Status: In writting just a draft still developing the story

LOVE, LOSS, AND LIFE

Prologue

Chaotic, unpredictable, war zone, fun, lively; this is my life in a nut shell. My name is Halley Rose Corinthos and my life is far from perfect, half is which is due to my own mistakes the other half due to fate. I am a 23 year old who recently graduated from college with a master in teaching, but I am far from ready to be teaching anyone. I live in the suburbs of North Carolina with my two best friends Melissa and Fiona. I suppose some would say I am spoiled, to which I would agree with to a degree. My dad pays for everything, and we hardly speak to each other. But there is a lot of baggage in that relationship. Like for example he bought me the beautiful house right on the beach which me and my friends currently live in and I haven’t once invited him over. Of course he has come without invitation but those visits just ended up becoming fight after fight.

I suppose I should tell you about my father before we get any further. Sonny Corinthos is a head honcho of the “coffee business” otherwise known as the mob. I am not even sure what exactly he does and I don’t bother to ask. When I was a kid he wasn’t really around so we never had that deep father daughter bond. The only men in my life where my body guards and two boys one of which is my brother Michael who is my idol and the other is Jason who is now working on being my top guy and my well we will get to Jason later. My dad came into my life in an everyday sense when I was in high school and shortly after that my mom was killed. The bullet was aimed for Sonny but my mom just happened to walk by at the wrong time. I suppose this is the wedge that is really between us. I blame him for her death and he knows I am right so doesn’t try to argue.

Michael is five years older than me, which for you non math people puts him at 28. As kids we were really close well as close as you can be to an annoying little sister. As we got older we became even closer, we both had to go through the annoyance of having body guards follow you everywhere, and the fun of giving them the slip! Oddly enough our mothers death weakened our bond, Michael was all for my dad at this point he was ready to learn about the family “coffee” business and start to take a roll in the office. So as of now Michael and I are a little estranged, he contently tries to get me to talk to Sonny and I stand my ground. But we still see each other a few times a year and try to ignore the subject of dad.

Then there is Jason Morgan. This one will be hard to explain so bear with me. Jason is Michaels best friend they are exactly 5 months apart and are literally two peas in a pod. Jason was star QB in high school and his star receiver was none other than Michael. Jason broke his arm one summer and shortly after Michael had is wrist in a cast. Jason is the son of one of my dad’s retired body guards, so he is almost family. He is probably a better marxs men then anyone of my dad’s men, including Michael. Jason knows how to push my buttons and can be an extremely hard person to read. But he is the most honest person I know. Jason and I have a complicated history, we have been friends for a very long time and recently that friendship has started to get a little hot.

Fiona and Mellissa are my friends from college. They are both really fun girls, and they know all about my dad’s coffee business and still choose to live with me despite the risk of being shot at. Fiona is the quietest of the three of us, but man that girl can let loose when you put a drink in her hand. She is defiantly the mom of the house though. She is the one who makes us clean and go grocery shopping. She is a sweet girl and doesn’t have a mean bone in her body. Then there is Mellissa who is a wild child. She is very outgoing and will talk to anyone and everyone about anything. She is probably the messiest of us all but she is the one who brings the fun and lightness to the house.

Some other people you will meet are not important right off the start but you will see them evolve through my life. Tank is the biggest body guard in my dads fleet, and his name suits him well he is very un talkitive and quite frankly confuses the shit out of me and makes me feel a little uncomfortable but I am happy to have him protecting me. Then there is Ranger, who is probably one of the sexiest men I have ever seen in my life. He is one of those men in a magazine that makes your jaw drop, he is dark skinned, well he is dark everything. Basically when it comes down to it about every sexual fantasy I had now includes him. Next is Tony who is the guy that hosts the majority of the parties that we all go to. Some of my father’s enemies aka the people who try to shoot/kidnap me for leverage/pay back; Jonny Core, Damian Conners, and Victor Cruz.

I guess the next person to talk about would be me. So like I said I am 22 have a masters in teaching. It will soon come as a shock to you that I am a huge history buff, if it isn’t already. I am defiantly my own worst enemy, I cause way to much drama then is necessary, I tend to take things out of hand, and I have a really hard time with my feelings; So most of the time I shut down and just do whatever comes to mind first. Basically I am a train wreck! And right now the train is leaving the station so get your seat and hold on tight.