Status: Im writinggg.

Another Thing About a Girl I Know

I think that's enough...

Charlie stood at the airport with every little thought running through her mind as she waited to see the familiar face that she missed so dearly. She couldn’t believe that she was actually seeing Cassidy after all these years. She had no idea what to expect, over the phone Cassidy had been ecstatic, so she couldn’t possibly be mad now?

”Cas…is that really you?” Charlie asked her voice shaky.

“Charlie?” Her voice cracked, “Why…what’s wrong?”

“I need you, I need you to come. I’ll pay for everything, I’ll do whatever you want, I need you here.” The words came out faster than she ever thought she could speak.

“Of course! I’ll be there! Soonest flight, I miss you so much. And you don’t have to pay for anything; I married to a rock star. Remember? I have so much to tell you! Oh my gosh! The baby, well it’s not much of a baby any more. How is...it?” Cassidy was so excited, and she kept her voice loud so Charlie couldn’t hear Jimmy talking to Brian on the phone.

She is wonderful. Abrianna. Abrianna Ele. She’s so much like…” Charlie couldn’t finish, she couldn’t say the name that meant so much at one time that she hasn’t uttered in years.

“Brian…” Cassidy finished.

“Does he…? Did you keep…?” Charlie had to know.

“I did, Zack on the other hand had a big mouth and told him a few years ago. He’s been trying to find you ever since…Charlie he’s made himself crazy over you two. “ Cassidy couldn’t hide the sadness in her voice. Brian had kept things hidden from the public because he didn’t want the first time he saw his child to be in a tabloid.

A cry shook Charlie as she thought about Brian trying to find her, “Cassidy…I don’t even know what to say…I always knew that she would meet her father, I just knew I couldn’t have been the best that I can be for her if I were to try to raise her on the bus. What kind of life is that for a child? And Brian wasn’t ready; he jumped into things so fast with me, there’s no way he could have handled a child. I did what I thought was best, and I couldn’t handle the thought of all of you leaving the tour because of my stupidity. I’m so sorry…”

“Charlotte… You did what you felt was best for you and your child I will never, ever judge you for that. And it’s very possible that Brian wasn’t ready then, but we’ll never know and we can’t go back. However, I will tell you that he is ready now; he still loves you and that child. More than I’m sure any of us actually realize.” The other end was silent besides hushed sobs “But enough about Brian. It’s pretty late in the day; maybe I can get a red eye and be there in the morning. Where ever there is…”

Laughing Charlie’s mood lightened, “ I live in Batavia, New York. But the closest major airport is the Buffalo-Niagara Airport so if you can get a flight there I’ll pick you up if you give me the arrival time.”

“As soon as I know you’ll know. I love you Charlie.”

“I love you too, see you soon.”


Charlie was torn from her thoughts as she heard someone screaming her name looking up she came face to face with her best friend.

“Cassidy!” she dropped everything and fell into a sprint as she dodged people.

Meeting in the middle they hugged and fell into a heap of tears and laughter, “I missed you so much. Let me touch your face!” Cassidy yelled.

They just sat there and looked at each other for a moment until they heard hushed laughter coming from above them, looking up they saw Jimmy. Charlie quickly stood up and hugged him like her life depended on it.

“Now, I hope you’re not mad but we brought some others along for the ride…” Jimmy spoke stepping aside.

Charlie saw everyone she left behind she searched their faces as they ran toward her, she couldn’t hide her disappointment of not seeing those chocolate brown eyes. She was soon enfolded into a giant group hug, and overwhelmed with I miss yous, you look so goods, and where have you been. Charlie stepped back and looked around, she couldn’t be happier that she had everyone she cared about back and with here this very moment. Then it hit her, Abrianna was home with Bubby, most likely getting lunch at Johnny’s because he could never say no to her big brown eyes. And then there was Brian, Brian wasn’t here, she slowly looked down brushing fallen tears from here eyes.

Everyone looked around at each other as they watched the realization unfold right in front of them before they heard a voice call out Charlie’s name and everyone froze. They all knew that Brian had come but he was frozen right outside the gate and had told them all to go ahead.

“Brian?” Charlie’s eyes searched for the source of the voice, her eyes locking on him, “Brian!”

Running she jumped into his arms wrapping her legs around him and burying her face in his neck, inhaling deep smelling the scent she missed so much, Marlboro cigarettes, old spice, mint and just Brian. She couldn’t believe she was in his arms again; she let a breath go she didn’t know she had been holding. She felt relief she never thought she’d feel this way again.

“Charlie, god I missed you. Look at you! You’re gorgeous! God, where have you been?” Brian asked pulling back to look at her face, being sure not to let her out of his arms.

“Brian, I am so sorry. I can’t believe you’re here, please forgive me.” Charlie cried as she searched his face for a reaction.

“Charlie, I’ll never know why you did what you did. You broke my heart…twice. Once when you left me, and again when I found out we had a child. You ripped my heart out and then held it in front of my eyes to see. At first I was so livid I couldn’t even think about you without hating you. But then slowly, I realized that you had to have had a reason behind your choice and it must have been a damn good one. Well at least it better be a damn good one, anyway. But we’re here now, and I get to meet my child. God, I hope it’s just like you.” Brian said kissing her cheek.

“Wait…it? You don’t know?” Charlie couldn’t believe he didn’t know he had a daughter.

“Yeah…I don’t really know. But don’t tell me! I just want to see them.” Brian dropped her legs and grabbed her hand. “Lets go get the show on the road.”

Charlie couldn’t contain her nerves as she drove down her road and then she physically started shaking as she saw the lime green paint of Johnny’s. She started humming when she saw Bubby’s car out front. Brian squeezed her knee as he smiled knowing her nervous habits.

“Well, here’s Johnny’s.” Charlie said pulling into the place she calls home in so many ways.

“Wait this is the bar you’ve been talking about; its named Johnny’s? I feel so special!” Johnny burst from the back seat.

“Don’t go callin’ this your bar, Johnny. Pop will knock you on your ass.” Charlie laughed pulling into her normal parking spot and cutting the engine. “Well, here it goes.”

Everyone got out of the car and followed Charlie into the door, no one knowing what to expect when they walked in.

“Pop!” Charlie called her voice shaking “Bub?”

“Incoming!” Bubby yelled as he lost grip of Abrianna and she ran out from the kitchen.

“Momma!” Abrianna yelled running and jumping on to her mom.

“Hey baby.” Charlie held tight and stood up, turning to face her friends.

Brian stopped in his tracks as he looked at the little girl in Charlie’s arms; she was the spitting image of the women he loved. It took his breath away looking at the two of them standing right in front of him.

“Baby, there’s a few people I’d like you to meet.” Charlie set her daughter on the floor but held her hand tight. “These are my friends...”

“The one’s from the picture…” Abrianna cut off as Bubby walked up and put on hand on Abrianna’s shoulder and the other in the small of her mother’s back.

Charlie laughed awkwardly, “Yeah…” one by one she introduced them to her daughter saving Brian for last, knowing it would be the hardest. “And last, this is Brian…”

“Hi, Brian. Nice to meet you.” Abrianna said waving.

“She doesn’t know…” Brian stopped to steady himself, “She doesn’t know who I am?”

“Anna, hun. Brian is...uhm…” Charlie’s voice caught and she looked up and Bubby.

“Bumble-Bee, Brian is your Dad…” Bubby said kneeling down next to her.

“He can’t be my dad, I’ve never met him before. Everyone knows their dad.” Abrianna said not even looking in his direction.

“I know, baby, but he is your dad. I left him, and everyone, before you were born. That’s when Bubby and Pop took me in.” Charlie couldn’t look at Brian. Abrianna was taking it out on him and it wasn’t his fault.

“I don’t want him to be my dad! Bubby is my daddy!” Abrianna turned and ducked her head into Bubby.

Brian looked like a train had hit him as tears slid down his face; I couldn’t look at him. My eyes locked with Bubby, his eyes shined proud, but his face showed guilt.

“Abrianna, please. At least get to know me, not as your dad, but just as your mom’s friend? Just like these guys. Bu...Bubby can be your…dad.” Brian’s voice cracked as he spoke, gasps were heard around the room.

“Hey everyone, I’m Pop, owner of this fine establishment. Round on me and some fries?” Pop walked out of the kitchen, to save the day.

“Okay.” Abrianna said stealing a look at Brian, “Pop, can I have chicken fingers?”

Right at that moment Abrianna seemed so much older to Charlie, she realized she grew up thinking Bubby was her father, and in so many ways he ways. In almost every way he was, besides the fact that he wasn’t.

“Anything for you, baby girl. What about your new friends?” Pop asked gesturing to the group.

“Can they have chicken fingers too?” Abrianna giggled.

“How about we let them have whatever they want. Can you introduce me?” Pop asked smiling.

“Uhm, I think I can.” She hesitantly walked toward the group. “This is Jimmy, I think there was something about a duck? Uhm, and Aunt Cassidy. Johnny and Jenny, which is kinda funny. Matt and Ade, and Matt and Bailey. Zacky and Sadie, I think.” Abrianna looked back at Pop without introducing Brian, “And so far, I think Jimmy is the one that’s gonna be the most fun. Oh and that’s Brian. Jimmy, you want some chicken fingers?”

That’s all it took for Jimmy to be caught in her web, “Sounds like a plan to me. You know, your mommy used to call me Jim-Jam?”

Abrianna giggled, “That’s silly.” She took his hand and dragged him to the biggest booth in the place. “But it fits…tell me the story about the ducks?”

Everyone followed them to the booth except Brian, Bubby and Charlie.

“Bri, this is Bubby…” Charlie said staying close to Bubby.

“Bernard but feel free to call me what you wish.” Extending his hand Bubby stood protectively by her side.

Ignoring Bubby Brian’s eyes stayed on Charlie, “So are you two, like a thing?”

Charlie’s eyes met Bubby’s and she smiled, “Yeah…I think so…”

“You think so? How do you not know? I think that’s something that’s either a yes or no.” Brian challenged, “Are you guys just fucking? Are you together? Or is he just trying to take my place?

“Yes...” Was all Charlie could manage to say.

“Yes what? Yes you’re together? Or yes he’s playing house with my family?”

Charlie felt as if shed been stabbed in the stomach, she could hardly breath. Grabbing on to Bubby for support she just looked at Brian in disbelief.

“Brian, I think that’s enough.” Bubby said pulling Charlie into him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhhh my goodness! Its been wayyy too long
If any of you are still out there, here you go.
I love you all..