Joey Armstrongs little scam...

Life's a living Hell

Jakob ended up falling asleep on the couch next to me while we were watching The ring. I didn’t find it scary but Jakob did, he hid his face the whole time under a pillow, which I believed caused him to fall asleep. This place wasn’t bad at all, there’s lots of room and space, and it made me feel comfortable and safe for some odd reason, except for Joey. Joey scared me, every time I would glance at him he’d ask ‘what the fuck are you looking at?’ with a death glare. I still don’t understand what I did wrong. I shook my thoughts of joey’s hatred away and turned everything off; everyone seemed to have gone to bed already.

As I got up off the couch Jakob fell over and face planted the pillow while snoring a bit. He was so adorable, he kept telling me how I was gunna be his best friend for life, and he said he never wanted me to leave. I smiled to myself and wondered if I should pick him up and put him in his bed, then again im not that strong, but he couldn’t weigh that much right? I slid on hand under his shoulders and under his legs to hoist him up, soon setting him down, I was wrong he’s pretty heavy. “Don’t touch my brother” I shot my hands in the air and turned around to see joey by the stairs.

“Why not? And why are you so rude to me?” I shot back putting my hands on my hips. He walked up to where I was standing and put his face in mine.

“One because he’s not your brother, and two I don’t fucking like you if you haven’t noticed” he pushed me out of the way which caused me to fall on my ass. He picked Jakob up and looked down at me. “Your fucking pathetic you know that?” I felt my body fill with guilt after he had said that it brought back a memory.

*Flashback two years ago*

“Dad im sorry, I couldn’t do it this time!” I yelled through my tears.

“Don’t give me that sorry crap you know you did it on purpose! You fuckin lost me money!” he grabbed at my neck and then threw me down to the ground grunting.

“Im sorry, I really am” I looked down and tried to catch my breath, I didn’t want to say the wrong thing to make him mad.

“Whatever, you’re fucking pathetic like your mother and that’s why I had to kill her” he came down to my face level and I smelled the hard liquor he had been drinking. “I had to kill her because she was ashamed of having you, you fucking accident” then he slammed my head against the wood floor, making me black out.

*end of flashback*

When I broke thoughts I was alone in the dark, gasping for air. That’s not the worst memory I’ve had about him, one time I couldn’t breath at all, Tracie had called the paramedics for help. Conner had done something to bring it up but I couldn’t remember what it was. After I caught my breath I went upstairs to my new bedroom, I had a feeling tomorrow would be a really long day.

*next day*

“Ashley, Ashley, Ashley!!” I woke up from Jakob bouncing on my bed, and then I see Billie running in after him.

“Jakob I told you to leave her alone!” then he looked up at my tired face. “Sorry, he drank all of my coffee when I was on the phone” I laughed lightly and sat up.

“That’s ok; I should probably get up anyways”

“ASHLEY?!!?!?” I flinched at the pitch of Jakob’s scream. Billie slapped his arm to get his attention.

“Stop yelling or you’ll spend all day in your room” Jakob just laughed and walked out of the room as if nothing had happened. “I’ll let you freshen up and then maybe well head over to mikes?” I nodded and he smiled at me. His smile is so cute, no wonder Adrienne loves him. He walked out and closed the door behind him, only seconds later he reopened it. “Pancakes or waffles?”

“Waffles please!” I said with excitement he smiled and closed the door again. I got up and heard yelling through my door.

“Dad, Jakobs drinking out of the coffee pot!”

“JAKOB!” I giggled to myself and got dressed soon heading down stairs for waffles.

*Breakfast*

At the table Jakob sat next to me of course, Billie on the end and Joey on my end, staring at me. “Where’s Adrienne?” I asked curious. Billie set the syrup on the table and then sat down looking at me.

“She went to the hospital, one of her friends is having a baby” I nodded in response. I took another bite of waffles and felt something on my leg, I looked over to my right and saw Joey look up at me and smirk quickly. I looked away feeling scared should I say something. I looked at joey and opened my mouth to say something, but he glared at me and I felt a pinch of pain, making me jump and hit the table with my knee. “You okay?” I looked away from joey and then at Billie, thinking of a lie.

“Yeah, I moved my chair and accidentally set it on my foot…” I lied.

“Oh, well the day before you came home, Jakob here was so excited he fell backwards off of his chair”
“Did not”

“Did too, if your done go get ready to go to Jay Jay’s” Jakob set his fork down and ran off somewhere. Billie picked up his and Jakobs plate and got up from the table. “Do you guys wanna come with me to drop Jakob off or wait here until I get back?”

“I think Ashley and I should stay here so we can get to know each other better” I shot my head up at joey who gave me this evil smile. It gave me chills; I felt I had no choice but to stay. If I didn’t I had a bad feeling if I did I still have a bad feeling.

Billie turned around with the biggest smile I’ve seen on his face. “Hey that’s a great idea! I’m glad you’re warming up to your sister!” joey nodded with a smile on his face, but not the creepy one he gave me, one like his dads smile.

“I know me too! I think having a sister is the best idea in the world!” I furrowed my eyebrows at him. Last night he completely hated me, and now there’s a mister nice guy?

“Great, well me and Jakob are off, have fun, call if you need anything” as if on cue Jakob came downstairs with a bag on his back ready to go to his friends. “Come on buddy”

“Wait!” Jacob ran up to me and hugged my waist tightly. “I love you sissy” I petted his hair and hugged him back.

“Love you too Jakob” he let go he waved goodbye as did Billie and joey closed the door. As I watched them drive away my heart pounded faster, why did joey touch my leg under the table? Questions flooded my mind and I started to freak myself out. Ashley your fine, just don’t freak out. What if something happens? I don’t have Billie’s number. I let go of my breath that I didn’t realize I was holding and turned away to walk upstairs, only to bump into joey. I cleared my throat. “So, get to know each other better huh?” all he did was glare down at me. I tried to walk past him but he grabbed my arm and pushed me up against a wall. “What are you doing?” I asked panicked.

“You’re not a part of this family! You never will be and you’re never going to be!” he slammed me harder against the wall and repositioned his hands around my neck squeezing lightly.

“Joey, stop, please!” it seems he squeezed harder and then released his grip, me gasping for air.

“Will you do whatever I want?”

“What?” I questioned quickly.

“Will you do whatever I want?” he asked again more clearly and stern.

“What, no!” he gripped my neck again. Each second he gripped harder cutting of my wind pipe. My tiny hands were on top of his trying to pry them off. I nodded quickly since I couldn’t talk, he released and I dropped to my knees taking deep quick breaths. Joey kneeled down next to me and grabbed a handful of my thick auburn hair.

“If you tell anyone about this, I will make sure you never breathe again, am I clear?”

“Y-yes…” I shuddered. He let go of me and walked up stairs like nothing had just happened. I was shocked, I never thought he would do that, and then again no one ever would expect it. Now I’m trapped.

*half an hour later*

I was sitting on the couch when Billie Joe came home and joey was in his room. He didn’t come down here after that threat; I think he made his point. I felt Billie plop on the couch next to me and he sighed. “Hey, whatcha watching?” I honestly didn’t know what I was watching, I was more focused on me almost passing out. I picked the remote up and clicked ‘select’ the TV title said we were watching Viva La Bam. Billie nodded and after five minutes of awkward silence he spoke. “How did you and joey get along?” I froze and felt a lump in my throat, how did we get along? Well he chocked me to death.

“Uhm, great”

“What did you guys do?” fuck. Really? Now what am I supposed to say?

“We talked about her life” we both turned around to see joey watching, probably to make sure I don’t say a word about earlier.

“Well, im glad you two became closer. Let’s head over to mikes, I heard he bought pizza” Billie jumped off of the couch and grabbed his keys, me and joey following behind, me very closely to Billie. Now about the seating arrangements. I grabbed the passenger door handle but before I could open it joey whispered to me.

“Your gunna sit back here with me” my mouth dropped slightly but I should have seen it coming. Joey made me sit behind his dad, because he can’t see behind himself if joey was to do something. About ten minutes into the drive joeys hand rested on my right thigh. I cleared my throat.

“So Billie what are Mike and Tre’ like?” Joey snatched his hand back to himself and looked out his window. I slightly smiled to myself.

“Well, Tre’ is a nut job and Mike…He’s… just as bad” he said with a chuckle. His chuckle made me giggle and my heart beat faster than normal. His smile and eyes are breath taking. No, what was I saying… He’s now your foster father, fucking snap out of it! He has a beautiful wife and they love each other, stay out of it! I sighed to myself as we arrived at mikes. His house was just as big as Billie’s.

As we approached the door it opened. “Welcome to De casa of Mike!” he walked out and hugged Billie, then joey and stopped in front of me. “Billie, who’s this?”

“Mike, I want you to meet, Ashley my daughter” My heart jolted as he said ‘my daughter’ I felt special, loved, like I did before anything ever happened to me or my mom.

“Nice to meet you little lady, care to join my pizza party?” I giggled at his silliness and walked in after joey and Billie did. “Sit on the couch and I’ll get you a slice and something to drink, what would you like?”

“Have any root beer? It’s my favorite” I smiled.

“Hey Billie her favorite soda is root beer to, she really is your daughter!” I heard Billie shout awesome as mike walked out of the room and joey sat next to me letting out a sigh.

“That stunt you just pulled in the car is gunna cost ya” he sat back and drank his Dr. Pepper, not saying another word.

“Here’s your root beer and pizza” I looked up at who wasn’t mike, but im guessing tre’? I thanked him and took the food and drink. “Im Tre’ but you can call me Mr. Sexy pants” then he winked making me giggle.

“Tre’, stop hitting on my daughter and get in here we have to rehearse for the show in LA”

“Fine!” Tre’ winked at me again and walked out of the room. I heard them start to play and I could feel the ground shake from the other room. They also sounded great.

“Ya’ know they play for hours at a time” I looked up at joey he had a sick smile on his innocent face.

“I think I’ll go watch them” before I could get up he grabbed my arm, twisted it behind my back and laid on top of me. He looked down at my chest and then back up to my face. “There in the other room and I could scream” I threateningly whispered. He grabbed my face with force and glared into my blue eyes.

“I fucking dare you” he whispered back. My heart thudded so hard I swear it was going to jump out of my chest. Joey released my face and sat up, but he jumped back on me and kissed me. I tried to push him off but he bit my lip, causing me to yelp. He shot up and acted like he knew nothing of what just happened when Billie Mike and Tre’ came running in the room.

“What’s wrong?” Billie panicked, looking at me manly. I looked at joey; I had to think of another lie or im dead.

“Instead of biting the pizza I bit my lip” Billie’s face fled with relief.

“But you didn’t take a bite of your pizza” Tre’ said picking up the plate with the food on it. Billie’s faced turned questioning a bit.

“Uhm, that’s because Joey and I were imitating what Tre’ would look like if he was a horse eating pizza” Joey laughed a bit and so did mike. I sighed in relief as Billie’s face softened.

“Just be careful next time, being Tre’ could be dangerous” we all laughed and sat together the rest of the time we were there, making me feel really comfortable. I wasn’t alone with joey at all. By the time we arrived home, I went straight to bed, with my eyes half closed. Jacob and Adrienne still haven’t come home; it was still just me Billie and Joey, and I was scared. I was afraid that Joey would come in at the middle of the night when Billie was asleep and do something. Drowning myself in my thoughts, I finally fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
The last part kinda sucks. :\
Comments?
:D