Misery Loves It's Company

Ricky

“Hey. It’s me Bella.”

“Bella? I haven’t talked to you in a long time.”

“I know, Ricky. That’s why I’m calling. I want to talk to you.”

“Okay,” he said.

“My boyfriend, you know Pete?”

“Yeah, we’ve met once or twice.”

“Well his sister just died, yesterday.”

“Oh man that is horrible,” he said sadly.

“It just made me think about you and me. I mean we’re close and I would be completely crushed if you died.”

“I don’t really want to talk about that,” he said sounding a bit uncomfortable which I could understand.

“I’m sorry, I just feel really bad because it’s hard to comfort him.”

“Bella, you don’t have to have someone you know die to be able to comfort him. Your love for him helps. It’s what he needs most right now.”

“Yeah you’re right,” I said smiling.

“Have I ever been wrong?” he asked sarcastically.

“Oh where to begin,” I said and laughed.

“Goodbye Bella,” he said.

“Ah Ricky, I want to talk more.”

“I have to go. It is late and I have work tomorrow.”

“Ok, I’m sorry. But don’t be a stranger. I want to talk to you more.”

“I couldn’t agree with you more. I love you.”

“I love you too,” I said.

“Bye Isabella.”

I sighed. I hated when he called me by my full name. “Bye Ricardo.”

“You know I actually prefer Ricardo over Ricky. It sounds more sophisticated. I use that name in work. Could you call me that from now on?”

“Bye,” I said smiling to myself.

“Ciao,” He said and hung up. Yes Ricardo is Italian. As am I. Ricardo is my brother. He is 4 years older than me but I am more mature if I do say so myself. I think most of the Italian genes went to my brother because he has a beautiful accent and can speak it fluently, and he looks completely Italian. I on the other hand not so much, which is weird because both of my parents and my grandparents and their grandparents, and so on, are Italian. If you were to look at me on the side of the street you would never even think I was Italian. The way I look at it, I have lived in New York so long that the Italian has been stripped out of me and I am now a New Yorker. But I know in my heart that I am a true Italian and nothing can change that. I can on the other hand speak Italian fluently and my accent is not too shabby. Pete seems to think it’s pretty hot so that’s a plus.

I started to walk around aimlessly, but the truth is I was just walking around in circles around the building. Then my cell started to ring.

“Ciao,” I said. I love how goodbye and hello can both be said using only the word ‘ciao’ but then of course it can get confusing.

“Bella, where are you?” a worried Peter asked.

“I’m just strolling around outside.”

“Well come back inside, you scared the shit out of me.”

“I’m sorry,” I said frowning and looking at the ground.

“Look I’m sorry I said that. Will you just please come back.”

“Yeah, I’ll be there soon. Ciao,” I said less enthusiastic.

“Ciao Bella,” he said. I love how my name is Bella. It means beautiful in Italian. I smiled and hung up. I quickly ran inside the building and up the three flights of stairs. I was a little out of breath when I came to the door. I knocked softly.

“There you are,” Peter said embracing me in a hug.

“Sorry I forgot the key.”

“You look cold,” he said as he took off my coat.

“I’m not actually,” I said smiling.

“Wow, that’s a surprise,” he said and hung up my coat. Peter likes to joke around a lot because I get cold very easily. He thinks it’s funny but he always warms me up by making a hot drink or just holding me tightly until I get warm.

I walked over to the couch and sat down. Pete took a seat next to me and wrapped his arms around me.

“So why did you want to go for a walk at,” he looked at the clock on the wall, “1:12 in the morning?”

“I wasn’t in the mood to go to bed yet so I decided to go for a walk.”

“Well you have to tell me when you leave. I don’t want to lose you too,” he said. I looked at him and saw his eyes water a little. I suddenly felt horrible. He had just lost his sister and I just left him here without even telling him I was going out. If he had gone out I probably would have reacted the same way.

“You won’t lose me Pete. I’m so sorry,” I said and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back tighter than normal. When we pulled apart he gently grabbed my face and brought it to his. The kiss was sweet and passionate. It lasted for a while before we sadly had to break apart, mainly because we were running low on oxygen.

“Are you ready to go to bed or are you going to sneak out again?” he asked only slightly joking.

“I’ll come with you to bed,” I said. He smiled and my heart warmed up. He grabbed my hand and we both walked to the bedroom together. I decided to tell him about my call to my brother tomorrow, but for now I just wanted to snuggle under the covers with my lovers arms wrapped tightly around me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Now I am up to speed with word. I am writing chapter 5 now and it should be done soon. ^_^