Status: In Progress

These Years

Seven.

I woke up sprawled out on a couch. I was confused at first, trying to figure out where I was. Hell, did I get drugged up and kidnapped? Then I remembered our little get-together at TJs. At this realization, I was first relived –at least my former assumption wasn’t correct,- but I then remembered I had an early class. I glanced frantically around the living room to find out the time, when my eyes stopped on the TV; it informed me that it was 2:45 in the morning.

2:45?!

I lay still for a moment, then, sat up from my spot on the couch. I set my feet on the floor and took a step before tumbling to the ground and hearing a loud groan in the process. I looked to the right, where the supposed groan came from. And there was Jordan.

“Shit,” I mumbled, “Sorry.” My voice whispered, realizing I woke him up.
“Eh,” Jordan rubbed his head a little bit, propping himself up slightly on his elbows. “No biggy.” He too, glanced at the clock before muttering a flurry of curses. “Ugh,” Another mumble, “We have our earliest class of the year and this happens.” Another few curses spilled from his lips.
Just as he did so, though, another voice was heard. “Waa’z goin’ on?” And TJ was awake too.
Jordan and I let out a deep sigh in unison. I was the first to speak, “It’s nearly 3 in the morning, TJ; we all just passed out over here apparently. Jordan and I have an early class, so I have to head out and hopefully catch some “Z’s” at home.”
“No way am I walking back home now.” Jordan spoke. “Hey buddy,” He spoke to TJ, “Can I just spend the rest of the night here?” He was only greeted by a light snore. “Well I’ll take that as a yes,” He chuckled. “See you later Suri.” Jordan gave me a small smile and friendly rub on my arm.

I stood up, this time making sure I was stepping on anyone. I walked to the door and opened it quietly. Then, I stepped into the hallway, and made sure to close the door as quietly as I opened it.

I scurried down the hallway down to my dorm; pulling my room card out of my pocket as I did so. As soon as I got the door open, I threw my key onto the table and made a beeline for my bed.

--

“I’m so hungry...”
“Shush, I’m trying to listen.”
“But I’m so hungry.” A sound of a growling stomach accompanied the voice this time around. “See?”
“What? Does TJ not make a good breakfast?” I chuckled quietly.
“I didn’t have time for breakfast. I slept in. And then had to run home quick to get my books.” Jordan pushed.
“Stop complaining,” I sighed. I was having enough problems concentrating as it was; Jordan’s chatter was not helping. “We can go out somewhere for food after class if you want?”
He replied with no hesitation, “Please!”

I turned back to the front of the room. Mr. Bello was explaining something for what seemed like the fifth time, and I was growing bored.

Thankfully though, the class ended about 20 minutes later.

As the bell rang, Jordan practically jumped out of his seat.

“Let’s hit the road, Sur!” He spoke excitedly. I just chuckled and followed the boy out the door of our classroom.

“So where do you even want to get breakfast from?” I asked as we made our way through campus.
“There’s this really nice diner a few minutes away, that we found last week. So there, if that’s alright with you?” His statement was posed as a question. I nodded, showing my agreement.

The two of us walked together to the diner, sharing a light conversation about our hometowns as well as future plans. But before we knew it, we were standing in front of the tiny diner.

I sized up the building; looking at it: from the old fashioned shingle roof to the fine shrubbery out front. The old wooden doors seemed familiar and the curtains in the windows pulled at my heartstrings. I was confused for a moment before a brief memory flashed through my mind.

“I know showing you this place is going to scar my “tough guy” impression, but fuck it.” He smiled that breathtaking smile.
“Seriously Brandon, I’m sure you wo-” I stopped in midsentence as I saw a building appear behind a few trees. “Is this is?!” He nodded over, smiling at me. “It’s so cute!” I let out a little squeal.

My eyes scanned the tiny building that looked like a beat down, yet still stylish diner. It was worn, but crafted perfectly.

He grabbed my hand and led me into the building. Our hands broke apart as we seated ourselves in a booth to the left of the door and right beside a window. I glanced outside the building, taking in the flawless outdoor design, before turning back to the inside. The decor might have been cheesy to some, but I found it lovely.

We both glanced at the menus in front of us and decided on what we were ordering before resuming our conversation.

“Sooo,” Brandon started, “You like it?” He looked around, letting me know he was referring to the diner.
“Love it.” I assured, giving him a beaming smile.


“Hey,” A voice spoke, “Suri, are you alright?” I snapped back into reality due to Jordan’s voice.
I shook my head slightly, just to notice Jordan was several paces in front of me; nearly at the door, as I stood back, with my mouth slightly ajar looking at the building.
“Yeah.” I replied, “I’m fine.” I took a few quick strides to catch up with him.

We walked into the diner, and looked for a place to sit down. As we did so, a wave caught our eye.

The boy I was introduced to yesterday sat in a both alone; menu in hand.

“There’s Jonathan,” Jordan spoke, “Do you mind if we sit with him?”
“No problem at all,” I spoke.

Jordan led the way over to the booth and we both sat down across from the boy.
♠ ♠ ♠
I feel so bad for this update taking so long. I'm sorry you guys, seriously. I understand you don't want to hear my excuses, but my schedule has been more than crazy with track, dance and academics.

Last chapter though, I only received a few comments. So let's try and top that this time! There's 30 subscribers, so does 3-5+ comments sound reasonable? Let's try it!

Sorry again for the delay in updating, and thanks for the support with this story!