Eternal Dusk

Lucky Guess

To Edward's disliking, Bella started spending a lot more time with Artemis. Her aura around her made him nervous. No one noticed Artemis' sly glances towards him, or how he couldn't listen in on her mind. Edward was always on edge when she was around, expecting her to hurt Bella in some way.

Edward knew that Bella was keeping a secret from him about Artemis, something even more to his disliking. He had the impression that Artemis was had some kind of influence over Bella. Edward knew Bella was a magnet for everything dangerous, and Artemis fell into that category.

Edward stood near the window of Bella's room as she sat crossed legged on her bed. His face was contorted into a grimace.

"Edward, I'm not the mind reader here. You have to tell me what's going on," Bella noticed his skewed face.

A short silence took place as Edward placed together his words. "There's something not human about Artemis. And it's very unlikely for you to be so intrigued with a person that is human."

"It's not my secret to tell, Edward," Bella explained. She then smiled mischievously. "It's killing you that you can't just listen in on my mind and find out, huh?"

He gave Bella a small smile and leaned down to her, kissing her forehead.

***

The doorbell chimed throughout Bella's house and her conversational argument with her other guest was cut off short. Bella opened the door, her face flushed.

"Artemis?" Bella was suddenly confused. Too many things were happening around her that she felt a bit overwhelmed.

"Hey Bella. I was just walking my dog, Pan," she gestured to her wolf-like dog. "I saw your truck and thought I should say hi."

Bella eyed Pan, furrowing her eyebrows. "Are you sure he's not a wolf?"

"Nope," Artemis emphasized the pop of the 'p'.

"Bella, who's at the door?"

A tall man curious guy came up behind Bella. Artemis noticed that the only clothing he had on were pants that were torn.

"And who might you be?" the guy questioned looking at Artemis coldly.

"I'm Artemis. And you are?" she asked back with a chill in her voice.

"Jacob."

The three of them didn't notice any movement until Jacob looked at his hand. During the frosty introduction, Pan decided to sniff at Jacob curiously. Jacob unconsciously took a step away from Pan. The sudden movement caused Pan to jump right on top of Jacob knocking him to the floor.

"Pan! Down boy!"

"No! Stop licking me you crazy dog!"

Artemis tugged lightly on Pan's leash. "Come here, Pan."

"It seems like you got a new member for the pack," Bella laughed at him as he got up and started wiping the drool off this face.

Pan went back to his master's side wagging his tail. Pan gave Jacob a wolf-like grin with his tongue lolled out to the side.

Bella laughed again. "That looks like you Jake!"

"Not in a million years." Jacob eyed Pan, his eyes focusing on the collar. "What's that thing on his collar next to his name tag?"

"It's a... charm," Artemis answered stiffly.

"A charm?" Jacob raised his eyebrows and laughed jokingly. "Are you like a witch or something?"

Bella glanced at Artemis who looked back at her. Jacob caught the short awkward silence and groaned.

"Another non-human, Bella? Let me guess. Pan is a demon dog from hell and now I'll turn into her slave because of all the demon slobber I got on me."

"He's not a demon dog," retorted Artemis, "And I am human. Just because I have magic doesn't mean I'm not. So what are you then?"

Jacob stood up straight and said proudly, "Werewolf."

"Now I understand the half naked thing," Artemis muttered to herself.

"Yeah, well I got to get going. He's waiting. See you, Bells," he turned to Artemis, "See you later, witch." He patted Pan on his head and left out the door. In a flash, Edward was in the room.

"You're a witch?" Edward's face was like a stone and his lips were in a thin line.

Artemis drew up a mocking smile. "Well, hello to you too, vampire."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well hello again. =] I never thought having all music classes for college could be so hard. Especially if I have to make songs on computers using this really hard program. xD

Comments page is looking a bit lonely... But thank you to my 9clouds subscribers!