Sequel: Hearts On Fire

In the Rose Garden

I Saw An Angel

Addison rolled her eyes and walked out of the backroom. She approached the girl who has managed to take over the entire music scene. She not only had taken over the entire music scene but was also the center of gossip magazines by dating Joe Jonas. Addison opened the shoebox and set it in between Joe and Taylor.

"Ugh, finally," Taylor muttered under her breath and pulled one of the high heels out of the box to try it on.

Joe gave Addison a sympathetic look and turned back to Taylor.

Taylor then hastily put the shoe back in the box and thrust it at Addison. "I'll be getting these," she said and waved Addison away.

Once Addison was out of earshot, she sighed and set the box on the counter. She pulled out her cell phone and opened up a new text addressed to her best friend, Lily.

Okay seriously, I'm about to punch Taylor Swift in the face.

She snapped the phone shut and shoved it into her pocket. She sighed again and leaned against the counter waiting for the country/pop princess to call her back over with whatever else she could possibly want. Finally after ten minutes, Taylor and Joe walked up to the counter. Taylor put a few more items on the counter and Addison began to scan them.

"$287.36."

Taylor took out a credit card and swiped it through the machine. Addison grabbed the receipt and a pen and slid them across the counter. Taylor signed the paper and grabbed her bags and walked out with Joe in tow.

"She stole my pen!" Addison whispered loudly and stuck the store's copy of Taylor's receipt in the cash drawer. As if in tune with Addison, Joe ran back in and placed the pen on the counter.

"Sorry about that," he said and looked for a nametag but didn't find one.

"Addison," she responded.

"Addison," he said and nodded his head. In a hesitant fashion, he backed away and walked out of the store. He left Addison wondering if he was sorry that Taylor Swift stole her pen or for Taylor Swift's rude behavior.

Be there in ten.

Addison chuckled and responded.

She and Joe Jonas are gone. We'll talk about it when I get off in a few.

Addison stepped out onto the floor to make sure everything was neat and orderly. She put a few shirts back in their rightful place and fixed some of the shoes and accessories.

"So how'd it go with Taylor Swift and Joe Jonas?" Kim, the assistant manager, asked.

"Taylor Swift just might be one of the biggest bitches ever. I mean, seriously," Addison ranted and rolled her eyes. "It sucks that her music is so good."

"Awe, well maybe next time some celebrity comes in they'll be better."

"Or maybe next time you can take them. Yeah, I think I like that idea."

"Nice try kiddo," Kim responded and patted Addison's head. "It's time for you to get off now. I can hold the fort down until the next person comes in."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. I'm pretty sure you have to go get ready to spend the weekend with your father."

"Yeah, I do actually. Mom told you?"

"In words I would rather not repeat. Have fun, okay?"

"I will," Addison said and nodded her head. Kim knew how Addison's mother could get. Addison clocked out and grabbed her bag and hoody.

"I'll see you next week."

"Bye." Addison waved and walked out of the store her mother owned. She pulled her keys out of her bag as she walked around the corner to where the parking lot was. She got into her car and took her cell phone out of her pocket.

Call me when you get home. I want dets.

As quietly as she could, Addison walked into the house and shut the door. She already knew that her mother was passed out on the couch. Addison went upstairs to her room and called Lily.

"So, what were they like?" Lily didn't even say hello.

"Well, Joe was really nice but Taylor, oh man. If I could have punched her in the face and not gotten in trouble, I so would have."

"Really? She seems so much nicer than that."

"I know, right. Oh well, I'm still going to listen to her. Maybe she was having a bad day or something."

"Or maybe fame got to her head already."

"Could be. I don't know though."

"Was it weird seeing Joe Jonas in person with another girl? Since you, you know, have that big huge crush on him."

"No, it wasn't. I don't know Joe personally so…"

"Well that is true. Were any of the other brothers there?"

"No. One of her bodyguards stood outside the doors though and wouldn't let anyone in." Addison shoved a couple shirts into her overnight bag followed by a couple pairs of pants.

"What are you doing right now?"

"Packing. I leave for my dad's tomorrow so I'll be with him for the weekend."

"Oh yeah. Are you sure you can't come to my party tonight?"

"I really want to leave early in the morning. I'm sorry Lily. Next time though. I promise."

"I'll remember that."

"I have no doubts you won't."

"Yeah, I know. I'm writing it down right now," Lily sarcastically said. "Well, I'm going to let you go so you can finish packing. Call me when you get back and we'll get together."

"I know the deal. I'll talk to you later." The girls hung up and Addison headed into her bathroom. She left a few of her toiletries out on the counter so she could use them in the morning after her shower. As she was walking out of the bathroom, she heard glass shatter on the floor below her.

"Shit!" Mrs. Turner shouted. "Goddamn it!"

Addison wasn't sure if she wanted to go downstairs or not. Her mother made the decision for her.

"Addison, come here!"

Addison sighed and went downstairs into the kitchen. She saw the broken glass on the floor.

"Clean this up," her mother said and grabbed an unopened bottle of vodka and walked out of the kitchen. Addison watched her go and didn't say anything. She just sighed and started picking up large pieces of glass and throwing them away. She then grabbed the broom and dustpan and got a bucket of water and soap ready so she could mop. She couldn't wait for the day to end since then that would mean she was closer to tomorrow.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Addison stepped into the elevator and pressed the button for floor five. She watched as each number slowly lit up and then the doors opened. She grabbed her overnight bag and walked out of the elevator. She walked to the end of the hall and knocked on the last door.

"Who is it?"

"Addison."

"Addie, get in here."

She walked into her dad's apartment. They shared a hug before he took her stuff and put it in the extra room.

"You know you don't need to knock when you come over," he told her as he sat next to her on the couch.

"Sorry," she said and picked at the makeshift bandage on her hand.

"What did you do?"

"Mom dropped a bottle and made me clean it up."

"Addison," he said and sighed. "I told you not to let her do that to you. She's the mother; she should be taking care of you, not the other way around." He took her hand and took her into the bathroom. He pulled the makeshift bandage off her hand and looked at the wound. "Remind me later to have Katie look at this." He washed her hand with soap and water and put a clean bandage on it.

"Who's Katie?"

"Just someone I want you to meet."

"Is she a… uh… lady friend?" She put air quotes around lady friend.

Mr. Turner just laughed and kissed her hand. As they walked out of the bathroom, he said, "How about we go get some breakfast?"

Addison's stomach growled at the mention of breakfast. "I say we should. Is your lady friend going be there?" She did the air quotes again.

"You'll get to meet her tonight when we go out for dinner."

"All right," Addison said as she grabbed her hoody and cell phone. She put the hoody on and put the phone in her pocket. She walked out the door which her dad was holding open for her. They got into his BMW and were on their way to a local restaurant.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm just testing this story out for now. Depending on reads and feedback, it might not stay on Mibba and go to the JBFA. So let me know what you think if it.

Title credit: James Blunt - You're Beautiful