Status: Active

Putting Fun in Dysfunctional

“How opposed to shamelessly flirting in public are you, Chipper?”

“Kenna, you’ve always wanted a baby,” Chipper kneeled down in front of her. “What does it matter who the father is, you’ll be a great mom and raise that like it doesn’t need one. Don’t doubt yourself, make this a good thing.”

“You don’t understand,” Kenna wiped her eyes. “If Van decides he wants the baby, he’ll have it taken from me. I’ll be even more bitter.”

“He won’t touch your kid,” Chipper glanced down at Kenna’s stomach. “Because—its mine, you cheated on him with me. He won’t ever know the truth.”

“I—I can’t do that to you, its wrong on so many levels,” Kenna shook her head and Kadi watched curiously.

“I’ll tell my agent to secretly spread the news, create rumors, he’ll have no choice but to believe it because no one but us knows,” Chipper announced and then added. “Unless he’s black or something.”

“Van is a brunette Italian guy that co-owns the restaurant we work at,” Kadi explained to Chipper with a smile on her face, he looked adorable and no matter what anyone would think, she thought this plan was very brave and amazingly kind. “He’s very gullible; I think he’ll buy it.”

“Good,” Chipper chewed on the inside of his lip thoughtfully. “Let’s put the thoughts in his head. Let’s go to work. Either of you go in?”

“We have to go get our checks after four,” Kadi murmured trying to be helpful Kenna’s eyes
began watering again and before Kadi or Chipper knew it, she was pulling them both down into her arms.

“I love you guys so much, even you Chipper. You can be the world’s biggest asshole but you can have a heart of gold when you want,” she now was bawling tears of happiness.

By the time the trio walked into DiBenedetto’s Italian Eatery, Kenna had managed to stop all her crying and snotting over everything and somehow seemed to appear okay, of course she clung to Chipper like a life raft when she opened the front door. She didn’t want to face Van but he was the one that handed out the checks. “You wanna hold my hand?” Kadi offered but Kenna smiled appreciatively but rejected with a shake of her head.

“I’ll be okay,” Kenna assured her. “I’m just nervous but I’ll be okay.”

“Which one?” Chipper whispered under his breath, Kadi glanced towards the main cocktail bar and waved casually towards her coworkers.

“He’s the one in the charcoal suit,” Kadi murmured under her breath. “I’m going to grab my check, are you guys coming?”

“I’ll be over soon,” Kenna whispered breathlessly. “How opposed to shamelessly flirting in public are you, Chipper?”

“Not that opposed,” Chipper smirked at his ex-wife and obviously missed the sigh of annoyance that came from Kadi. She couldn’t help but be jealous, Kenna had one of the hottest men she’d ever seen in her life wrapped around her little finger, Kadi would kill to have that kind of power over a man.

“Good, Van’s a very jealous person by nature,” Kenna turned around and wrapped her arms around Chipper’s neck; she leaned up and pressed her forehead to his. “This should absolutely drive him inside, Kadi what’s he doing?”

“Staring, ignoring Chastity while she’s talking to him,” Kadi answered and sighed deeply. “I’m going in, it’s a recon mission. If I’m not back in ten, just go on without me.”

“You’re so dramatic,” Kenna smiled lovingly at her friend.

“Who’s the old man?” Van asked Kadi immediately as she reached for her paycheck.

“Kenna’s ex-husband, Chipper Jones, they rekindled their love—I don’t know, three months ago?” Kadi acted like she knew nothing, like she was supposed too. “Why? You recognize him or something?”

“Three months?” Van’s face went red but Kadi pretended not to notice, she had to remain dumb.