talking,” she grinned broadly. “Step into my office. But kick the butt first,” she motioned to the cigarette.

“No. it’s my new best friend.”

“Nice to know your priorities have lowered as well.”

“It’s like you people are trying to make me light you on fire,” she mused under her breath as they moved into Lily’s broad office; the cigarette burning into nothing in her hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
seven subscribers out of the twenty from book one?): i feel like i've failed you guys!
Lily
Valykrie
Dulcie
Arabella
Roxanne