Status: Active

Putting Fun in Dysfunctional

“Death day, huh? Nice touch—rude but very original you gotta admit.”

Later—

“Not to shabby for an old man,” Kenna chuckled as she waited by her car, Kadi had been laying on the hood of the car, anxiously waiting for Chipper to get there, the closer Chipper got to them, the more Kadi couldn’t breathe.

"This old man isn’t too shabby at a lot of things;” Chipper shoved his bat bag in the open trunk, smirked and glanced at Kadi. “Sorry, force of habit to shamelessly flirt with Ken, she hates it.”

“Fuck you,” Kenna simply retorted and ducked into the driver’s seat, Kadi glanced at Chipper and gave a shrug and nervous smile.

“I did, you were kind of bad at it. I hope I taught you a few things—ow!” Chipper laughed through his pain as Kenna put the car back into park, after she had started to drive out of the empty parking lot and started throwing her fist at him. “Shit Ken, calm down. It was a joke.”

“It fucking better be, I’m being nice enough to allow you in my home for a few days—“Kenna began to mutter to herself angrily.

“If it makes you feel any better, you were amazing in bed—ow! Okay, I’ll stop; just quit punching me for God’s sake!” Chipper ducked against the door and shielded himself weakly from Kenna. “Fucking psycho.”

“You’re making Kadi uncomfortable,” Kenna mumbled guiltily with a frown. “Sorry Kadi, he just pisses me off so bad.”

“Its cool, somewhat entertaining,” Kadi chuckled and sat back comfortably against the seat.

“No its not—“Kenna stopped mid-snappy comment when she cell phone started ringing. “Hey mom—what? You're at my house…you are? No, its okay. I’m with Kadi but I’ll be there as soon as I can. Okay, I love you too.”

“What? Is your mother really visiting while I’m here?” Chipper whined looking at Kenna pathetically.

“She’s visiting for three days, you can’t be there, and she wants to kill you for what you did to me. You can stay with Kadi—Kadi will that be okay? It’s only three days,” Kenna looked so stressed out that Kadi couldn’t help but make a noise of sympathy.

“I have an extra bedroom, he’s welcome to stay in it,” Kadi smiled agreeing on the outside but inside, she was a nervous wreck. Chipper Jones had been a longtime hero of hers, ever sense she seen him on her twelfth birthday, she had been a fan and would always be; it didn’t help matters that he was absolutely gorgeous to her.

“That’s very kind but I don’t want to impose—“Chipper started but Kadi jumped in and put her hand on his shoulder to stop him. She shook her head.

“Please, it’s no problem. I’m barely there, I have no roommate and no animals, it’ll be like a free vacation,” Kadi tried to persuade him; it was an opportunity to gain a friend or more if she was lucky. “I’d be cool, with me you know?”

“As long as you’re okay with it,” Chipper agreed wearily, Kadi smiled and nodded before she took a glance at Kenna through the rearview mirror, Kenna winked and mouthed a thank you quietly. “Oh, Ken tell your mom that I adored the last phone call I got on the third of September like every year telling me how sorry I am, she calls it my death day because I killed myself by losing you. Tell her I said thanks a bunch.”

“Well you know mom, she’s a bundle of joy,” Kenna could do nothing but shrug her shoulders and grin just a little bit. “Death day, huh? Nice touch—rude but very original you gotta admit.”

“You’re just as crazy as that old bat,” Chipper grumbled under his breath. “Don’t tell her I’m in town, she’ll find me and castrate me in my sleep or some shit.”

“You're such a baby, you’ll be fine at Kadi’s place,” Kenna rolled her eyes and sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
No one knows Chipper? God you people are missing out...