Misery Loves It's Company

Newspaper Lies

Before I said anything more I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a big hug.

"I'm so happy you're here!" I said into his shoulder.

"Thought I would check up on my baby sister," he said laughing.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming?" I asked.

He pulled me away slightly only holding onto my arms, "Because what would be the fun in that?"

I smiled and said, "True. So how long are you staying here?"

"I dunno. I brought enough clothes to last me a while."

"Where are you staying?" I asked quickly.

"At a hotel," he said putting his hands in his pockets. It took me a while to process that it was snowing and it was freezing out. I only had on my long sleeve shirt. My hands started to get cold.

"No, you have to stay with Pete and me! You're my freakin brother! You have to!" I practically begged.

"Alright alright, if you insist."

"I do," I said. I rubbed my hands together.

"We should get back inside," he said. He then looked down at my wrist and his eyebrows raised in confusion.

"What happened to your arm?" he asked grabbing my sleeve and rolling it up enough to see the pink cast.

"Fan girls. It's a long story."

"One you're going to have to tell me," he said rolling my sleeve back down.

I sighed, "Fine. So yeah let's get back inside, I'll give you some free pizza on the house and then when my shift ends we can go to the hotel you're staying at, get your things and then go back to my place."

"Sounds good. So are you still living with Pete?" he asked carefully.

"Yeah of course, why?" I asked as we began to walk back into the pizzeria.

"Well I heard you guys broke up. It even showed a picture of his new girlfriend."

"What?" I screamed, causing the pizzeria to become silent.

"What are you talking about?" I continued to yell.

"It was in the paper," Ricardo said looking confused, embarrassed, and slightly shocked.

"What paper?! Give me the paper!" I screamed.

"I don't have it with me," he said looking guilty.

"Bella, be quiet and serve the rest of these people till your shift ends," Mike, the manager said angrily.

I grumbled a sorry and went behind the counter. When this shift is over I'm gonna get to the bottom of this, I thought.

I gave Ricky the pizza and of course from then on my shift went incredibly slowly. But when my shift ended I quickly pulled on my coat and ran over to Ricky who was talking to a couple visiting New York for the first time.

"Well I must go. My sister and I have some very important business to attend to," he said in fluent Italian.

"It was a pleasure meeting you and thank you," they responded also in Italian. They both said goodbye and I yanked Ricardo's arm with my good hand out of the pizzeria. I started jogging to the closest newspaper stand and right there on top of the pile was the newspaper. On big bold letters it said, Famous Fall Out Boy band member, Peter Wentz, break up. To read more flip to page A-10. I grabbed the newspaper and paid for it. I quickly walked over to a bench and sat down and basically ripped the paper open.

Fall Out Boy member, Peter Wentz, recently broke up with his girlfriend, Isabella. But it did not take his broken heart long before he found a new girl. Heather Williams, though younger than Pete, stole his heart away once they first set eyes on each other. She says, "I told Pete that his old girlfriend couldn't understand him the way I could and that I'd be a better girlfriend and treat him the way he deserved to be treated." There was obvious chemistry between the two right away.

I stopped reading. This article was full of lies but I couldn't stop the useless tears coming from my eyes. When I looked up at the two pictures attached to the article my eyes nearly popped out of my head. I almost screamed in fury. I wanted to rip up the paper and burn it and bury it in the ground, but I had to show Peter.

The first picture was of Peter and me. I was crossing my arms and he was trying to reach out to me. The second picture was of Pete kissing "Heather". So those damned fan girls thought that they could trick us and get away with it? I was going to kill them! I jumped out of my seat and Ricardo just stared at me.

"Let's hurry up, and get your stuff. I gotta get back to Pete. We've got some stuff to take care of," I said angrily.