Status: Will be working on it from time to time

Untitled

Chapter Three

Chapter Three
Storm was fast, well fast for her height. He had never seen a woman move so fast in a fight. Her long limps were a part of her, well maybe an extension of her. She used them to her advantage. She was about a couple of inches shorter than him, but she held herself. Her hits were strong and it felt like if she wanted to break a bone or something else she would and could. Scar smirked and lashed out at her. His right hand shot out and went for her face, she dodged it, and then his left came around and caught the right side of her face. She didn’t cry out of suck in air through her teeth. It was like she didn’t feel it at all.
“Is that all you got? It felt like my little sister hit me.” She taunted. He looked at her through narrow eyes and went at her. His right leg came up and hit her in the side. Her eyes squinted a little and he smirked at the reaction. Hurts doesn’t it? He said to himself.
“Looks like that one hurt.” He said.
Storm chuckled and shook her head. “Nope. Didn’t hurt one bit. Got anymore?” She countered.
“Yeah, got a whole lot for you.” Scar promised her. Her cheeks came up out of her mask and Scar knew she was smiling at him; her eyes sparkled with an inner joke. Storm came up close and hit him with a couple of fast punches. His left hand shot out to hit her in the face again, but missed and clipped her shoulder. He heard a low moan come from her. Scar looked her in the face and saw the tips of her cheeks were red. She’s getting off on this?! Scar growled in his head.
“Getting off on this huh?” He joked. Storm shrugged her shoulder and went at him. She caught his right side, then came up and kicked the side of his knee. When he spun on his foot with a roundhouse kick she ducked and spun low to the ground and knocked him off his feet. She straddled him and held him in a position where he couldn’t move. She had one hand on his throat; Scar had one hand in her hair. The strands were soft and silky. The pad of her hand was soft and smooth, just like a woman’s hands were suppose to be.
“Now we know whose going to win, so why don’t we just stop this?” She whispered. Scar chuckled and threw her off him. She was a little disoriented from being thrown off him. So he went at her with a couple of punches. One caught her face again and the other caught her body. Her soft moans filled his ears. His skin prickled when the sound met his ears. Scar stopped before he really hurt her. Storm got to her feet and stared at him, with pure laughter in her light blue eyes. She went at Scar with fast hits, when her punches didn’t touch him, she kicked. She sent him back until he hit the wall.
Storm stopped and put her soft hands on his chest and took a deep breath. “I wonder who’s going to win this.” She breathed; he chuckled and shook his head.
“You will, this time.” He said and kissed her cheek. He gently pushed away from her and went back through the make-shift locker room.

Jazlynn hadn’t noticed the crowd go quiet, when she turned around to look at the mob of people, they never did get quiet. She had just blocked them out. You will, this time. His voice whispered in her head. Jaz put her hand up to her cheek and still felt where his lips had been. She felt something brush the back of her thighs. She turned and found it to be her hair. It must have come out when he had his hand in my hair. She thought.
“Well folks! Looks like our sweet Scar has let Storm win this round. But who will win it next time?” The announcer shouted. The crowd roared with excitement. Jazlynn’s body shook with the same excitement the crowd had, she turned on her heel and went back into the room for fighters. The fighters that were in there before weren’t there now, which was good. Jazlynn went to the locker her sweater was in and took it. She walked out of the room into the sea of people already wanting the next fight. Even though he left early, it was still amazing, the one man that I so wanted to meet in life, I fought him. What an even bigger rush. She said to herself.
Jazlynn walked to the back of the large room while putting on her hoodie. Jayden was already by Spike, which was good. Jayden had a big smile on his face. Jaz shook her head. I didn’t even win fairly. She growled in her head. She took off her mask the moment she had the hood up over her head.
“What are you all smiley about?” She spat. Jayden put his hands up in defeat.
“Hey, a man can’t smile when his student practically kicked her idols ass?” He said. She couldn’t help but smirk. Jaz shook her head and grabbed Spike’s chain. He jumped up and licked her hand. She smiled down at him and squatted down in front of him.
“Hello my baby! How are you?” She talked to him in a baby voice. He barked and licked her face, with his short tail wagging.
“I bet my baby wants to go home.” She squealed. Jayden shook his head and put his face in his right hand.
“What the hell is up your ass?” Jazlynn asked as she stood back up on her feet. Jayden shrugged and started to walk toward the door they had come out of. They retraced their steps and made it back to the surface. They walked back to the car and Jaz put Spike in the back and he laid down and fell fast asleep. She looked up at the sky and saw a little hint of the sun coming up. She didn’t even know they had been there that long.
“How long have we been here?” Jazlynn asked Jayden as they both got in the car. He shrugged.
“I don’t know. While you and your boyfriend were fighting, you two took a couple of long pauses to stare at each other. But it never really fazed the rest of the crowd. And you two took a while to even start fighting. So I’d say about a couple of hours.” He explained. Jaz nodded and looked out the window.
“Oh, here. Someone’s been calling non-stop.” He said as he handed Jazlynn her phone. She looked at him with a confused stare. She opened her phone and found a lot of miss calls and a text message. She read the text messages first and found out it was Robert from the party earlier. How the hell did he get my number? She asked herself. Then she remembered how she told him to ask Mike for her number. God Damnit JAZ!! Why must you be so nice? Why can’t you be a hard ass like Jayden? She yelled at herself. She shook her head and deleted all the missed calls and closed her phone.
Jazlynn turned back toward the window and watched as the projects melted away into 42st. Jayden always went this way, he knew she loved the lights and she did. All of a sudden her face starts to feel hot. She sat up and looked in the little mirror he had in his glove compartment for her. She turned on the light in the car and found a big bruise on the side of her face. Jazlynn started to smile.
“What are you smiling about?” Jayden asked driving down Jazlynn’s street.
“I have a bruise from Scar!” She squealed. Jayden looked at her from the corner of his eye and shook his head.
“Women.” He said rolling his eyes. Jaz’s hand shot out and she hit his arm. He chuckled and stopped the car in front of her building.
“Well here you go. Go straight upstairs and take a nice hot bath. And eat something for a change.” He told her.
She saluted him with a wink and said, “Yes father.” He looked at her with pure horror.
“Don’t ever call me that. I’m not ready.” He admitted. She laughed and shook her head.
“You will be one day.” And she got out of the car, taking spike with her. Jayden honked the horn, and then drove away. Jazlynn looked around on the street to see if there were still any stores still open. There was one, it was at the corner, it was a 24-hour store. She smirked and walked toward it with Spike by her side.
“Okay, sit.” She told Spike. He did as he was told and sat. Jazlynn tied the chain to a nearby pole.
“Mommy, will be right out.” She told him. Jaz walked into the store and went straight to the back of it and got herself a liter of soda and juice, and then she searched for a couple bags of chips. Finally she made her way up to the counter. There wasn’t really anybody in the store.
“Hey, Jay. What’s up?” The clerk asked. She smiled and put her stuff on the counter and thought about getting a sandwich.
“Nothing much, Zeek. Umm, let me get a turkey, cheese, tomatoes, onions and everything else sandwich.” She told him. He chuckled and nodded. Zeek walked over to where they made the sandwiches and got her the biggest bread like always. He knew she could eat her weight in about anything that was edible.
“Spike outside?” He asked.
“Yeah, want me to get him?” She questioned.
“Yeah I got a little treat for him.” Zeek said. Jaz shook her head and went outside to get Spike. He jumped up from laying down on the floor and wagged his short tail. She smiled at him and untied his chain and walked back inside with him. Jazlynn undid his chain and Spike went straight to Zeek.
“See he wouldn’t be doing that if you didn’t spoil him.” Jaz told him. Zeek chuckled.
“I have no idea what you are talking about.” He said as he took out a day old stick of salami and gave it to Spike. Jaz chuckled and shook her head again.
“You’re unbelievable.” She said. Zeek chuckled again and started to make her sandwich.
“You want it toasted?” He asked her.
“You know me all too well. Yeah, toasted please.” She told him.
“For a fighter you’re too polite. Most of the ones that come in here are complete assholes.” He explained. She shrugged and walked back toward the chips and munchies.
“Yeah well, I know if I was to be an asshole to you you’ll spit in my sandwiches, and you know how much I love your sandwiches.” She countered. Zeek broke out laughing as he sliced the meat and cheese for her sandwich.
“You’re so right! See we need to hang out more.” He said. She giggled and grabbed another bag of chips and a couple of Oreos. Jazlynn walked back to the counter and put the stuff on the counter. Spike came over and sat at her feet. Zeek came over to the counter and looked at all the crap she picked and shook her head.
Zeek was cute, but in a nerdy type of way. He wore these thick black square glasses that brought out his light green eyes. His hair was normally in braids, but it was long, about the same length as hers. His teeth were straight, his smile was cute. His nose was a little big for his face, but it seemed to tie all together. He had pimples on parts of his face, he was in his late twenties and he had acne. Zeek wasn’t really athletic but give him a basketball and he’ll kick your ass without even having to touch the damn thing. He was a sweetheart, even though sometimes he tried a couple of times to make passes at Jaz. She didn’t hate him for that though. She was taller than him too, and she had respect for him coming up to him and talking to her first. Normally it would be Jaz who spoke to people first when she needed to. But with Zeek, it was all him.
When she first moved here, he would deliver the things she wanted. He would hang out with her and Jayden; at times he would stitch her up when she had the really bad cuts. He had worked at a hospital as a surgeon. When she needed him, he was there. There were times when the store would be closed for days because he was in her house taking care of her, when Jayden couldn’t. He was like a golden retriever. She grew to love him. Okay, so Jayden isn’t the only family I have. I’ve got Zeek too. She told herself.
“Zeek, tell me again, why you didn’t stay a surgeon? I mean store life seems to be fucking awesome but, do you know how much money you could be making now as a surgeon.” She told him.
“Yeah, I would have a lot of money. But that’s not what I want.” He told her. This was a completely different answer then the others. Whoa. What happened to ‘Yeah, but I wouldn’t be able to see your sexy self anymore.’? She asked herself.
“Well what do you want?” Jazlynn asked leaning against the counter. He looked thoughtful for the first time since she met him.
“I want to stay here. Yeah I don’t make a lot of money, but I make enough to keep myself happy.” He told her. She nodded. Jaz just stared at him, he looked up and met her light blue eyes and smiled. It was loving and just Zeek. Jaz smiled back.
“I’ve thought about going back to being a surgeon. Way before I met you.” He announced. She looked at him surprised.
“Really? Then why are you still here?” Jazlynn asked.
“I just had a feeling that I should stay here. And then a couple of days later a rather cute but freakishly tall little teenager with light blue eyes and long dark hair came into my store asking for some bubble gum with a gash in the side of her stomach like nothing was wrong.” He said. Jazlynn smiled softly at the memory. She had gotten into a fight before she came into the store. It was a group of girls she went to school with. Jazlynn had talked back to the group leader and smacked her. So they followed her after school and beat her. Then let her walk for a couple of blocks before they beat her again and cut her. She hadn’t felt anything they did to her. She didn’t fight back because Jayden told her not to fight useless battles. But when she found her way to the store and had the craving for bubble gum. No one noticed, no one even seemed to care. But Zeek did. He always did.
She walked into the store and asked for gum. He looked her over and was completely surprised. He looked around and asked if anybody knew Jaz. No one pay attention. So he told everyone to get out and he closed the store. He told Jaz that it was the first time the store had ever been closed. It was a 24/7 store and he closed it for her. He closed up shop and took her toward the back of it to a room where she could lay down in.
“Do you have anyone that takes care of you?” He asked her. She nodded and took out her cell phone and gave it to him. He opened it up and looked through her contacts to only find one person listed, Jayden. He called Jayden and told him where Jaz was to be found and how he found her. In the meanwhile Zeek stitched Jazlynn up and gave her a sandwich and a bottle of Gatorade free of charge. Minutes later Jayden came in through the front door of the store and came storming into the room where Zeek kept Jaz.
“What the fuck Jaz!” He growled. She shot up from the bed and cringed when she left the stitches scratch against the bandage Zeek put around her.
“Look man, she came in like this. She told me that a group of girls did this to her.” Zeek explained to Jayden. Jayden’s glare shot from Jazlynn to Zeek, then back to Jaz. His gaze cooled and he sighed.
“Why didn’t you kick their asses?” He asked Jaz as he sat down next to her on the bed.
“Because you told me not to fight useless fights.” She told him. He chuckled.
“My same exact words.” He said. Jaz smiled up at him. Jayden got up and picked her up and held her in his arms.
“Come on, let’s get you home.” He looked at Zeek and nodded. “Thank you for taking care of her.”
“No problem man.” Zeek told him. “Just looking out for the young and the pretty.” Jayden chuckled and walked out the store with Jaz in his arms.
“Young and the pretty.” Jazlynn smiled at the quote. Zeek smirked and walked over to the oven where her sandwich was. He took it out and wrapped it up. He walked back and added everything up.
“That will be fifteen thirty.” He told her. She nodded and took off her left shoe. Jazlynn took out a twenty and gave it to him. He looked at her like she was crazy, but he took the bill anyway.
“Why?” He asked sniffing the bill.
“Oh please! I’m cleaner than all the other fighters around here.” She said. Zeek smirked and gave her her change. She smiled and put it in her sweater. He looked up and looked at her face for what felt like the first time since she’s been there.
“What the hell happened to your pretty face?” He asked. Jazlynn beamed. He cocked a brow and looked at her with plain confusion.
“Are you going to tell me?” He asked again. Jazlynn nodded.
“I got punched in the face by Scar!” She squealed. Zeek looked at her like she had gone crazy.
“And you’re proud about that!” He hissed. She smiled and nodded. Zeek shook his head and sighed.
“Women. You bitch when you get hit. And sometimes you want to be hit.” He shook his head and took his glasses off to clean them. Jazlynn laughed and took the bag with all her stuff.
“Thanks Zeek. Come up and chill sometime. I’m always home during the day,” she said as she hooked up Spike to his chain. Jazlynn thought for a second then said, “If I’m not sleeping.” Zeek burst out laughing.
“What’s so funny?” She asked. Zeek shook his head.
“Nothing. Go home and get some rest.” He told her. Jaz smiled and nodded. Jazlynn and Spike both walked out of the store and walked back down the block toward their building.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you like it ^__^