Sequel: Hearts On Fire

In the Rose Garden

You're So Pathetic Give It A Rest

Addison sat quietly in the corner of the room out of the boys' way, texting Lily. Normally they would have tossed everyone out of the room for ten minutes but Joe told Big Rob it was all right for her to stay.

The boys are doing their prayer thing and all that jazz. They actually let me stay in the room with them. I just can't say anything. Addison updated Lily. Lily wanted pretty much every detail of the day since she couldn't be there. The only way she really would have been able to come on the label's dime would be if she and Garbo were married.

Girl, you go get up there and do the hula!

Addison shook her head. You wish!

"Are you talking about me again?" Joe asked, standing over her.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"

"It better be good stuff."

"Oh come on now Jonas, why I ever speak badly about you?"

"I don't know, would you?"

"If you pissed me off, yes, but other than that, we're all right."

"Awesome," he said as he gestured for her to follow him. She followed them out of the room and people instantly flocked around them. Everyone was talking at once and wiring them and everything to get them ready to go on stage. Before Joe took his place, he quickly kissed Addison. "Wish me luck."

"Break a leg babe!" She then went with his family to the side of the stage to watch the show. The crowd seemed to get louder by the moment, chanting: Jonas! Jonas! Jonas! Then they finally took the stage.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

The car ride back to the hotel was unusually quiet that night. Leave it up to Addison to break the silence though. She started cracking up and Joe knew exactly why.

"Don't laugh at me!" he said.

Addison stopped laughing long enough to say "What's the matter? Can't you sing and walk at the same time?"

"Addie…"

"When I said break a leg, I meant figuratively, not literally!" Everyone knew she was referring to when the boys were singing "BB Good" and Joe started to walk but stumbled over his own two feet and almost face planted in the middle of the stage.

"Thank you, Addison, really," he said.

"Awe Joe, had you actually hurt yourself, I would have taken good care of you. It would have been awesome!"

"Awesome?"

"I mean taking care of you, not you hurting your face. You hurting your face would have been plain funny."

"Obviously. I didn't even do that and you think it's funny."

"Okay, sorry, I'm done. I'll stop laughing right now."

"All right," Joe said not really believing she'd be able to keep quiet long.

Joe was proven right when not even five minutes later, Addison said, "Hey Joe, remind me when we get home to check YouTube and see if someone posted that already." She could barely get the last part out through her laughter. Joe just shook his head and put his arm around her neck to bring her closer to him so he could kiss her.

"You're lucky I really like you," Joe said.

She stopped laughing and said, "No, you're lucky." Joe raised his eyebrow and said nothing.

Around 11:15, they arrived at the hotel for the night. Joe jumped into the shower first so Addison passed the time by flipping through channels and texting Lily.

Joe damn near face planted in the middle of the stage!

Oh please tell me someone caught it for YouTube!

I told Joe to remind me to check when we got home. He wasn't very happy about that.

Make fun of him for me.

I've already made enough fun of him. He's good for the whole week.

Oh darn… Hey, Greg's about to call. Talk to you later.

Addison set her phone aside and waited on Joe while watching a CSI: NY rerun. Just when it got to the good part, Joe walked out of the bathroom.

"Okay, you can go now," he said as he tucked his clothes into his bag.

She waved him off as she watched Mac and Stella collect evidence from a new crime scene and give theories on what they thought happened. "In a minute, in a minute."

Joe stayed silent for a moment before saying, "Really?"

"Dude, they're chasing a serial killer and he leaves broken compasses at every crime scene."

"They don't even find him this episode. It continues into the next one."

"I'll watch the next one too then."

"Addison, I'll buy it for you on DVD if you go shower right now so we can go to bed."

Addison scooped up her pajamas and pointed at Joe. "I'm holding you to that, mister."

Joe nodded his head. "Tomorrow we'll stop at a Best Buy or whatever and it'll be yours by the end of the day."

"All right Jonas. We'll see about that," she said and ducked into the bathroom. When he heard the shower turn on, Joe shook his head. He grabbed the remote and turned the television off. He then pulled the blankets back on the full-sized bed and climbed in. He was about to doze off when Addison climbed into the bed ten minutes later. When she pulled the covers over her, he leaned over and kissed her with an intensity he didn't know he was holding back.

"Goodnight Addison," he said and turned off the lights as if nothing had just happened. Addison couldn't respond. All she could do was touch her fingertips to her lips and sink lower into the bed. She finally let out the breath she'd been holding in and curled up against Joe. After a few minutes, they were both asleep.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Just as Addison was about to walk into the lobby's girl's bathroom, Danielle stopped and warned her. "Taylor Swift's in there somewhere."

"Okay, thanks Dani," Addison said and walked in. Addison quickly found a stall and did her business. When she walked out and headed for the sinks, Taylor was leaning against one, waiting on her with her arms crossed over her chest.

"From the moment I saw you, I knew something was going on between you and Joe."

"There was nothing going on between us. We were just friends."

"Uh-huh, that's what they all say. The thing is, the way he looks at you, he never looked at me like that."

Addison didn't know what to say at first as she washed the pink soap off her hands. She finally said, "I'm sure he has." Though she wasn't quite sure what Taylor meant.

"What could you possibly know? Oh well. Joe's relationships usually don't last more than a few months anyway. First comes the Kings of Leon concert at the beginning, then in the middle, everything will be fine and dandy and then all of a sudden, bam! It's over and you're just another notch on his purity ring."

Addison shrugged her shoulders and said, "Yeah well, it is what it is but at least I'm not always in the spotlight so we'll at least have some privacy where our relationship is concerned and there's nothing you can do about that. The kid broke up with you. Write a song and get over it already. Joe has."

"You may have him but I always get the last word."

Addison rolled her eyes and strolled out of the bathroom as if Taylor was no longer there. As she approached Joe and his family, they could hear Taylor say, "Always, Addison. Just you wait and see."

"What was that about?" Joe asked.

"That chick is seriously crazy," Addison responded. "She's like, off her rocker or something. Whatever, it's water under the bridge so I can canoe through it." She waved the thought of Taylor off.

"What?" Joe said. He looked at everyone else and they didn't understand Addison's words either. Joe shrugged his shoulders and let it go as they started to leave. Addison gave a little thought to what Taylor said except there would be no Kings of Leon concert. Joe already knew that Addison didn't really care for them and taking her to their concert would only bore her. That's the only reason why they haven't gone. She shook her head. "No what?" Joe asked. She didn't realize he had been watching her.

"Oh, nothing. I was just thinking about something."

"The stuff Taylor said?"

"Maybe."

"Don't worry about it. She's just trying to psyche you out. Don't let her get to you."

"She won't. Half the crap she said didn't really make sense or pertain to us. She's a flipping nut job."

Joe laughed. "It's okay, Addison, calm down."

"What? I'm just saying!"

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

"A notch in his purity ring? She does know that one day you're going to own that purity ring, right?" Lily said. Addison just looked at her. "Oh, don't act like everyone's not placing bets on when you officially take the Jonas last name. It's so going to happen one day."

"Oh! Oh my god, last night before we went to sleep, Joe kissed me-"

Lily cut her off. "You two shared a bed?"

"It wasn't the first time. Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah! So Joe kissed me and it was like, super intense and I totally thought about Joe in that way."

"In what way?"

"In that way."

"Oh! That way?"

"Yeah, totally."

"Sorry to rain on your parade but he wants you to have his last name first. Then you can turn that way into a reality."

"Shut up Lily."

"Then you really will be a notch in his purity ring." Lily laughed.

Addison didn't. "It's not funny."

"Oh come on. I'm pretty sure Joe's already thought about you like that. As a matter of fact, he's had to have. The day we went swimming at their house, he was totally checking you out from every angle."

"Shoot, he can check me out all he wants." Addison shrugged her shoulders and the girls laughed.

"So uh, what did you mean when you said that that wasn't the first time you guys shared a bed?" asked Lily.

"The night that crap happened with Brandon, Joe stayed with me the whole night."

"Oh. Well that was sweet of him."

"And then Friday night, we slept in his room."

"Any more nights?"

Addison laughed. "No. That's it so far."

"Okay. You know, I really hope you and Joe get married eventually so then the next time you see Taylor Swift you can rub it in her face and tell her to write a song about it."

"Ha ha, she probably would too. Oh well. It is what it is." Addison shrugged her shoulders. She changed the subject and they chatted about Garbo. "So, how are you and Garbo doing?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Kudos to Jenna and Mashi for the feedback. You two keep looking out for future chapters. I have a surprise...

I'm not really feeling this chapter but you guys'll take what you can get, right?

Title credit: This Providence - Wolf In Sheep's Clothing