Status: Active

Putting Fun in Dysfunctional

Stressful Situations

“At least he admits it,” Kenna smiled at Kadi and reached over to pat Chipper’s shoulder. “Moving on. I have an appointment Tuesday to go see about the baby, will you guys come with me?”

“Sure, I think I’m still the father,” Chipper looked up with a confused expression on his handsome face. “Am I?”

“Yes, if it’s okay with Kadi,” Kenna answered quickly, both looked at Kadi expectantly.

“What? Oh, I don’t mind,” Kadi waved them off and leaned against Chipper’s side.

“Good, Tuesday at nine in the am,” Kenna smiled brightly and walked out of the room with a bounce in her step.

FFD:

“Hi,” Kenna smiled at the doctor when he introduced himself to be Dr. James Randal. “I’m Kenna Jones and this is Chipper Jones and Kadi Kole, my ex-husband and best friend.”

“It’s nice to meet you all,” Dr. Randal smiled and acknowledged everyone in the room with a nod. “Now there’s not much we can do today, from the papers you say your about eight weeks along? Let’s get the ultrasound out and have a look.”

“Oh, you can see it this early?” Kenna’s eyes widened with surprise. She then stared in shock at the vaginal ultrasound machine he held up.

“That’s—“ Chipper paused and looked away, shaking his head. He couldn’t say anything.

“You won’t see anything but a small dot, it’ll look like a lima bean,” the doctor smiled at Kenna and ignored Chipper. “But from the size, I can monitor how it’s progressing in the weeks along.”

“How cool,” Kenna bounced on the doctor chair and leaned back against the crackle paper. “I can’t wait.”

“Calm down,” Chipper laughed happily, excited for Kenna but he still couldn’t look at the doctor when he started the ultrasound on Kenna.

“I’m amazed by this—oh my god,” Kenna gasped looking at the screen in surprise. “That’s a baby?”

“That is a fetus at eight weeks,” the doctor chuckled at Kenna’s reaction.

“It’s so tiny and looks nothing like a baby,” Kenna giggled and looked over at Chipper and Kadi. “Do you see this? I’ve got a lima bean in my uterus.”

“Oh I feel this child will be called Lima Bean for the rest of its life,” Kadi was tickled to death to be an aunt.

“Congrats Ken,” Chipper smiled and grabbed Kenna’s hand; he gave it a squeeze and looked back at the monitor with a smile on his face.

FFD:

“Twins?” Kenna’s wide eyes looked from the screen to Kadi and Chipper, she wondered if she had heard right. “What? Twins? I can’t have twins!”

“I think you are,” Chipper stared at the screen with eyes just as wide. “Um…that’s great.”

“I’m a single mom! How the hell am I—“she stopped awkwardly and turned to look at Dr. Randal. “I’m sorry.”

“We can do this,” Kadi assured her with a frantic nod after Dr. Randal assured Kenna she was fine. “If I have too, I’ll move in to your huge house with you.”

“We both will,” Chipper nodded his head along with Kadi. “It’s kind of still my house anyways so—it’s not really a big deal.”

“No,” Kenna shook her head. “You both have lives. I’ll be fine. Chipper, get your own place. Eric and I are getting pretty serious, maybe he’ll move in…”

“Don’t trust someone else, Kenna. Not someone like Eric,” Chipper warned with a dreadful look.

“I know but I don’t want you guys to do every thing for me,” Kenna sighed and looked up at Chipper. “I want to be able to do everything for my children but when I have to stop working, how am I going to pay bills and when I start, who’s going to watch the kids?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment