Status: Updates come with comments!

Royalty

Prologue II

But I think we should start at the beginning, shouldn’t we?

Well, she told me the story of her life, the day before her hanging was to be.

It was a rainy and grey morning as I made my way to the city jail. Just the other day I had gotten a letter from the police department that my sister demanded to see me, I was shocked at first, how dare she demand me too her? After all she did too us? But then again how can I not go to her, when it is probably the last wish she had? Therefore, right on the next day I put on my best dress and made my way through the pouring rain, through the thousand of streets in Boston until I reached the jail. The commander of the police station greeted and welcomed me inside, told me how happy he was that I was paying a visit and then he asked me why.

“I am here to see my sister; didn’t you write me a letter saying she wanted to see me?” I asked.

“Not that I know of, that letter must have not been from me.”

His answer confused me a bit, but I shrugged it off, “Well, now I’m here already so bring me to her.”

“As you wish, madam,” he said with a bow and motioned me to follow him. Walking into the back of the station, he walked me past several overfilled cells that rank of filth and lust. Shouts and whistling followed as we passed them and I felt myself stiffen uncomfortably, but then he led me into into a separate room with only one cell inside, a tiny cell that only held one person. I swallowed hard as I saw the woman that sat inside the cell, staring out of the barred windows in loneliness. The commander had brought me to Jay, the woman who in the past was my sister, the daughter of the Boston governor, the former fiancé of Charles Langton, the queen of the Boston thieves and a pirate, just as brutal and dangerous as beautiful. I thought that maybe she would have lost some of her beauty throughout the endless years she was gone but I was wrong. She was as beautiful as ever but then again ugly all the while… her hair was flowing across her back muddy and tangled, bleached from the mass of sun light she was set under. She was wearing the clothes of a sailor men, the legs, and sleeves were torn, and the shirt was tied together in a knot so it showed her stomach. The skin had a nice even dark tan, hiding the previous pale skin everyone would have killed for. Under her left eye, I could see a pale scar as her eyes drilled a hole into me. She looked weak yet strong, ugly yet beautiful, sad yet happy behind the bars that held her prisoner.

She just stared at me; she didn’t greet me she didn’t even make a move or sound, only stared at me throughout the whole time the commander was near. It took me a while to notice this, so I quickly released him. The further he went away the more and more Jays mouth started to form a smile and as soon as the door shut-off the noises of the outside cells and streets, she got up and made her way over to me.

“Long time no see, sister,” where the first words I heard from her since the day after our 16th birthday, her voice was as strong as her appearance and through it flowed a tone of confidence and pride.

“Yes, too long of a time,” came my voice. I was shaking, I felt as if I was the one to be hanged and Jay would be the married woman and mother of three wonderful children that is here to see her sentenced to death sister. It just was not right that she would be so confident on the day before her death. However, I could have guessed - but that is for a later time.

“You followed my wish and came here to meet me, very kind of you.”

“So you really did wish for me, but why did the commander say they didn’t send me the letter that you send to me?”

“That would be because I didn’t give it to them to bring you, I gave it to Benjamin... You still know who Benjamin is, am I right?”

“Of course I still know who he is,” as I said this she smiled and asked me if I still remembered the night I had followed her, the night were she met Benjamin in the harbour. “Yes, I do.”

“Then you still remember the question you asked me the next day?” I nodded, “And the promise I gave you that day?”

“You mean that you said you’d tell me another time?”

She smiled, “Exactly, and this is also the reason I have sent for you today. I want to tell you why I went there in the night, what I did in nights you didn't follow me, every one of the adventures I had throughout my past life and to answer all the questions you may have. Best I start right at the beginning. So please feel free to close your eyes, and get ready to go on the greatest trip ever, you just have to imagine, imagine you were… me.”

At first I looked at her appalled and in shock, but then slowly I closed my eyes and got ready to follow her every word, got ready to go on the greatest adventures I would ever go to…

“Therefore my little ones, close your eyes, get yourself comfortable and imagine. Imagine you were Jay Brighton, the eldest daughter of Boston’s Governor, a queen of thieves and a girl that was about to go on an adventure, so full of happiness, horror and love that no one could ever only imagine it. A girl who was about to become a pirate…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please!!!!