Status: New.

Lack of Color.

Five.

Erin.

“Where are you going little brother?”
“Out”, he said avoiding looking into my eyes.
“Oh Patrick, where are you going?”
“Out, I told you”, he said making me laugh and chase him to his room.
“Where’s out?”
“The same out you and Tim tell me all the time.”
“That means there’s a girl, tell me about her.”
“Ugh, get out of my room!” he yelled throwing a pillow at me.
“Tell me here name first!” I yelled jumping on top of him making him laugh.
“Get off of me Erin!”
“Wo, what’s going on here?”

I looked back at Tim who was just laughing at his little brother screaming like a little girl. I pushed down on Pat’s arm, holding him down before answering Tim with a laugh.

“Pat’s got a date with a girl and I need to know.”
“Oooo our little Patty’s getting laid”, he said walking into the room with a laugh.
“I hate the both of you, get out!”

I reached over giving him an Indian burn before laughing with Tim at Pat yelling out in pain. I slapped Tim’s arm before walking back to my room. I lay down on my bed grabbing House of Leaves that was bent over at the page I was on.

“We’re drinking tonight at L Train’s house, are you gonna come?”
“I’ll pass”, I said looking up from my book and then looking back down.
“Why?”
“Not in the mood for puking.”
“Suite yourself baby sister!”

I said my goodbyes to Tim, before looking back at my book. I looked over at Pat walking from the bathroom back to his room, I couldn’t control my laughs. I heard a honk outside and saw Pat running down the hall excited.
“Use protection little one!”
“I hate you!”

I just laughed and continued to read my book. That’s how my night consisted of, just some alone time. Something I loved more than anything. I read my book, made myself some snacks and just lay around, stoked on relaxing. But that all ended when I heard my phone ringing, I looked over seeing Tim flashing across the screen.

“What brother?”
“Oh my favorite sister, are you busy?”
“I’m your only sister, and nope.”
“Nah, you forgot about Pat, but can you do me a favor.”
“What do you want asshole, it’s fucking 2 in the morning.”
“Can you come to L Trains house, we need a sober driver.”
“And there’s none there?”
“Nope, but I need you to take someone to the hospital.”

“Ugh, who?” I asked putting on my shoes.

“John”, he said as I stopped putting on my shoes and glared at my wall, like it was John standing there.

“Fuck it, not going.”

“Please Erin, I know he’s not your favorite person right now but I think he broke his arm. The dumbass was all drunk and tried to jump from L Train’s shed and landed on his arm.”
“Oh well.”
“Erin.”
“Ugh, fine I’ll be there right now.”

I placed my phone in my pocket before pulling lacing up my vans and walking out of my room. I grabbed my keys on the counter and drove off to L Train’s house, really annoyed. Once I got there, I walked through everyone and saw John sitting on the couch, blood all over his white v neck and a bag of peas on his arm. I rolled my eyes before the guys helped him to my car. They strapped him in, all laughing at John saying random shit, obviously fucked up.

“Good luck”, Jared said hitting my shoulder.
“I fucking hate you all, especially you ginger.”

He just laughed before they walked back in the house. I got in the car, starting the engine. I looked over at John, who just held on to his hand, blood gushing out.

“You’re a fucking idiot”, I said driving off, and looking over at him to make sure he was awake. “Are you trying to fucking kill yourself?!”

“I thought I could fly.”

“You can’t fucking fly, you might have the nose like a bird but you don’t have the wings.”

He just stood still, leaning his head back. Groaning in pain every other minute. We finally got to the hospital; I pulled him out of the car, careful not to tug at his arm. We walked to the emergency room, John sitting on the chair looking complete out of it. I walked to the desk, signing him in before standing there waiting.

“John O’Callaghan.”

I looked over at John who stood up, still holding on to his hand. The blood covering his shirt freaking out the little kids playing with the toys on the floor. I followed them, making sure John didn’t fall and break his other hand.

“You can come in ms and make sure your boyfriends okay.”
“I’m not his-“
“Are you coming?” he asked holding on to John.

I nodded my head, walking with them into a small little area. The beds a lined up with just curtains separating them. I watched as the nurse brought John to an empty bed and took a look at his arm. I looked away, blood always made me queasy. I heard John yell out in pain, making me giggle at how much of a little bitch he sounded.

“You must be enjoying this?”
“Kind of”, I said looking over at him with a laugh as the doctor came back.
“Seems like you have a small fracture in your wrist, we’re just going to have to put you in a small cast so that the fracture could mend itself.”
“Alright doc”, John said kicking his leg up.
“And you have a pretty deep cut on your arm; you’re going to need a few stitches.”
“Seriously?”
“Seriously”, he said nodding his head.

I just giggled even more seeing how pissed off John was as they set everything up for the stitches. I watched as they placed the needle into his skin, making John scream out in pain. I looked down at his other hand, which he had clutched down on the sheets. I reached over taking his hand into mine; he looked back at me confused before gripping down on my hand in pain.

“Come on crippled.”
“Shut up”, he said getting into my car awkwardly with that thing on his wrist.
“You’re like special now.”
“I think I look sexy.”
“Whatever you say John.”

He just laughed as I continued to drive off with the sounds of Death Cab playing in the background. I sang along softly as did John. I got to his house; he looked back at me with a smile.

“Thank you.”
“I only did it because my brother asked me.”
“Whatever the reason is, thank you.”
“You’re welcome, now get the fuck out of my car”, I said with a smirk.
“Goodnight.”

I didn’t say anything as he got out of the car, hopping along to his house. I laughed to myself seeing him struggle to open the door. I drove back home and lay in my bed, not able to sleep. The only though it my head was John, for some odd reason.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? (:
All i ask for, just let me know what you think of the story.