Titanic Was Called the Ship of Dreams, and It Was

A Mothers Tears and a New Friendship

Megan gasped and spun around quickly with outstretched arms, amazingly not hitting anyone, with a face of amazement. Everything was so, new and clean! She glanced down at her dirty black boots and thought to herself with a smile.

‘These old black boots are standing on the ship of dreams, and they are the first as well,’

She thought, but heard the horn blow for the final time and she was pulled out of her thoughts, glancing around through the crowds of happy laughing people, she searched for a stairwell to get up to deck for multiple reasons. For one thing, she wanted to wave goodbye to the unfortunate people who were not aboard the ship and her mother. Another reason was that she wanted to bask in the glory and beauty of the day on the deck, and forget her troubles. She grinned as she spotted one, and pushed through people to get to it, running up the white things until she got to the door for the deck. Bending down, she put her hands on her knees and panted, but opened the door and gasped.

The sky was clear save for a few fluffy white clouds, and the salty smell of the ocean hit her nose making her smile grow. The view of the ocean was beautiful, the sun reflected off of the blue water making it shine and sparkle as the water rippled slightly.

However, she had days to bask in it, but she wanted to see if she could spot her mother in the crowd. She walked to the left side of the ship, seeing all of the people there and pushed her small frame through the many people, carefully watching out for any first class that would be on the deck for third class. However she was pushed back and she couldn’t see a thing, making her huff and scowl.

Glancing up, she saw the small gate that signified no third class beyond this point. Smirking, she looked around, and seeing that there were no crew members or anyone looking, she opened the white gate quietly, and slipped through. Glancing to the right, she silently made her way left, wanting to get to an area where she could wave without being spotted, but accidentally ran into what felt as hard as a wall. Boy she loved running into things today. Actually, happened all the time. Megan was a complete and utter klutz, except this time, like earlier, the thing she ran into was a person. A slightly annoyed crew member to be precise.

“Excuse me miss, but can’t you read? NO THIRD CLASS BEYOND THIS POINT. Back behind the gate you go!”

He said in a strong British voice, however Megan scowled and stood up, brushing herself off and looking up at the tall man.

“No. I just want to be on this deck until the boat leaves, is that so much to ask?”

“Miss, I’m warning you, get behind the gate!”

“NO!!”

The man grabbed her wrist and tried to push her through the gate, when a voice rang through the air.

“There you are, I thought I lost you!”

Megan looked to her side, and saw the same first class girl in the dress, which confused her, but she stayed silent as Kristen began to speak again.

“Sir, this girl is with me, and I would appreciate it if you would release her at once,”

Kristen smiled and the man glanced from her to Megan, turning red in the face from embarrassment and letting go off her, nodding at Kristen and giving Megan a suspecting look.

“Alrigh’ miss, but if this little lady gives you any trouble, come and get me,”

The man in the black suit walked off slowly, Megan and Kristen’s eyes following him until he was out of earshot. Megan then turned to Kristen, a very confused look on her face as she thanked her.

“Thank you very much miss. You didn’t have to do that,”

As she spoke though, she looked frantic because there was not much time before the ship left and she wanted to see her mother! She glanced at the edge of the deck, and Kristen noticed, raising an eyebrow.

“Would you like to wave to a loved one? Was that what the fuss was about. Well follow me!”

Kristen took her hand and led her to a less crowded area, and watched as Megan grinned and leaned over looking through the crowd for her mother. She squinted as she searched, there were so many people! But her mother gave her a specific place, she so she looked near the back, near one of the buildings. Her face lit up at the site of her and she leaned over a bit more, waving like no tomorrow, which is when Kristen noticed her odd gloves. She decided to hold that in after the ship left though, and let her wave to whomever she was waving to for now.

Megan’s mom saw the frantic girl, and was shocked to see her up with the visibly nicer people rather than the third class, but grinned and waved to her. A tear ran down her face as the ship blew its final horn and began to slowly move. No matter what her daughter said, she couldn’t help but have a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach that this was goodbye for good. The tears ran down her face as the ship began to grow faster and out of sight, tears spotting the ground. She was gonna miss her little girl who was off to find her place as an individual in the world. She sniffed loudly and sank to her knees, placing her hand on the wall and the other over her eyes. The sadness every mother must feel at one point in time multiplied by thousands, and she wept.

Megan let the tears slip as well as her mother was out of sight, but rubbed her eyes quickly, trying to hold them back in front of Kristen. Putting on the best smile she could, she turned and happily smiled, holding out her oddly dressed hand as she properly introduced herself.

“I’m Megan, and again thank you for letting me up here to wave to my mother,”

Kristen smiled back and took the hand lightly, shaking it even though she was used to curtsies. She shuddered at the thought of curtsies. She HATED them. They made her feel more prissy and girly than the first class girl already did. But again, she noticed the strangely made gloves.

“Pleased to meet you Megan.... My what odd gloves you have,”

Megan looked down at them and held up her arms for Kristen to see, eyes closed and a toothy grin on her face as she explained her reasoning and such behind them.

“Ya like em? I made em myself! They were originally just normal black gloves like those, but I looked around at busy streets and saw no difference in the people. They were like copies of each other, and that made me realize how important it was for me to have my individuality, so I cut out the fingers and made a hole for my thumb, simply to be different. Not exactly gloves, more like......arm warmers!”

“I admire your individuality Megan. You are truly one of a kind,”

“And I your ability to overlook class as if it is merely a different lifestyle,”

“Megan, I do believe this is the beginning of a new friendship,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah yes, the part about Megan's mother made me cry, especially because one of the song off of the album began to play on my iPod [[its on shuffle too]]. (Nearer my god to thee is the song) ^-^