Sequel: Hearts On Fire

In the Rose Garden

Pep Talk

Joe rolled over and pressed a button on the alarm clock. He stayed where he was for a moment and felt the bed shift beside him. Seconds later, Addison's head was on his shoulder and her arm was around his waist. He moved his arm and she adjusted her weight so he could put his arm around her.

"Do you really have to go?" she asked him.

"Unfortunately," he responded.

"You should call them and tell them you're sick and you can't leave your bed and you should just stay here and lay with me all day."

"That sounds like the best plan ever but I can't. We have more tour discussions and more rehearsals…"

"If your tour is only two weeks long, why are you having so many talks about it?"

"That's just the way it is. Plus we haven't been on the road in a while and after this tour, we have that major tour coming up to support the new album and-"

"Okay," she said and sat up. Joe sat up and rubbed her back before kissing her shoulder. He flipped the covers off of him and slid out of the bed and headed into the bathroom. Addison heard the shower turn on and the glass door shut. She got out of bed and took off her pajamas and slipped on a pair of dark skinny jeans and a blue flannel shirt. She pulled her hair up into a ponytail before making the bed. She then proceeded to the kitchen where she started some coffee for Joe so it would be ready by the time he left.

Ten minutes later, Joe walked into the kitchen as Addison was pouring his coffee into a thermos and put the lid on it. He put his arm around her waist and pressed his forehead to hers. He leaned in to kiss her but she pulled away.

"I still have morning breath," she said.

"And?" he asked and kissed her anyway. He checked his watch. "I have to get going."

Addison took his hand as they walked towards the door. She slipped on some sandals and walked him to his car.

"Now don't be gone too long," she said and kissed him.

"I'll try to make it snappy," he responded and then added, "Do me a favor though. Go hang out with Danielle today. I don't want you spending the day alone and I know Kevin doesn't want the same for Dani."

She handed him his coffee and said, "I'll get right on that."

"All right, good. I'll see you later," Joe said and kissed her before climbing into his car. Addison headed back inside and Joe left.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Addison and Danielle stayed close together as they walked down the street. It was a nice day so everyone was out in full force, tourists, celebrities and paparazzi alike. The girls had done lunch and were now doing a little shopping. During their lunch date, they were seated outside were paparazzi still had access to them. They asked a lot about their boyfriends' new album but the girls couldn't talk about it. They both still didn't know much about the album and even if they did, they wouldn't have told anyone about it.

"So Taylor Swift texted Joe the other night and told him that she wants to talk to me," Addison told Danielle as they quickly window-shopped and moved on to the next store.

"Oh my gosh don't do it!" she exclaimed.

"I think I might. I kind of want to know what she has to say."

"No! She'll kill you!"

Addison stopped and looked at her. "Dani, that's a little far-fetched even for you."

"As your adopted sister, I'm just looking out for you," Danielle responded and placed a hand on Addison's shoulder. "What does Joe think about it?"

"He's not sure about it. He thinks it might provide that last bit of closure that never came when their relationship ended but at the same time, he thinks it might cause drama between even us."

"What do you think about it?"

"Like I said, I kind of want to know what she has to say but at the same time, I don't. The matter of the fact is Joe's mine now and that's what matters. Joe picked me and that's something she's going to have to accept. I'm not planning on giving that boy up and he's not planning on giving me up… at least I think he's not."

"Trust me, he's not. That's a tough situation though. To see her or not to see her, that is the question."

"Yeah, it's a tough decision and it's eating at me 'cause I really want to know what she has to say! I obviously can't say I don't give a damn because I do."

"I honestly don't know what to tell you. I don't want to tell you to do it and then it screws up your relationship with Joe. He likes you too much and I'd hate to have a hand in the mess up. I do want to tell you to do it because maybe he's right. Maybe it will provide a little closure for their relationship and it'll let you know what her intentions may be in the future."

Addison sighed and said, "I'll talk it over with Joe again and we'll see what happens," as they walked into a store.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Addison wandered into the bedroom and finally started putting away the clothes she bought with Danielle. After a couple minutes, Joe strolled in and threw himself onto the bed and crushed the bags.

"Joe, can you please get off the bags?"

"Hello to you too," he said as he lifted his butt off the bed and started shoving the bags onto the floor. He placed his butt back on the bed, put his hands behind his head and looked at Addison. She climbed onto the bed and leaned over to kiss him.

"How was your day?" she asked.

"Great, we have a few more rehearsals and off to Europe we go."

"Awesome," she responded sarcastically.

Joe ignored her. "Oh! We got news that we get to shoot a video before we go!"

"That's great. What song?"

"Paranoid. We checked out a couple treatments and decided to go with the Malloys. They're the ones who-"

"Directed the Burnin' Up video," she said finishing his sentence.

He nodded his head. "Yeah, their concept is pretty cool. I can't wait for you to see it."

"So I can expect to pretty much only see you in the morning when you wake up and at night before you go to sleep?"

"Babe, don't say it like that," he responded and sat up.

She raised her hands and shoulders. "What? You want me to act like everything is going to be just peachy?"

"Yes because everything is going to be just peachy. We are going to be just fine. Why do you keep thinking things are going to fall apart between us?"

"Because that's what happens. You go your way and do your things and I'll do the same and then we'll come back together and things won't be the same between us."

"You don't know that." He looked over at her. "You know, it almost seems like you're looking for a reason to not continue this relationship once I leave."

Addison didn't respond. She just crossed her arms over her chest and walked out of the room. Joe pulled his phone out of his pocket and sent a text to Danielle.

* * *

While having a late dinner with Kevin, Danielle put her fork down and dug her phone out of her purse. Kevin stopped what he was saying and looked at his girlfriend.

"It's Joe," she mumbled and reread the text message.

What did you and Addison talk about today? Did you say anything about me and my brothers going away?

"What's up?" Kevin asked.

"I guess something's wrong with Addison," she replied.

We didn't talk about you and your brothers going away. It wasn't even brought up. Why?

Concerned, Kevin then asked "Is she all right?"

"I'm sure she's fine. Joe was just asking if her and I talked about you guys going away for a while which we didn't. The only thing we really talked about that pertained to Joe was the thing with Taylor Swift."

I think she's looking for a reason to break up with me and I think she's going to use that as a reason.

Danielle couldn't believe what she was reading. Just earlier that day, Addison was telling her that she loves Joe more than anything in the world.

I'll talk to Addison. She's probably just freaking out since you two have never been apart for that long.

Danielle informed Kevin, "She's going to be fine. We just need to do a little talking and everything will be fine."

"Is she having problems with my brother?"

"Not exactly. Joe thinks she's going to use the tour as a reason to break up with him. I just have to let her know that it'll be okay."

"I remember the first time I went on tour and I had to leave you behind."

"Oh my god, I cried like a little girl," Danielle said and laughed. "But I made it through and look at us now."

"I know," Kevin agreed. They finished their dinner and then headed out for a movie. Kevin bought the popcorn and drinks and they headed into theater number seven.

* * *

Around midnight, Addison and Joe heard the front door open and close. Moments later, Danielle and Kevin walked into the living room. Kevin set an overnight bag down on the floor as Danielle sat in between Joe and Addison.

"So I just decided that you and I are going to have a sleepover," Danielle told Addison. "You, Joe, are going back with Kevin for the night." She gave Joe a look.

Joe played along. "Hey, wait a minute-"

"Joe," Addison said, "just go. Please."

Joe just nodded his head and stood up. He leaned over and kissed Addison before leaving with his older brother. Danielle got up and headed to the kitchen. Addison followed her. Danielle pulled out the Ben & Jerry's ice cream and grabbed two spoons.

"Come on, let's go talk," she said and they headed outside to sit by the pool. The only light they had was front the light outside the front door and the moon.

"Well this is a pleasant surprise, Danielle."

"I know. I decided we need to talk some more. I miss just sitting and talking with you."

"We need to do this more often."

"Yep," Danielle said and then got to the heart of her visit. "So, how do you feel about Joe going on tour for a few weeks?"

"I… it's all right I guess."

"No, how do you really feel?"

Addison thought about it for a moment. "What if it changes things between us? What if he goes out there and finds someone else? What if I can't do it?"

"What if you can? What if Joe doesn't find someone else? What if this just makes you two become closer? Addison, Joe loves you. Joe loves you more than anything in this world. I will not lie to you, it's going to be hard. It's going to be really hard at first. I was a wreck the first time Kevin went away but we got through it. Him being away made our love for each other stronger. Even with the tours and the fans and being under a microscope every time I step out of the house, I wouldn't change a thing because then I wouldn't have Kevin and we wouldn't have the type of relationship we do. Kevin makes it all worth it. Trust me, after this, you'll feel the same way about Joe. You need to trust Joe about this. Everything will work out in the end. Okay?"

Addison let everything she said sink in. She nodded her head. "Yeah, okay. I really do believe you and I can only hope that Joe and I get to where you and Kevin are in your relationship. You give girls like me hope that we will find the one one day and if he happens to be a Jonas, then cool. I'll trust Joe."

"Promise?"

"Promise but um, for now, you need to share that ice cream."

⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Joe quietly walked into the bedroom to grab some clean clothes. Addison and Danielle were still asleep in their bed. Addison was sleeping on Joe's side of the bed and Danielle on Addison's side. Joe grabbed a pair of pants and one of the shirts Addison bought for him. Trying not to wake Danielle, he gently shook Addison until she woke up. He motioned her to follow him into the bathroom. Addison quickly checked Danielle and then followed Joe.

"Are we all right?" he quietly asked.

"We're fine," she responded. "Danielle's little pep talk really helped."

"Nothing bad is going to happen while I'm gone. I promise you Addison. I'm not going to fall for anyone else because everything I need in a girl is right in front of me."

Addison blushed and looked at the ground. Joe put his hand under her chin and raised her head. He touched the diamond promise ring he had given.

"I meant the promise I made," he said and kissed her. He then added, "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Addison kissed his hand and shook her head. "I think I'm actually the lucky one. I love you, Joe Jonas."
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback kudos: Katherine, Mashi, Jeannie and Lela.

PSA: Watch Make It Stop (September's Children) by Rise Against and then go show your support for the LGBTQ community by going to It Gets Better and take the pledge. You being there for even just one person could save a life. I personally have a couple gay friends and they are some of the best people I know. And remember: love knows no gender.

So I did a little late research and discovered that Joe doesn't drive a Range Rover. He drives a Mercedes G500. Oops. Obviously it's too late to change that in this story so for the sake of this story, he drives the Range Rover. Addison still drives the Lexus IS. That one is obviously on the Lexus website.

Here's the outfit Addison wears.

We get some more Danielle and Kevin in this one and we get inside Addison's head a little about her insecurities with Joe going away.

Anywho. It's 10:57pm where I am and I should post this already.