Status: In writting just a draft still developing the story

LOVE, LOSS, AND LIFE

CH 2. The Run

He defiantly pushed me, and he was right I had been slaking in the running department and been exceeding in the drinking portion of my life. It felt good to be running on the beach again. To feel the sun on my body and the sand beneath my bare feet and it wasn’t so bad having a half-naked man to run with. We reached the next house which ended our run, well in that direction. I stop and sat down and Jason followed, both of our breathes were labored.

“So what brings you here this time. My life in danger?”
I said it jokingly. I was a little to care free in that department for everyone’s taste; but when your life is literally in danger more than not you run out of energy to stress about it.

“Yes actually it is. I wish you would just take these things more seriously. We are all doing this shot for you, and your just out flirting with guys and getting so hung over you cant even recognize when there are two men in your kitchen.”
He stood up and his voice got louder as he spoke. Ok I know he got annoyed but this was over the top. And I didn’t like being talked to like a child. Especially by Jason.

I jumped to my feet. This ass whole basically just called me a slut!
“Excuse me? What the hell is wrong with you? You think you can just walk into my house and tell me how to live? You have another fucking thing coming Jason.”
I started to walk away but the flirting with every guy thing really got to me.
“And by the way I don’t just go out flirting with guys. More often than not I bring them home.”
I walked pass him bumping his arm with my own.

I was surprised when he grabbed my arm, my body was yanked back towards him and I was thrown off balance. I felt his arms catch me and turned my head to yell but the look in his eyes stopped me. It was something I had never seen before on his face. Everything just went soft.

“I love you.”

My mind started racing. I just told him I slept with guys almost everynight, which was a lie, but still his response is I love you? What was I supposed to say back? I loved him but I couldn’t bring my lips to form the words. I was too afraid if I said them my world would shatter. Plus how can you love someone who is in your life one day and could be gone the next on some order from your dad. So instead I just kissed him with all I had. My hands wrapped around his neck and I felt my feet leave the ground as he lifted my to his arms. My breathe felt like it couldn’t leave or enter my body quick enough, and my stomach was all twisted. There is no doubt in my mind that I am in love with Jason Morgan.

Naturally nothing in my life can just remain good. I heard a gun go off felt a pain behind my knee and was slammed to the sand all in about a matter of 30 seconds. My eyes started to water from the pain of the sand in what I knew was a bullet hole, but I was trying to keep that thought out of my mind. Jason’s body was on top of mine and a gun was in his hand. Don’t ask me where the hell he got it from. More shots were fired and I could feel the sand around me shake. My instinct was to get up and run but it was kind of impossible with a body on top of me and a bullet in my leg, which I don’t think Jason knew about.

“Just stay down. And due what I say when I say it.”
He yelled as he returned the gun fire. From what I could tell there was about 3 or 4 guys shooting at us. And we had no cover and one gun. Maybe it was time I started caring. All the sudden there was more gun fire and I heard Jason yelling and saw Tank and Ranger go flying by and all at once everything went silent, and the pain rushed to my leg.

Jason stood up as Ranger and Tank came back they were talking but I couldn’t bring myself to hear what they were saying. I felt the three of them coming over to me. I looked down at my leg and the last thing I remember hearing was a simultaneous shit from all four of us. There was a lot of red sand around my leg.