Status: Active

Putting Fun in Dysfunctional

Jail time.

“I’m still in shock, you fucked Chipper on the first date,” she smiled wildly, as if it was completely hysterical.

“You said too!” Kadi threw a piece of celery at Kenna’s face.

“I say a lot of things and when do you ever listen?” Kenna laughed under her breath for a few minutes, snorted and looked up. “You’re such a little slut. I love it.”

“Kenna fuck you, I have never done anything like this before,” Kadi stopped everything she was doing and sighed, brushing her hair back with her wrist. “I feel horrible but I don’t regret it.”

“Calm down, Fido, I was just messing with you,” Kenna held her hands out, one had her hands out, one had the knife she had been using in it, Kadi stared, weary about her holding it as she spoke because she often liked to use hand gestures. “I think you and Chipper could turn into more.”

“Do you really think so?” Kadi turned to Kenna fully and frowned staring at her. “I really like him, Kenna. I’ve never liked someone this much.”

“I think it could turn into more, the way you describe the sex,” Kenna chuckled deeply, turning back to the cutting board. “He’d be stupid not to want more.”

“I know,” Kadi giggled and turned back to her cutting board as well, she continued slicing celery to add to her soup that she was making, she was just about to add the celery but a slamming noise made her jump and turn around.

“Kenna!” Van Claude stormed through the kitchen knocking things over; Kenna looked at Kadi at the same time she looked at her. “Kenna Jones!”

“Van Claude, what’s going on?” Kenna stepped up, showing herself to Van, who looked beyond enraged.

“Come to my office,” Van Claude pointed through the kitchen. “Now, Kenna.”

“Yes sir,” Kenna murmured and wearily followed him through the kitchen, with one last look at Kadi she disappeared through the office door.

“Kadi, go listen,” one of the kitchen workers walked up to Kadi, fear in her eyes. “I’ve never told anyone this but he likes to—get physical when he’s angry. I know Kenna and he had something, it wasn’t hard to see and when he’s involved, he thinks its okay. I should know.”

“You were dating him for awhile, weren’t you?” Kadi whispered before it sunk in and she ran for the office door, she stood outside listening, her head pressed to the door.

“What the hell are you doing Van? I didn’t mean to make a mockery of you, or whatever the hell you’re taking about. I fell in love with my ex-husband, we weren’t even together when we had sex, and you had broken up with me because I was too clingy or because I worked for you and it was unprofessional, you think? Don’t touch me you fucking asshole,” Kenna screamed and Kadi could see some of the restaurant customers looking her way. “I quit you piece of shit! I—you fucking hit me…”

Kadi took no time in throwing the door open. “You son of a bitch,” she called him right before she threw her fist at her bosses face, he fell against his desk and took more then two seconds to recover before he bounced back and threw Kadi into the office door.

“Kadi!” Kenna screamed and jumped on Van’s back, she pulled on his neck as hard as she could until she was choking him and he was scratching at her arms to loosen her grip.

“Move,” Kadi had moved to help Kenna out but she was gently pushed backwards as a man ran in and pulled Kenna off Van and threw a right hook so hard to Van’s face that he fell behind the desk he had used to push himself off of. When the man turned around, Kadi was shocked to see Chipper in a nice black polo and tan kakis. “Are you okay, Kenna? Kadi, are you alright?”

“I’m okay,” Kenna whispered stumbling over to Kadi, she wrapped her arms around Kadi and pulled her out of the office.

“My head hurts,” Kadi whispered and reached behind her, she touched the nap of her neck and pulled back a big red spot on her hand. “That can’t be good…”

“Chipper! Kadi’s bleeding!” Kenna’s eyes were wide as she screamed for her ex-husband. Chipper ran out of the office and grabbed hold of Kadi’s shoulders and turned her around. “Oh god, that’s a lot of blood.”

“Hey, you, we need a towel,” Chipper pointed at one of the servers and ordered him around; thankfully the boy listened and brought back a towel quickly. “Kadi, whatever you do, don’t close your eyes or fall asleep. You just talk to me, okay?”

“Okay,” Kadi whispered looking up into Chipper’s eyes. “What are you doing here?”

“I came to see my girls,” he smiled at her, brushing back the hair that had fallen in her face. “Plus, I wanted to ask you out on another date since last night were just way to much fun not to happen again.”

“I heard, you guys should date again,” Kenna joked but when Chipper and Kadi both stared at her, she went back to looking at Kadi pitifully.

“It’s not that bad,” Kadi tried to assure Chipper but he shook his head, dismissing her.

“You could have a concussion, those are bad, Kadi,” he told her slowly, making it sink in. “Kenna, go call an ambulance and the police.”

“You’ll go to jail, Chipper,” Kenna hesitated. “Unless we say he attacked you.”

“Whatever, I don’t care just go call the damn cops Kenna!” Chipper wanted to scream at her but he knew she was just as flustered as him, though probably even more.

“I’m sorry,” Kenna stood up and ran towards the kitchen, she came back after the call and sat down beside Kadi and Chipper. “I hope he didn’t hurt the baby…”

“Oh fuck,” Chipper exclaimed at the same time Kadi said Oh God under her breath.

“Its fine, the baby is only nine weeks along, it’s fine,” Kenna didn’t know if she was saying it to ease their minds or hers.

“You have to be checked out, where did he hit you?” Chipper asked reaching over with his other hand to touch Kenna’s cheek. “I can tell here but anywhere else?”

“He pushed me against the desk but my back hit it, not my stomach,” Kenna told him glancing behind Chipper, her eyes went wide. “He’s getting up, Chipper he’s getting up!”

“Stay here, hold this,” he instructed for Kenna to hold the towel to the back of Kadi’s head.

“Chipper don’t go back in there!” Kenna shouted but he turned around and shut the office door behind him. “He’s going to kill him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment.