Sequel: Hearts On Fire

In the Rose Garden

Twins

When the boys got out of Kevin's car, Nick had to stop and admire Finn's mustang. Finn obviously took great care of his car as it was in pristine shape. Just as Nick peeked inside the car, Joe tugged him away.

"Dude, come on before someone comes out and thinks you're going to steal that car," Joe said. Kevin and Nick followed Joe into the guest house. Addison and Finn were sitting on the couch in the living room quietly talking with one another. Addison got up and kissed Joe before hugging Kevin and Nick. She made the introductions with her real brother and adopted brothers.

"Whoa, I didn't know you had a twin much less a brother," Kevin said.

"I thought you were an only child," Joe added.

Addison raised her hands in surrender and said again, "Finn's my twin brother. According to our birth certificates, I'm seven minutes older than him. Now we're just waiting for my - scratch that - our dad to get home so we can all talk about this."

Joe put his hands on her shoulders. "Are you sure you want to do that? I mean, it'll just cause more drama and you don't really need that."

"Joe, my life is literally falling apart a moment at a time. I've been raised my whole life being an only child. I lived my whole life believing I don't have any brothers or sisters and it turns out that I actually do have a brother. My dad may not be my dad and I was, once again, raised believing Ted is my father when Donnie might be my dad."

Nick stepped forward with a picture in his hands. "I think your dad really is your dad."

Addison just looked at him and waited for an explanation.

"Look at this picture of you and your dad," he said and handed her the picture. "You and your dad look just alike."

"We've already been over the fact that I look like him and my uncle since they're twins."

"Hold on, I'm not done. Now look at Finn. He looks just like you therefore he looks just like your dad too but the only way he could look just like you is if you have the same mom."

"Nick, just so you know, that made no sense. They obviously have the same mom…" Joe said and gave him a weird look. "Maybe you should go home and take a nap."

"Maybe," Nicks said in agreement. "Oh man, I really thought I had something going there."

"Yeah, we're not trying to figure out who their mom is, we know that. We want to know who their dad is."

"Kevin, let's go so I can go to sleep," Nick said defeated.

"All right," Kevin said as he pulled his keys out of his pocket. "Let's go, Nick."

Everyone said their goodbyes and the two Jonas boys left.

"Are you absolutely positively sure you want to go a round or two with your father on this?" Joe asked his girlfriend again.

"I'm… pretty sure," she responded and nodded her head. "I'm not going to keep living a lie." She put an arm around his waist.

"Well, as long as you're one hundred percent sure about it," Joe said unsurely.

"Maybe eighty-five percent sure," Addison responded.

"I'm going to go shower," Joe said and kissed her forehead. "I probably stink."

Addison shrugged her shoulders. "Eh. No more than usual."

"Oh, thanks!" Joe shook his head and walked away. Addison turned to Finn and then looked at her watch. Her dad should be home soon.

"Let's go wait in the house," she said and pointed towards the other house. Finn nodded his head and followed her. They walked in through the patio door and sat in the living room to wait.

After a fifteen minute wait and the arrival of Joe, Mr. Turner and Katie walked in the front door.

"Boys, Addison, to what do I owe this visit?" Mr. Turner asked.

Addison wasted no time. "Why didn't you tell me Finn's my brother?"

Mr. Turner didn't say anything and looked around the room at everyone.

"Did you honestly think I wouldn't find out? Why do you keep lying to me about everything? Why do you keep lying about who I am?"

"Addison, don't talk to me like that. I'm your father and you-"

"Are you? Are you really my father or is that a lie too and you really know the truth?" Addison was starting to get frustrated. She hadn't intended to get so mad.

Joe stepped in front of her and put his hands on her face. "Addison, babe, calm down, it's okay."

"No, it's not okay!"

"Yes, it is. Finding all this out doesn't mean your life is over. It doesn't make him any less of your father. Sure, we don't know why he did it but he also isn't the only one who did it. Your mom did it, too. So, you can't hold him fully responsible for this."

"Addison, Finn, let's go talk," Mr. Turner suggested and motioned them to follow him. They followed him out of the room and Joe stayed and chatted with Katie. Mr. Turner told them about his ex-wife's family's decision. He told them about how he was practically bullied into it.

"Believe me, I would give anything to go back in time and change my decision, I would keep both of you. It happened though and we can't change that. What we have is right now though and it's not too late to start again. I mean, Finn, if you'll let me. Because you two are my son and daughter and I would like to be your father."

Finn looked at the man who could be his father. He was obviously comparing him to Donnie, the man who raised him. "I would really like that."

"Great. Come here, both of you," he said and stood up. He hugged his kids and kissed Addison on her head.

Finn would now be able to have a relationship with his father. With Donnie, he never felt that connection. He never felt like he could talk about anything with Donnie or do anything with Donnie. He never felt like he was really a family with the two people who were supposed to be his parents. Growing up, he always felt a connection with Mr. Turner though and was always disappointed whenever he and Addison would leave to go home. He had a real chance now.

They pulled apart from their little family hug and walked out of the room. Mr. Turner grabbed Addison's sleeve and let Finn walk ahead.

"Are we all right now?" he asked her.

Addison nodded her head. "We're fine, Dad."

"Good." They put an arm around each other and walked into the living room where Joe, Katie and Finn were. Addison watched Joe as he stifled a yawn. He was clearly starting to get tired. He'd gotten up at five-thirty and at six that morning he and his brothers had to start dealing with tour stuff with their touring managers: Josh Miller (who is also their uncle) and Rob Brenner. After that, they decided on a set list and picked which new songs they would be playing while in Europe. He had enough time in between to go on a coffee date with Addison and then off to rehearsal.

Addison and Joe told everyone that they were going to go back to their house for the night. Addison hugged her father and Katie before she, Joe and Finn retreated back to the guest house. Finn stayed with them for another twenty minutes before he headed back to the main house to say goodbye to Katie and Mr. Turner before heading back to grandpa's house.

"Today's been a pretty long day," Joe said as he laid his head in Addison's lap.

Addison ran her fingers through his hair. "It's been all right but then again, you are the one who had to get up at five-thirty."

"Ugh, don't remind me," he said and angled his head towards her with his eyes closed. Addison rested her hand on his chest and she quietly continued to watch Criminal Minds. After a few minutes, his head became heavy in her lap and his breathing deepened. As much as she didn't want to, she woke him up and sent him to bed.

"Awe mom, come on," he fake whined. "Can I stay up ten more minutes? Please?"

"Joseph, go, now," she said and pointed towards their room.

Joe fake sulked and slowly walked away. Addison shook her head and turned back to the television. Just as the previews for next week's episode started playing, Joe ran into the living room holding his cell phone in the air.

"The weirdest thing just happened," he said.

"And that would be…"

Joe passed her his phone and Addison looked at the text message.

From: Taylor

Hey Joe, it's Taylor (Swift). I need to talk to Addison so if you could give me her number, that'd be great.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback kudos: Jenna, Katherine, Mashi and Lela.

I don't know if Josh Miller is still their tour manager but for the sake of this story, he is. Just in case he isn't, I also added Rob Brenner in there so I can make him take over if needed. But I don't think there'll be much where they are concerned.

Dun dun dun! She's returns! What do you think Taylor wants with Addison?