Sequel: Hearts On Fire

In the Rose Garden

That Girl Taylor

Awkward and uncomfortable were the only words that could describe the situation and sudden tension. Everyone fell silent for a moment at the table. Joe had walked away and Addison wasn't quite sure what to do. Does she go after him to try and resolve the problem and risk making him madder or does she sit back and let him brew over it because it was her decision to meet with Taylor Swift? She decided to go with the former.

Just as Addison stood up, Danielle said, "Addison, I'm so sorry about that. I didn't mean to make Joe mad."

"Dani, it's all right. It's not your fault. I should have told him sooner," Addison said and quickly walked out of the dining room. Joe was only a few steps ahead of her. "Joe, stop!"

"No, Addison," he said as he quickly turned and glanced at her. "Just don't even talk to me."

"I will talk to you, Joe."

Their family could hear them from the living room so they stayed silent.

"I will talk to you and you're going to listen."

Joe kept walking towards the stairs.

"Joe, stop right now! Stop or I'm leaving!" Addison shouted.

Joe stopped and turned around. He lowered his arms to his sides and shoved his hands in his pockets. "Let's go talk in my room." He didn't wait for a respond or anything; he just continued to walk upstairs. He took the steps two at a time so he got up there quicker. Addison sighed and followed him to his room. When she walked in, he was standing at the foot of the bed with his arms crossed over his chest.

Addison shut the door and mirrored his stance. "What is your problem?"

"My problem is you deciding to go meet Taylor."

"Why?"

"Why are you going to meet up with her?"

"Why does it bother you so much?"

"Addison."

"Joseph."

They stood in silence for a moment and glared at each other.

"She asked to meet with me, not you, not us, me. Therefore I think I should get to decide what goes down with this."

"Okay but-"

"No buts, Joe. You told me to trust you about the whole tour thing so guess what, trust me on the whole Taylor thing."

"Addison, I really don't know about this…" he said and shook his head.

Addison approached him. "Trust me, please," she repeated and put her hands on either side of his face. "Trust me."

Joe nodded his head. "Okay, I'll trust you on this but promise me it won't change anything."

"Why would what she has to say change anything between us? She don't fucking know me and she don't know us! Our relationship is something she is just going to have to accept. We're not going anywhere."

"Good," Joe responded and kissed her. Addison wrapped her arms around Joe's waist as he continued to kiss her. After another moment, she pulled away from him.

"Are you ready to go back downstairs?" Addison quietly asked.

"I think so," Joe said. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Addison took his hand and they headed back downstairs. Everyone stopped talking when Joe and Addison walked into the dining room.

"We're fine," Joe told everyone as they took their seats. "We've got everything worked out." Everyone exchanged glances and tried to make the rest of dinner as non-awkward as possible.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Addison let out a sigh as Joe walked over to her side of the Range Rover. Without it technically being all that eventful, it was an eventful night -- and emotionally draining. Part of Addison just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep the rest of her life away but she knew she couldn't.

Joe opened her door and helped her out. She waited while he made sure all the doors were locked and set the alarm. He took her hand and they headed inside their little house. Addison turned on a lamp as they walked down the hallway to their bedroom. She pulled her hand out of his once they were in the room and sat on the bed. Joe stood in front of the bathroom door and stared at her for a moment. He then turned to go into the bathroom when she finally spoke.

"Joe, are we all right?"

Joe sat on the bed next to her. "Babe, we're perfect. We're great." He leaned over and kissed her. "Now, the real question is are you all right?"

"I'm just tired, really tired," she responded.

"Is that really it?"

"Yes."

"Okay," he said not really believing her. He watched as she stood up and walked to the head of the bed. He approached her and wrapped his arms around her. He heard her let out a sigh and rest her chin on his shoulder.

Addison whispered, "I love you, Joseph. No matter what gets thrown our way, I love you."

Joe pulled away from her. "I love you, too. Addie, look, I'm sorry about the whole Taylor thing."

"Can we not talk about that anymore? I mean, it's done and over." Joe just nodded his head and Addison proceeded to change into her pajamas. He was wondering why she was so put off all of a sudden. Maybe she really was tired.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Even though the sun was shining bright, there was still a chill in the air. Joe looked at his girlfriend while the hairstylist was fixing his hair. Addison had her arms tucked in close to her chest and Joe knew without a second glance that she was cold.

"Hey, I'll be right back," Joe told the stylist and slid out of the chair. He quickly jogged to the back room of the trailer in which he and his brothers changed in and grabbed his hoody. He quickly jogged back and approached Addison. He held his hoody out before deciding to put it on her for her.

"Thanks, Joe."

"You're welcome, beautiful," he responded and quickly kissed her. He sat back in his chair and the stylist got back to work and the boys continued their conversation of random topics. The day so far had consisted of hair and make-up. Addison, of course, poked fun at the boys while they were getting their make-up done.

Addison's phone buzzed and se read Lily's text. How's it going so far?

It's actually a little boring. They're just getting their hair and make-up done.

Ha ha! Your boyfriend is such a girl!


Addison shook her head. Bitch! Shut up!

She put her phone in her pocket as the boys stood up and headed outside. There were a bunch of people waiting on them and cameras and lighting and everything else was there. They spent the better half of the day doing the photo shoot. Addison hung out with Matt Albiani & Ray Burmiston and they all exchanged commentary on the photos that were being taken. It wasn't too much longer before the boys had changed back into their original clothing and soon everyone was on their way. They were dropped off at the main Jonas house and everyone went their own ways from there. Nick went inside, Kevin got Danielle and they went shopping, and Joe and Addison headed back to their place.

"So," Addison said from the passenger side of Joe's Rover, "I sat in on this photo shoot today with these three brothers. You should have seen the middle brother. He was pretty hot. I mean wow!"

"Really now? So, you're creeping other boys now?"

"Yes sir, I am and I regret nothing," Addison responded as Joe put his arms around her waist.

"You know what? That's all right. I saw this pretty girl earlier today anyway. She had blonde hair and green eyes. She was pretty amazing looking."

"I'll bet she was," Addison responded just before Joe kissed her.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Joe watched as Addison blow dried her hair. She had showered and everything and was now getting ready to meet up with Taylor Swift. Joe was still uncomfortable about the whole ordeal. He told Addison though that he was going to trust her in this and he intended on keeping his word.

"Babe, are you sure you want to do this?" Joe asked.

Addison glanced at him. "Yes."

"I mean, I'm still not comfortable with this. Will you at least let me-"

"No. You cannot come with! This is between me and her." Addison stepped out of the bathroom and shut the light off.

"Okay but-"

"No. No buts," Addison said as she put her shoes on. "Babe, I love you, I really do, but please just let me do this one thing. That's all I'm asking. You let me do this and I will let you have a go at any ex of mine you want."

"I might actually take you up on that one day," he responded and stood in front of her. He put his hands on her waist and kissed her. "I love you, baby girl."

"I love you more."

He watched Addison leave the house, get into her Lexus, and drive off to go meet with his past.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback kudos: Jeannie, Jenna, Katherine, Lela, Mashi.

I will apologize for there not being an update in just about six months but I will not apologize for life happening. You live and you learn. Yes, it involves a boy and that's all I'm going to say about that.

I've been gone for so long that I have sort of forgotten what I had intended on happening with Taylor Swift. I'll figure it out.

Anywho. Thanks to those who have stuck with me and my unexpected hiatus. I know I lost a few subscribers but it is what it is. Hopefully since I'm back now we'll get settled on a schedule once again. Here's to hoping it isn't another six months before the next update.

P.S. Lily's birthday is this month!!