All you have to do is shout it out.

EIGHT

“So you’re telling me that their back and out for revenge?” Lily was leaning back behind her desk, arms folded.

“Pretty much yeah.”

She shook her head, laughing as if it was some kind of joke. “You’re kidding me right?”

“How many times do you say that a day?” Roxanne asked, her eyebrows knit.

“How many packs do you smoke?”

“One or two.”

“Oh, I thought you would you know, smoke at least ten.”

Valykrie sighed as Roxanne sneered. “We need you. We need the team to get back together.”

“I can’t.”

“Are you kidding me? Why the hell not?” Roxanne jumped from her chair.

“I have a company to manage and authors to put on the list. Fighting evil is not all that in anymore. It was a teenage affair. Don’t they have others to fill in for us or something?”

“No. Roxanne banished the spirit that did the killing when she, you know.” Dulcie said raising her eyebrows.

“You mean she actually stopped the killing and got us stuck in this position?” Lily asked, leaning forward.

“Once again, let’s not talk like I’m not here.”

“Wait, shut up.” Lily said, holding up a hand, looking on one spot.

“What?”

“It’s quiet.”

“Uhm, Lily?” Arabella said, standing.

“This place is never quiet.” Lily pushed out of the office; followed by all of them. All the workers were frozen. Frozen in everything they were in the midst of doing. “Fuck me,” she whispered.

Out of nowhere, Arabella and Dulcie were shot to the side, tumbling into frozen workers as well as Lily and Valykrie to the other. Roxanne turned to find nothing facing her in any direction. Her breathing slowed as she stood completely still. Roxanne. Her eyes clenched shut, fire crawling up her arms. “No…” she whispered through clenched teeth.

Something swept under her feet and sent her spiraling into a far wall. She landed with a painful moan and let gravity pull her down to the cold ground. She looked to see what had thrown her; of course nothing. With a frown, Roxanne stood.

“What’s going on?” Lily screamed.

“It’s them,” Dulcie breathed out.

Valykrie’s hand shot out; bolts of electricity spiraling at the invisible foes. It did nothing. Lily brought up the earth beneath the ground; nothing.

“Guys, stop. You can’t see them,” Roxanne said.

“You can?” Arabella

“No, but we will be,” she breathed out; smoke slithering out her mouth. Inhaling deep and large breaths; she focused on the fire within her. Then in one long and powerful exhalation fire erupted past her lips, shooting at the area around them. Two outlined complexes showed up; just like she had predicted.

Valykrie moved and took the woman figure, tackling her brutally to the ground. The male figure began to move towards Roxanne. Roxanne, stop this.

“No.”

You’re hurting me Roxanne. he was several paces in front of her.

“I don’t care.”

But you love me. the voice was soft and velvet; just like the first time she had heard it.

“No, I used to.” She said through gritted teeth. The fire was forming out of her hands now; pushing harder.

A hiss came from him; and he lunged at her. She didn’t expect him to actually be able to touch her, but he did. In fact, James had tackled her to the ground. It was then that she could see his face; the face before the burning. He wasn’t happy. “You’re coming with me.” he said and with a breathless scream from her; she was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
kind offff crappy.