Sequel: Hearts On Fire

In the Rose Garden

Jonas Honor

Addison let Joe's hand go long enough to unlock the door to her father's apartment and they walked inside. Her dad was in the kitchen making dinner and Katie was sitting on the couch watching Grey's Anatomy.

"Hey Addison, I just called your cell to see if…" Mr. Turner noticed they were holding hands. "To see if you were going to be home for dinner tonight but Nick answered your phone instead."

Addison patted herself down. "I guess I left it at your house."

Joe smirked. "Well actually if Nick answered then you did leave it there."

"Well duh Addison," she quietly responded.

Joe quietly chuckled beside her.

"So we actually came here to tell you guys that," she started to say and looked at Joe. "Are you ready?" she whispered. Joe nodded his head. "Joe and I… are getting married!"

"What!" everyone shouted in unison, Joe included.

Addison started cracking up. "No, I'm just kidding, although Joe is my boyfriend now."

"That sounds a lot better," her father responded. "I was like, I haven't even had the talk with the boy yet."

"Well, now you can," Addison told him.

"Yeah, I should probably get on that before it does really happen."

"Maybe," Addison said and shrugged her shoulders.

"Maybe we should have that talk right now. Joe, why don't you come join me in the kitchen," Mr. Turner said and thumbed behind him.

Joe looked at Addison.

"It'll be okay," she told him and kissed his cheek.

He took a deep breath and said, "Okay" before walking away.

"Dad, be nice," she warned him. "I really like this one."

"Gotchya." She watched as they walked into the kitchen. Addison sighed and sat next to Katie on the couch.

"Is this anything like in real life?" Addison asked and pointed to the television.

"Do doctors spend most of their shift sleeping together? No." Katie shook her head. "At least I don't think so."

Addison laughed at her joke.

"So, you and Joe… finally?"

"Yeah, finally. He played a song and everything."

"He wrote you a song? Lucky girl. I've never had a boy write me a song."

"Well, Joe is a musician after all. It does come naturally to him."

"That is true. Was it a good song?"

"It was a great song. He was pretty much saying sorry for everything that happened with Taylor and all that crap."

"Awe. He's a good kid."

"Yeah, he's a good kid," Addison said and nodded her head. They watched T.V. in silence for ten minutes and then Addison realized that Joe hadn't come running out of the kitchen scared. She got up and headed into the kitchen. Joe was giving Mr. Turner cooking tips.

"Oh, hey Addie," Mr. Turner said.

Joe turned around and looked at her. "Oh, hey babe." He put his arm around her.

"Oh, hey Dad. Oh, hey hot stuff," Addison mocked them.

Joe said, "That's McSexy to you."

"It's McSteamy and McDreamy and McDreamy isn't really all that attractive and McSteamy may be kind of nice to look at but he's a slut."

"I don't know. All I know is it's McSomething."

"Try McStupid," they heard her father mumble as he looked at the pots and pans on the stove. After a few more seconds, Addison and Joe couldn't hold back their laughter anymore.

"Oh, that was so funny," Joe said and then added, "Oh, what I was trying to say earlier at your work was that tomorrow we, meaning Kevin, Nick and I, have a secret show in New York and I wanted to know if you wanted to join us."

"Heck yes!"

"You know, I remember when you were little, you used to tell me and your mom all the time that you were going to move to New York and become a star," her dad said.

"What kind of star?"

"You never specified."

"Huh, well I'll let you know when I get home."

"It better not be that one that starts with the letter p."

"Pet walker for the stars?"

"Very funny."

"I'll make sure she chooses a more positive one," Joe said.

"Thank you, Joe," Mr. Turner said and they shook on it.

Joe turned away to answer his phone.

"You guys know Addison left her phone here, right?" Nick asked.

"Yeah. Just put it in my room since we're going to be coming back anyway. She's coming with us tomorrow."

"Oh, okay, awesome. I'll let dad know."

Joe hung up his phone.

"I should probably go pack an overnight bag," Addison suggested to herself.

"It helps," Joe said. Just when they were about to walk out the kitchen, Addison stopped and turned back to her father.

"You're okay with me going with them tomorrow?"

"Oh yeah, it's fine. It'll give me a chance to spend time with Katie."

Addison scrunched her face up.

"Funny."

"Just kidding, Dad." They left the kitchen and went to her room where she grabbed her bag and started looking through her drawers and closet. Joe sat on her bed and watched.

"I'm really happy you agreed to come," Joe quietly said.

"If it means spending more time with you, then I'll do it."

"Have you ever been to one of our shows?"

"Yeah, one. My dad got tickets from some guy and he gave them to me and Lily. It was a pretty amazing show."

"Yeah, we do put on pretty amazing shows," Joe said and leaned back on his elbows with a smirk on his face.

Addison returned an exaggerated smirk and turned back to her dresser. She finally pulled out a pair of fitted black jeans and a t-shirt. She then grabbed a hoody and her pajamas and shoved them into the bag along with the clothes she previously picked out.

"I just have to grab my toothbrush-"

"You can just use mine," Joe said.

"Ewe!"

"I was just kidding, jeez!"

"So not funny."

"Or so you say."

"No, anyone would say that… Joseph."

"Okay… Addison. Yeah, it doesn't really work with your name." He shook his head.

"Sucks for you."

"I could always just say Turner comma Addison Violet."

"Yeah, if you wanted to be here all day…"

"That's true. I just can't win with you today."

"Maybe tomorrow," she suggested.

"How about the next day? I'm kind of busy tomorrow."

"Whatever."

"Oh thanks. I'm in like with you too."

"What?"

"Well, you see, I'm not going to say the "L" word because we just got together. So I'm going to use the other "L" word instead."

"I have no idea what you're talking about Joe."

"Do you want me to tell you I love you?"

"Eventually but not right now."

"Okay so you see, I'm going to say that I'm in like with you before saying that I love you."

"Whatever rocks your yatch."

"Isn't it whatever floats your boat?"

"Words don't own us!"

"Okay, sorry."

"That's what I thought," she replied and finished getting ready. Before they walked out the door, they stopped to let Katie and Mr. Turner know they were leaving.

"Be careful," Addison's father said as he hugged her.

"I will," she responded before hugging Katie.

"Joe, bring her back exactly the way she is now."

"I will, Mr. Turner."

"Promise?"

"Scout's honor."

"Joe, you were never a scout," Addison said.

"Okay. Jonas honor?"

"I guess that'll work," Mr. Turner said. He was starting to think that maybe Joe was a little weird. "Have fun guys."

Addison and Joe said goodbye and walked out the door. As they walked towards the elevator, Joe took her bag from her and held her hand with his free hand.

"This is going to be so awesome," Joe said as they waited.

Addison turned to him with a puzzled look on her face. "Doesn't Taylor have a show tomorrow in New York also?"

Joe shrugged his shoulders. "She might. I don't know. She's not my girlfriend anymore. I don't keep tabs on her."

"Okay Mr. Grumpy Gills."

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Joe stared at Addison with a wide grin on his face as he held back his laughter.

"Joe, this is not funny. Stop laughing at me," Addison said as she tightly held onto the arm rest.

"I'm not laughing. I promise I'm not laughing."

"You know you're just cracking up on the inside."

"Maybe just a little," Joe said as he pried her fingers from around the arm rest. He intertwined them with his and he sat back while the plane took off. "It's just flying, that's all. No big deal."

"Planes fall out of the sky and then people die. Yes big deal."

"Not this plane. I'm on it so it won't happen."

"How do you know?"

"'Cause I'm Joe Jonas."

"So what? And I'm Addison Turner. Oh hey, I just found a cure for cancer."

"You're so funny babe," he said and leaned across the seat and kissed her. Once Addison realized the take off was over, she relaxed.

"First time flying?" Nick asked as he sat next to them.

"No, it just scares me," Addison replied.

"You'll get used to it soon. We do a lot of flying."

"Okay guys, so here's the deal," Kevin said as he sat across from them with his blackberry out. "When we land, we're going to go straight to the hotel. We'll hang out there for about an hour, hour and a half maybe. Then at seven, we have our secret show, afterwards a signing. Then we'll be back at the hotel by eleven, midnight the latest."

"And then it's Joe and Addison time," Joe said and nodded his head. After a few more seconds, he followed it up with "That so didn't sound right."

"Yeah, not really," Addison agreed.

"I second that," Nick said.

"What I meant was-"

"Joe, we get it," Nick said to save his brother from any further embarrassment.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Everyone walked into the hotel and stood in the lobby while Mr. Jonas got their room keys. Joe had his arms around Addison when he noticed a blond haired girl walk in the door. Even though he couldn't see her face, she looked really familiar. After another minute, she removed her sunglasses.

"Oh wow," Joe quietly said.

"What?" Addison asked and looked in the same direction as him. All she could see was Taylor Swift glaring at them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Last update until who knows when. I leave in a couple hours. Hopefully I won't be gone forever. Thanks to everyone who's been reading this. Leave me lots of feedback to come back to!