One Summer To Relive

Chapter 1. The "It" girl

"Bye honey, See you in August! I love you," Mrs. Del Toro said as she shut the cabin door behind her.

"Uh huh," Lauren moped.

"Oh come sweet pea, it's not that bad, you'll make new friends. You'll love it," Mr. Del Toro followed Lauren's mom out the cabin "It'll give you that break from your mother and I that you've always wanted. And besides, look at this nice cabin, Well, see you in August Darling," Mrs. and Mr. Del Toro walked to the car, got in, and drove away.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHH,!" Lauren screamed as she pushed her suitcase off the left bottom bunk of the 6 girl cabin. "I hate you! I hate you! I. Hate. YOU!," Lauren screamed as she smothered her face in the purple cotton pillow that lay on her bed.

"Whoa! what's all the commotion in her about,?" a girl's voice rang out.

"Who are you,?" Lauren weeped as she pulled her face from the pillow.

"Kathy Lausanne. I'm from Queens,"

"Fantastic, now if you don't mind. I'm going to go back to weeping hopelessly into my pillow because my parents are complete idiots," Lauren whined and shoved her face back in the pillow.

"Well ok, mind if I take the top bunk above you,?" Kathy asked politely.

"Knock yourself out," came from Lauren, muffled by the pillow.

Kathy threw her suitcase on the bunk, it shook the whole bed.

"What the hell did you just throw? A suitcase full of bricks,?" Lauren yelled.

"Know, just my stuff. I jam packed it so I wouldn't miss any of my stuff this summer," Kathy flipped her head down to Lauren's bed. "Need any help unpacking? I see your stuff is all over the floor,"

"No! I'll get it when I feel like it," Lauren snapped.

"Well ok, I'd get it before Kendra sees it, She'll flip out," Kathy said as she flipped back up to her bunk.

"Who's Kendra,?" Lauren pulled her head from the pillow "Is she like the camp leader lady,?"

"No, she's our advisor for our cabin. We're Liberty Cabin. I was here last year and I'm glad you let me have my old bed, but there are 17 other cabins," Kathy explained "We're going to have so much fun!"

"Oh you know it," Lauren said sarcastically "Are there going to be four more girls here too,?"

"Yeah, but they all later today, Camp doesn't start till tomorrow you know," Kathy laughed "It was in the brochure,"

"No, I don't know. School ended yesterday from me and my parent's decided to pack my room and sign my up without telling me and then I had to wake up and drive 4 hours to get here," Lauren cried "I wanted to go shopping on 5th avenue all summer and just relax!,"

"Ouch, that blows. We get to go shopping every week here. It's not so bad. They have a Macy's and some new stores at the Plattsburgh Mall," Kathy comforted Lauren "It' won't be so bad, they guys here are hot, some aren't but some are,"

"Well, maybe this won't be so bad," Lauren weeped.

Just then a short girl with purple hair walked through the door. She had Purple hair with neon green streaks, her left nostril was pierced. She looked like something out of a slipknot music video. She had platform shoes, that had to be atleast 7 and 1/2 inches. Her Tee shirt said Escape the Fate. She had on neon teal skinny jeans. She was something else.

"Hi! I'm Kathy, and this is Lauren. Looks like were gonna be living together for the summer," Kathy introduced.

The girl just groaned and went and sat on the bunk farthest away from theirs. Just then walked in her parents, they were tallish, her mom looked french and her dad was talking on the phone.

The girl's dad hung up the phone

"Francesca, you let's say good bye to Veronica, we have a photoshoot for Vogue to go to in Paris. Now, they may want you as a model," the dad laughed.

"Oh, well ok. Let's just make sure Veronica is settled in," the mom who's name is apparently Francesca replied with a french accent "Honey, are you ok? do you need anything,?"

"Bit me," replied Veronica.

"Veronica Lorraine Spaulding,!" the dad yelled "Don't you ever talk to your mother that way,!"

"Oh. My. God. She's. Famous!," Whispered Lauren to Kathy.

"Say your sorry," the Dad yelled.

"Sorry mom, no I don't need anything. Don't you have to go to some shoot,?"

"Yes, dear. I'll come back and visit with daddy for parents day. We both love honey," Francesca replied.

"Yes sugar cake, if you ever need anything just call me or mom on our cells, there always on and we can fly back in a matter of no time," The dad, calmed down "Cheer up, these girls over here. eerrrmm,"

"Kathy and Lauren," Kathy yipped nervously.

"Ah! Kathy and Lauren over here seem nice, but we must good darling, good bye, and please try and enjoy yourself," The dad replied as he walked out the door of the cabin.

"I love you darling," Francesca yelled back as she followed.

"Love you too," Veronica mumbled.

"OH MY GOD! YOUR VERONICA SPAULDING FROM THE WITCHCRAFT CHRONICLES! OH MY GOD" Kathy screamed.

"Yeah and my parents are Francesca and Roger Spaulding, the famous models," Veronica replied sarcastically "Any other obvious information you wanna throw out there,?"

"No! But that's amazing! Do you need help? With unpacking and stuff,?" Kathy cried in sheer excitement.

"Yeah here's some help," Veronica got off the bed and walked towards the door and put her head phones on "Don't talk to me, don't touch my stuff, and don't even try to get a loch of my hair during the night, and don't bother me. Got that? Ok we'll get along great," and Veronica disappeared out the door.