Status: Comment, my lovelies!

We Are Broken

We Are Broken (Gerard Way) Chapter 6

"Hale, I'm home!" My mom called from downstairs. I motioned for Gerard to get up and sit on the desk chair and open a book. He did just so. I opened my door, and walked downstairs.

"Hey mom." I greeted her as she sat her things down. "A friend of mine just got here a few minutes ago."

"Oh yeah! I was going to ask who's fancy car out there was..." She trailed off.

"It's his dad's. He gave it to him, their kinda rich." I told her. Her head snapped up.

"His? Him?" She asked. I gulped, nodding.

"Yeah. His name is Gerard, he's a new student. Um, ah, Mr. Locke assigned me to get him caught up on... math." I told her, making up a lie. She nodded. I heard my door open and quiet footsteps come down the stairs.

"Hello, Mrs. Fray. Nice to meet you." Gerard said, smiling lightly. She smiled back.

"Hello, Gerard. Nice to meet you too." My mom replied. He reached out to shake her hand, and she reached out hers. "So your new?"

"Yes ma'am, I just arrived Thursday." He told her. She smiled, then nodded.

"Well, you two should probably go work on that math homework." She told us, shooing at us with her hands. I let go of a breath I hadn't noticed I was holding.

"Thank you." I told her, turning around.

"Yes; thank you." Gerard said, also turning around after sending another smile.

"You two have fun..." I heard her sigh. I walked up the stairs, Gerard on my heels.

"What the-" I cut myself off. Bob and Frank were hanging out in my room.

"We just wanted to make sure everything went all right, and I guess it did." Bob replied. Within a split second they were gone, my curtains swaying. I shook my head; I'd have to get used to that.