Dragged You Down to the Devil's Show

Move Along

Hanging out with the band was alright for a few weeks. In a funny twist, I actually enjoyed having them as company.

Jimmy love making others laugh and he doesn't have to try hard to do it. Matt is like the serious guy in the group and he is always with his fiancee. Johnny is a good friend you need in your life because he makes you smile. Zacky, in a weird way, is being super friendly.

Technically speaking, I was with Brian since the day of the afterparty. I honestly don't know what we have between us - since I refused to sleep with him ; not forgetting the fact that I was lying to them about myself.

I got to know two of their girlfriends Keira who is dating Jimmy and Mandie who is engaged to Matt. They were all very nice - in fact, TOO nice to be killers in disguise.

Which brings me to the point.

I actually feel like a horrible person, lying to them about myself. They had no idea I was an undercover cop sniffing around.

"Quit screwing around, Christy," Tristan was seated next to me on the couch in the middle of my living room.

His blue eyes blazed into mine as he tried to search for answers that cannot be found.

"I'm not," I protested, taking a sip off my Heineken. "I've been hanging with them for a few weeks, Trist. I have looked for evidence but all I get is a big nothing."

"What are you saying?" he seemed to have gone on the defensive. "That - that we should quit? Because I know for a fact that they did it!"

"Why?" I snapped, feeling irritated with my best friend. "Why are you so bent on making them guilty when they're not?"

He started giving reasons so I stood up and made my way around my small apartment towards the kitchen, knowing that Tristan would follow me. I opened the white fridge and took out another can of Heineken.

"I already feel bad for lying to them, Tristan!" I snapped, whirling around to face him and he stopped curtly right in front of me.

"Feel bad for lying to them?" Tristan repeated, not believing his ears. He was frowning and his face started to turn red. "Oh my God! Have you listened to yourself?"

I rolled my eyes and started walking away, as I opened the can I was holding.

"You're a cop, Christine. And that is your job. You shouldn't even be 'feeling bad' for lying to them!" he mocked me with finger quotations and ran in front of me causing me to stop walking.

He reached out and shook me gently, looking at me in the eyes - his blue eyes softening.

"Christine, I've got sources telling me of the things they do. All we need now is for you to find the evidence," he whispered softly, not taking his eyes off me.

I tried looking away but he shook me again, making me look at him.

"Remember that vow we made before we joined the Force?" he added and I shook my head, feeling tears forcing their way out. "Patrick was murdered, Christy. He was murdered."

I jerked myself away and fell to the floor, tears roll down my cheeks. I started shaking vigorously, covering my ears and felt my heart ached so badly.

Patrick, I cried out in my head with pain.

"We vowed to look for Mikael, Christy. And we vowed to put the bad guys away so people who are as innocent as Patrick lives to see another day," Tristan bent down and put his arms around my shoulder.

I buried my face in his chest and started to weep like a baby while he rocked us back and forth, allowing me to let it all out.

About thirty minutes later, I was all out of tears. Both Tristan and I had our back against the wall - I was resting my head on his shoulder with his arm around my waist - both of us staring into space.

Then the vibration in my pocket broke me out of my thoughts. I took out my phone and saw that I had a text message.

"Who is it?" Tristan asked, peeking to read the message with me.

The guys are planning to go bowling tonight. You coming?
- Brian


"They're going bowling," my voice was hoarse as I wiped the tears off my face and sniffed.

"You don't have to go," Tristan said, pulling himself away from me as I pushed a strand of my fringe behind my ears.

"No, I want to," I said standing up. "For Patrick."

There was a hint of sadness in Tristan's eyes as he nodded his head.

"For Patrick," he repeated in a dead voice.
♠ ♠ ♠
THANK YOU Ashley, Nikki and Mandie for your comments!
And I love the subscribers too. ;)

Comments are appreciated!