Sequel: Hearts On Fire

In the Rose Garden

We Are Home Again

Addison stretched out underneath the covers and glanced at the time on the nightstand. It was 8:30 in the morning. Exactly five hours ago, Joe left for his two week European tour. Addison closed her eyes and turned onto her side. Then she heard what sounded like someone releasing a deep breath. She opened her eyes and came face to face with a sleeping Lily. She quickly sat up.

"Lily! Dammit!" She put her face in her hands.

Lily sat up. "Huh? What's going on?" She looked over at Addison who was glaring at her. "Surprise!"

"You fucking scared me."

"Sorry. I let myself in with the key you gave me," she said as she pushed the covers off. She climbed out of the bed and headed for the bathroom. Addison watched as she pulled her shorts out of her butt.

"Lily!" Addison said and laughed.

"You know you wouldn't have me any other way," she said.

"I know," Addison responded as Lily shut the door. She heard her phone vibrate on the nightstand. She unhooked it from its charger and opened the text from Danielle.

I'm on my way over there.

I'll be waiting. Addison sent back. She then sent Kim a text asking when she was supposed to come in. She climbed out of the bed and headed into the kitchen to make some coffee and bagels. After a few minutes, there was a knock at the front door and Lily went and answered it. Danielle walked into the kitchen as Lily put her stuff in the master bedroom. She and Addison shared a hug.

"Hey! How are you?" Danielle asked.

"I'm doing good, how are you?"

"Same. Can't complain but I already miss Kevin."

"I already miss Kevin too," Addison joked. Danielle laughed as she pulled her cup of coffee to her.

"That's a good one."

Lily came back a few seconds later and sat on the stool next to Danielle. She reached over and picked up a framed photo of her, Addison, and Joe. She leaned over to Danielle. "Look at that blond haired dweeb."

"Oh man, yes, what a dweeb," Danielle agreed.

Addison reached across the counter and took the picture. "Very funny you dorks. Lil, if you like, I can switch this picture out..."

"No, that's all right."

"That's what I thought. I hate to bail on you ladies, especially you, Dani, but I need to go shower and get ready for work." Addison walked away and headed into the bedroom. She pulled a pair of white distressed jeans out of her dresser and walked over to the closet for a shirt. She ran her hand through the shirts Joe decided not to pack. She pulled out one of her black and white striped shirts. She grabbed the rest of what she needed and got into the shower.

* * *

Addison walked into Violet and put her bag in the backroom. She turned the ringer off on her phone and set it on the table. She straightened her black zipper blazer and walked out front.

"Hey Addison," Kim said and looked over at her. "How are you?"

"I'm good, thanks. How are you?"

"I'm doing well, can't complain. How's your mom?"

"Um, I haven't talked to her since the day she left. The treatment center said we might not though because she'll be going through withdrawals and sometimes the person would rather not talk to anyone because of something they might or might not say. I don't know." Addison shrugged her shoulders.

"That makes sense. How are you and Ted handling it?"

"I don't really know..." She shrugged her shoulders again.

"Okay."

"Oh gosh, no, that's not how I meant it. I just... I don't know what to think or feel or how to act."

"I get it. Stuff like this doesn't come with a manual." She put her hand on Addison's back. "You know if you ever need anything, I'm here for you and your father."

"I know," Addison responded quietly. "Thanks." She and Kim hugged briefly.

"All right then. There's a box of shirts in the back that needs to be stocked out on the floor."

"I'm on it." Addison walked away.

* * *

It was a few days later and Addison finally had some time to breathe. She had the house to herself for a few hours as Lily was at work and Danielle was visiting with her brother, Mike, who was in town for the night. She was sitting on her bed with her guitar on her lap and a notebook next to her. She had penned a couple songs and was now trying to put a melody to her words. For once, she really wished Nick was around. He never seemed to have a problem putting music to her lyrics. She tried a couple chords but didn't think it sounded right so she set the guitar down on the bed. Knowing her dad was home, she headed to the main house and headed to the basement.

"Dad!" she said loudly in the hallway before flinging the door to his studio open. She stepped in and said, "I'm working on this song I can't seem to get it. It's like I'm having a... uh... block or-" She stopped mid-sentence when she realized the studio wasn't empty. She looked at the four guys and then at her dad who was starting to crack up with laughter. She reached for the door knob a couple times and missed it each time.

"Really?! Jesus Christ!" She finally grabbed a hold of the door knob and shut the door after stepping out. Moments later, her dad opened the door, still laughing.

"What's up, Addison?" he asked.

"Stop laughing at me! Anyway, sorry. I didn't know you had people here."

"It's all right. What do you need?"

"It can wait."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep."

"Okay. Come in, meet the guys." He pulled her into the room. "This is Alex, Jack, Zack, and Rian... or All Time Low."

Addison awkwardly waved at them. "Hi guys... Dad, I'll see you later." She quickly walked away. Mr. Turner shut the door and shook his head.

"Sorry about that. That was Addison, my daughter. You'll probably be seeing a lot more of her."

Addison stepped into the backyard and smacked herself in the forehead. "Wow! That was stupid!" She shook her head. She grabbed her guitar from inside and sat by the pool with it. After half an hour, one of the guys from inside stepped out. He was talking on his phone so Addison tried to play quietly.

"Really?!" Addison shouted and flicked her guitar pick. It landed in the pool. "Shit!"

"Are you okay over there?" the guy asked as he stepped over.

"I just... I suck at this."

"You sound pretty good from what I heard," he said. "I'm Jack, by the way."

"I'm Addison."

"Maybe I can help you out. Can you play what you have?"

"Um... Okay." She reached down to grab her guitar pick but then remembered it's at the bottom of the pool. Jack sat next to her and handed her his. She thanked him and played what she had for him.

"That's actually really good," he said. He gave her a few pointers before Alex stepped out to get him. "Yeah, yeah, so I obviously gotta get back to work."

"Thanks so much for your help. I seriously appreciate it."

"No problem. I'll see you later."

She watched him walk away. She tried to ignore the funny feeling in her stomach.

* * * * *

After what felt like a lifetime, the day finally came. Addison spent the morning cleaning the house and then went grocery shopping. She was pretty sure Joe was over a diet of primarily fast food and pizza. As she finished putting the groceries in the refrigerator, Danielle walked up behind her.

"Addison thanks so much for letting me stay these past two weeks."

"Hey it's not a problem. Thanks for staying. I'm actually really glad I didn't have to be alone this whole time." The girls hugged. "You can come stay here any time you want."

"I just might take you up on that," Danielle said with a big smile. "Let's get ready to go get our boys."

* * *

The three girls waited in the baggage claim area along with some paparazzi. Addison and Danielle were obviously the tip off about the boys coming home so they hung around to capture their reunion. They knew the boys had finally arrived when they heard Frankie exclaim his excitement for being home. The girls tried hard to contain their excitement. The surrounding paparazzi started taking pictures and getting into a frenzy. Finally the Jonas Brothers appeared.

"What?!" Joe exclaimed. "The girls are here!" They all rushed forward in hugs and kisses.

"Oh my god, I'm so glad you're back," Addison whispered in Joe's ear. "I missed you so much."

"I missed you more," Joe responded quietly. Addison pulled away and hugged everyone else.

"Can we all go home now?" Danielle asked. "We have so much catching up to do."

"Amen!" Frankie shouted and grabbed his bag. Everyone followed suit and left the airport.

*

Joe walked into the house behind Addison and shut the door. "Are you opening a flower shop?" He looked around at all the flowers on the counter, tables, everywhere.

"Maybe I should. Lord knows my boyfriend sent me enough of them." She joked with him. She followed him to the bedroom and shut the door behind her. Joe immediately kissed her as he picked her up and made his way to their bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Addison's outfit.

Title credit: Tyler Knott Gregson - Daily Haiku on Love.