Misery Loves It's Company

Trouble at the Hot Dog stand

Ricardo and I headed to his hotel and he quickly packed up his things and we left. As I was just about to call for a taxi I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. More like someone then something. My fists clenched tightly and I turned so that I was facing the person. She was about 20 feet away from me at a hot dog stand. It was the oldest of the damned fans.

"What's wrong?" Ricky asked noticing my tense posture.

"That's one of the girls that was hanging out with the girl that said that she is dating Pete."

"Which one? Bella, there are a lot of girls around us," he was right. I hadn't even pointed I just automatically thought that since I was looking at her that he would be able to see her too. I turned to Ricardo and said, "Just stay here. I'll be right back."

Ricky put down his luggage and crossed his arms as I strode towards the girl. She was waiting as the hot dog vendor slowly applied the condiments. She had a mean look on her face, no surprise there. I took quick steps and moved through the people without much difficulty. I was right there in a matter of seconds.

"Where the hell does your friend get off saying that Peter and I broke up?" I shouted at her. I meant to take it slow and work my way up to yelling, but I couldn't hold in my rage.

She turned to look at me. Her glare disappeared and a look of shock spread across her face. It was one that I actually enjoyed to see. It made me feel powerful. She quickly tried to cover her surprise and glared at me, but I could tell that she was still shocked.

"What are you talking about?" she asked crossing her arms and cocking her hip out to the side.

"Oh don't play dumb, you bitch! I saw the papers. Your dumb ass friend said that Peter and I broke up and that she is going out with him!" I yelled. Yeah I was furious. She was twice the size I was but I still had the feeling of power and in my mind that made me stronger. Too bad that wasn't the case on the outside. She lifted one of her chunky fists and swung it directly at my face. If I had quick reflexes then I would have ducked and tripped her with my foot, but of course I am me, and I have very slow reflexes. Her fist hit me directly in the cheek and I stumbled to the side. First let me tell you, damn that hurt like hell! This made me even more mad so I gritted my teeth and punched her right back, but sadly she has good reflexes and ducked throwing another punch directly into my stomach. I let out a big, "Ooof!" as all the air left me. I managed to get enough strength to kick her hard in the right knee. She stumbled back and I kicked her again causing her to fall onto the concrete slamming her head on the ground. She blinked and grabbed the back of her head. There was a small amount of blood on her hand.

Two thoughts rushed through my head at once, 'Take that bitch! You deserved that!' and, 'Oh shit! Now what am I gonna do?"

Of course there was a cop nearby. He hadn't noticed us until just that moment. He ran over to me and said, "Young lady, you are going to have to come with me."

"What?" I shouted extremely angry. I wanted more then anything to shout, 'She started it!' but I knew the cop wouldn't buy it.

"Come with me," he said again grabbing my wrists and tying them up.

"Is this really necessary?" I asked irritated. Then finally Ricky ran over to us and stood in front of the cop and me.

"I'm sorry officer, but please don't take my sister away. She was just defending herself from this girl," he said gesturing to the girl on the ground. She was just staring at the scene bewildered. She suddenly put on an innocent face and looked weak.

"Officer, she attacked me first. I was just trying to buy my hot dog," she said trying to get up. She sighed dramatically and fell back on the ground. A couple New Yorkers bent down and helped her up.

The officer turned to the hot dog vendor who was just holding the hot dog in the air. His eyes were wide and he couldn't believe what was going on. There was a crowd gathering around the stand.

"What happened here?" the officer asked.

"Uh...," the vendor stuttered, "Well this girl here," he said pointing to me, "came up and started yelling at her. She said something about her boyfriend in the papers. She called her a bad name and it got the other girl angry so she attacked her and then they both got into a fight."

"Then it looks like you both are coming with me," said the officer. Another cop who was walking by came by as the first officer called him over and he grabbed the big girl and handcuffed her.

"Officer, please don't take my sister. She was tricked. Her boyfriend was said to have dumped her and hooked up with another girl who she," he pointed at the big girl, "has been hanging out with. She was only angry. She did not psychically attack the girl, so she should not be taken away. Please just let her go," Ricardo pleaded. There is my brother for you. Always looking out for me and getting me out of crap.

"I'm sorry son, we gotta take her," said the first cop.

"No, you can't! Please don't take her! She is innocent. She doesn't deserve to go to jail. I beg of you not to take her. Please," Ricardo ranted in fluent Italian. The cops stared at each other confused as my brother went into hysterics. The second cop put out his hand to let Ricardo stop which he didn't.

"Maybe we should just let her go, Phil," said the second cop.

"Fine. We'll let you both go, with a warning this time. I better not have to stop you guys again or there will be consequences," the first cop warned. The big girl and I both nodded and they took the handcuffs off of us. The big girl glared menacingly at me and then snatched her hot dog from the man. She threw down the money and stormed down the street. Ricky and I walked back over to his luggage and I called for a taxi.

When we were both in the taxi driving towards home I said, "Thanks Ricardo."

"No problem. I love getting my sister out of trouble with the cops."

I laughed and gave him a side hug. "Now it's time to talk to Peter, and tell him about the newspaper and drama at the hot dog stand."

"That you get to do on your own," Ricky said sitting back in his seat.

"Fantastic, something to look forward to."