Status: In Progress

These Years

Ten.

I stood in front of my closet sizing up my options. I ran my hand over the fabrics trying to finally make a decision; something I’ve failed to do for the past hour. Letting out a sigh, I ran my hand through my hair before finally siding on a silver sequenced dress. I pulled it off of its hanger and slipped off my sweats, replacing it with the dress. After putting it on, I walked into the washroom, giving myself a once over. I deemed myself decent; clad in a light layer of makeup along with my hair slightly wavy. I left the room, making sure to turn off the light before slipping on a pair of shoes that were both good looking and comfortable. From there I grabbed my phone and my key before leaving my dorm.

I walked down the hallway to TJ’s room and knocked on the door.

I was greeted by a voice, “Come in!”

I turned the doorknob and walked in, seeing the three boys I have grown close with sitting on the couch. They all turned their attention to me as I walked into the room. I was welcomed by smiles and even a low wolf whistle from TJ. I just rolled my eyes, laughing.

“Ready to party?!” Jordan shouted from his place in the middle of the couch.
I let out a sigh as I stood in front of them, “I still have no idea how you guys convinced me to come.”

Honestly, I didn’t. They always told me I was too tense and serious, even compared to Jonathan, who I claimed was much worse than me. The boys said they get me out to a party sooner or later and in a moment of weakness I somehow agreed. Maybe it was in defence, to them saying I was too serious. Either way though, I always said I wouldn’t be a partier in college and I planned to stick to that. One party wouldn’t be a big deal though, I hoped.

“Alright, well I guess we better head out.” TJ broke me out of my thoughts.
I nodded as the boys got to their feet. TJ and Jordan were the first to the door as Jonathan and I trailed behind.

“You look really nice, Suri.” Jonathan said to me quietly.
I bit my lip, giving him a secret once-over. “You don’t look to bad yourself.” I smiled.

Jonathan and I had grown closer since he found out about Brandon. Jordan and TJ still had no idea about my “past” (if you’d call it that) and just seemed happy that both of their friends were becoming just that: friends.

The two of us followed the other two down the hall and across campus.

“You don’t seem very excited about the party.” Jonathan joked.
I rolled my eyes playfully, “Maybe because I’m not. I don’t know why I agreed to it, honestly.”
He wrapped his arm around me for a brief second, into a sideways hug of sorts. “It’s because you love us,” He paused, “And maybe because you’re trying to prove you’re less serious than me.” I tried to hold back a laugh but failed miserably, “Which you aren’t by the way. Even I know how to let lose once in a while. I think tonight will be good for you.” I shrugged as we caught up with Jordan and TJ who had slowed their paced down so we wouldn’t get lost as only TJ had been to this place before.

Within a few minutes we had reached the location of the party. The house matched it’s neighbourhood: older. You could tell the area had turned into homes for students just from the feel around it. The house itself was quiet tall and narrow, with brown bricks making it up. I could hear the pounding of the music and see the bright lights flash from inside as we made our way up the porch and to the door.

“Go ahead,” Jordan spoke to me, holding open the door.
I gave him a smile, which I’m sure looked more like a grimace due to my uneasiness.

The boys followed me inside and my discomfort grew. You could tell TJ felt at home in this setting. He instantly gave us all a wave and made his way over to a group of guys, teammates I was assuming –did I mention this was a party thrown by members of their hockey team?- Jonathan and Jordan seemed like they both were going to stick by my side for the time being until a voice was heard of the music.

“Johnny-boy! Get over here!” A guy yelled to Jonathan. He was holding two red solo cups, with one outstretched.

Jonathan turned around to face me, “Hey, I’ll catch up with you later, okay?” This was posed more as a question than anything, almost like he was asking my permission to leave.
Obviously I wasn’t going to ruin his fun, “Sounds good.” I shot him a reassuring smile. With that he left to join the boy across the room.

Jordan put his hands on my shoulders try to relax me. I looked up at him with a small smile on my face.

“Don’t worry,” He spoke, taking his hands away from me and shoving them in his pants’ pockets. “I won’t ditch you.”
I let out a laugh and made him aware of my appreciation.

I stuck to Jordan’s side for the majority of the night. He introduced me to a few of his other friends –the majority of which were his teammates- and we spent much of our time just wandering around the party.

A while later, I was on my second beer of the night –believe me when I say I’m not much of a drinker.- I took more to sipping rather than gulping like everyone else seemed to be doing. Someone had to be sensible here.

I was standing along a wall alongside Jordan and several other people. We were watching a beer pong match that TJ was playing in. Let’s just say he was beyond wasted as is. I laughed as TJ had to take another drink.

“I’m glad I don’t have to deal with him tomorrow morning.” I laughed, speaking to Jordan.
“Oh God,” He said rubbing at his temple, “Don’t even remind me that we have an early practice tomorrow.

Both of us let out a small laugh and went back to watching the beer pong game in front of us.

This wasn’t too bad after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter sucks and is fairly short. I'm sorry!

I felt bad for not updating for so long and I've had this chapter on my computer for a few weeks trying to add something to it but I couldn't come up with anything. Again, I'm sorry, but I just wanted you all to get an update since it's been forever!

As well, can you check out my new story? I'm trying to get some stuff pre-written before I post anything but I think the idea is really unique. By subbing you'll find out as soon as I post the first chapter! I hope you will all check it out and give it a chance!

Thanks! And again, sorry for how bad this chapter is and the delay on posting it! Please give me some feedback here!