Sweet Escape

six

It seemed to me that my world needed yet another makeover. With Bayard at my side I start to twist the world in my mind trying to think up multiple ways for me to escape. Multiple random and completely insane ways to get out, I need as many ways as I can get no matter how insane they seemed. The tree that I was first introduced to falling into this world was the only thing that stayed the same everything else I had to change into something more . . . more magical. I figured that would be the easy way out, the girl in the bookstore, little Miss Victorian girl or whatever she was had powers. That had to have been how she got out of here, it seemed like a reasonable answer.

In my mind I pinch the hills pulling them up like taffy and twisting them so they sit like ice cream. The trees all start to lose their leaves and the trunks twist together cracking under the pressure, but with a single thought sound is drained from my world. All is silent as I continue to work on everything that needs improving. Suddenly I am not alone what was once hummingbirds are not fairies that flutter around to the flowers and trees that scatter the no contorted land. I pull my world from every fantasy book and movie I had ever read or seen. I brought in every type of magic from the simple things that fairies did to the evil things that pixies did to wizards and witches. My world was as balanced as it could be and suddenly teeming with people and creatures that had no idea what to do. They all just started to appear on the hill with me and Bayard as I stood there trying to control it all. All of them had no clue where they were supposed to go; slowly I started dividing the world that I had into pieces, making it so everyone knew where they were meant to go, slowly they stampeding feet faded as they left me. The hum of wings on the air was always present though as the fairies fluttered amongst themselves and the dragons moved from place to place, their home being the sky.

The sound had returned and my eyes were open. I fell to the floor and bounced a few feet up off the ground before landing perfectly again. Bayard’s twisted face is looking around quizzically. I look toward him sighing at the world I made, it is so much darker and more evil then I would have ever wanted. But I feel like this might just be the place for me to find a way out of here. I sigh deeply and squeeze my eyes shut as the ground shakes. When I open my eyes there is a huge fountain sort of thing in front of Bayard and me. The fountain is cracked and the statues that stand on it are missing noses and fingers, some only have one wing. It’s a scene of Fairies and humans meeting through a mirror. One fairy has its hand presses against the hand of a human as they stare through to each other. Worlds that are connected through a mirror, I already tried that one and got Bayard; this is my next best guess as a way through.

“What is this supposed to be?” I turn back to look at Bayard as I stand and move to sit on the side of the fountain.

“Well if I created it right or if it came out like it should’ve in my head then it’s a fountain back home. It’ll lead right into the human world if I swim far or deep enough. I’m not completely sure maybe it’ll just suck me into the world, I didn’t really get specific with it.” I shrug swinging my feet over the edge of the fountain and letting my legs sink into the black water, I expect to find a bottom but my legs slide in almost to my knees.

“I don’t know if you should be doing that.” The voice isn’t from behind me like I expect it’s the statue of the human woman her hand placed against the fairies.

“Oh you hush and let her learn for herself.” The fairy this time I glance between them, the cracks around their mouths deeper with each and every word they speak to me.

“What is it that you two are talking about?” I keep looking toward them waiting for them talk, their stone eyes rub against the sockets of their eyes as they look toward me. Stone rubbing on stone is all I can hear.

“Well little miss fun sucker there was about to let you in on a secret of ours.” Pebbles start to fall from his mouth as he talks, almost as if the pebbles are spit flying from between his stone teeth.

“Are you going to share this secret with me or should I just go into the water?” I am started to get frustrated with these stupid talking statues, they better tell me what was going on soon or they would be replaced with better looking things. Looking back at Bayard I find the mirror empty and that I am alone with these annoying things.

“Hmm I don’t think we will share, will we human?” His eyes shift to the girl; she has stone tears rolling down her cheeks with a high pitched wail she shakes her head. “Nope we won’t be sharing, enjoy the swim.” He smiles and then goes back to his original pose silent. I look toward them and then into the deep water black with its own depth. I don’t know if this is the best idea anymore, I need a test person so I know how it turns out before I use it. As I come to this conclusion I move to pull my legs out of the water, suddenly I am shoved forward into the water. I start to sink down, down, down like weights are attached to my ankles.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its been so long, i was working on a story for NaNoWriMo and i just recently finished
check out that story its called Family Life
and check out my newest story Trulie Remember.