Eternal Dusk

Switzerland

"When did you know I was a vampire?" Edward asked. He hated being mocked and here was someone who didn't hold back their taunts, despite him being a vampire.

Artemis silenced Pan's growls and smiled to Edward. "Oh, I've been knowing since I saw you, along with Alice too. "

"Witch, are you even human?" If he had fangs - like in normal vampire novels - it would have been gleaming at Artemis.

Artemis stiffened at that question, but answered hotly. "I'm as human as Bella, just more in touch with natural energies. I have a name, Edward. I would like you to use it."

Less than a split second, Edward disappeared out of Bella's sight and reappeared frozen stiff on the wall as if his body was nailed to it.

"Stop it! Don't hurt each other! This is Switzerland! Switzerland!"

Artemis took her glaze off of Edward to give Bella an odd look. "Bella, I'm very certain we're not in Switzerland."

"I-I mean... this is neutral territory for all... um... supernatural beings...?" Bella fumbled with her words blushing from having to explain her thought process.

"Let me go!" growled Edward from the wall.

Artemis swayed over to Edward who was still frozen against the wall. "Thank you for attacking me. It made me realize that I need to brush up on my magic. If I was just even a tad late, you would be cleaning up my blood on the floor."

Bella noticed the smell of Artemis' blood filling the room. She looked over her witch friend to see the wound right below her collar bone. The blood slid down Artemis' pale skin tainting the her shirt. Bella could feel herself become nauseous by the metallic scent.

Artemis raised her hand over her wound and a small glow of light emitted from her hand, healing it. The blood stains still visible. She turned to face Bella frowning. "I'm sorry for making such a mess here. It wasn't my intentions at all. I hope we can still talk to each other, Bella. Come on Pan, we over stayed our welcome."

Before Bella even got to speak, Artemis and her pet were out of the house and Edward was out of his invisible ropes.

Artemis walked into her house quietly, taking off Pan's leash. Just as she was making her way up the stairs her grandmother called to her from the living room.

"How did you get injured?" Nothing was unseen from her. Artemis wished that today was when her grandmother would turn a blind eye.

Artemis came back down the stairs and into the living room where her grandmother sat reading a tattered book with leather bindings. Her grandmother was like the book personified. She was old and looked worn out by life and everything that it threw at her. Her tired, dark brown eyes were covered by her half-moon spectacles that scanned the knowledge in the book.

"I think you know the answer to that question already, Hestia." Artemis always called her grandmother by her first name. Hestia told her that she didn't want to seem too old, even if she was turning seventy-four that year.

Hestia slowly turned the fragile page almost afraid that she would rip it. "Don't draw too much attention to yourself. That vampire coven might think you're a threat. Seven vampires against two witches is hardly fair."

"We can take them on, Gran." Artemis smirked at her grandmother knowing she irked Hestia.

"That's not what it looks like to me," Hestia pointed out to Artemis' bloody shirt. Artemis grumbled and rolled her eyes, walking back up stairs.

Too bad they already see me as a threat.
♠ ♠ ♠
More magic action! Yay! I rewrote this chapter like... 2 times because I thought it was moving too fast. I'm not fond of fillers, so hopefully none of the chapters in this story will be one.

Thank you to my 12 subscribers! And thank you to THE_MoJo and rubi67 for commenting for the last chapter! =]