Status: active.

Possibilities

Nine.

I was sitting in a blue chair, behind the curtain, when he said it.

There were a people buzzing around, and cameras were swarming to hear what he had to say.

What he said surprised me, frightened, if you will, and it came from nowhere.

"There are new papparazzi pictures that were taken that have a girl in them, is she your girlfriend?!" one reporter asked, and my stomached lurched.

I expected him to deny deny deny, but apparently he had a different plan.

"Well, I'll let somebody answer that for you," Taylor said, glancing at me from onstage. I winced, and he motioned for me to come out. My jaw dropped.

"No!" I mouthed, but management had me out onto the stage before I could argue.

The lights were bright and my face burned. There were a few gasps, and I could hear the shutters of cameras clicking. Somebody brought a seat to my side, then ran offstage quickly. I plopped down, giving Taylor a look. He looked back.

"I'd like to introduce you to Hailey, and yes, she's my girlfriend."

What?

Girlfriend?!

I felt my heart thump so hard, I thought it would come through my chest.

The crowd chattered, and he leaned away from the microphone.

"Is this okay?"

I nodded, although I was unsure. Then I thought.

Crap.

Karley.

She could easily be watching this! She's obsessed with Twilight! She's gonna find out!

"Karley," I said simply, and the crowd was quieting down. Taylor shrugged, and the questions started coming again. I sat through the entire thing, a nervous feeling in my stomach.

Once the conference finally ended, the crowd of photographers and interviewers shuffled away. Taylor took my wrist, and we weaved through the crowd, before being seated in another limo. I sighed, and my cheeks flushed.

There was a long awkward silence.

"How are you?" he asked awkwardly, and it was supposed to help, but it made things more.. awkward.

"Fine.."

After a few minutes, we finally got back to the hotel. When we got to the room, Taylor started packing his things.

"You better pack up, we're getting the plane home tonight." he said suddenly.

"Oh, really? This was a fast trip.."

"Yeah, sorry we couldn't stay longer."

I smiled, and began packing my suitcase.

"So did you want to go out today? Shopping for 'prom'?" Karley asked. I leaned back against my pillows, closing my eyes. I could hear Taylor bustling around downstairs. I sighed.

"Sure, what time?"

"Hmm, 6?"

"Why so late?" I chuckled.

"There's a new press conference for Twilight! They're talking about Breaking Dawn!"

"I- uhh.." I began to stutter. "I um, don't think I can go then. Besides, apparently that press conference sucks.."

"How do you know?"

"I- .. researched.... and.."

It was getting really awkward. Crap.

"Um,"

"Oh, nevermind..."

Pause.

"I can't go then. 5?"

I held my breath.

"Yeah I heard that one sucked anyway,"

I felt bad.

"Meet you there."

As we entered the mall, we headed to forever 21, Karley's favourite store. We looked around for a half hour, bought our things, and left.

"So where do you want to look for a dress, birthday girl?" I asked, nudging her in the side. She looked at me glumly.

"Um, Hailey, I was thinking, and.."

My stomach dropped. Did she know?

"Yeah?" I edged her on, bracing myself for what could come.

"I don't.." she began, and we stopped and pulled over infront of a store, letting the flow of people move along. "I don't have a date for my own party. I totally forgot about it. I was so busy planning, and.."

"Oh," I said simply, feeling my shoulders relax.

"It's pitiful. I don't have anybody to bring to my own party."

"Hmm," I went through the mental list of guys I knew. Nobody seemed like the type of guy who would go with Karley.

"I think I might have to ask a guy friend."

Then my mind came to my own situation.

If Taylor came with me, Karley would be pissed. She doesn't have a date, and I have one that's a celebrity?

"You'll think of something," I assured her, patting her shoulder. "Ask one of your guy friends?"

She looked around, putting a hand on one hip. "I could, I just feel weird right now."

I sighed. When Karley was in a bad mood, it ruins the whole day.

"C'mon then, we need to get you the perfect dress, date or not." I grabbed her arm, and we continued through the mall.

After a few minutes, we finally got to Le Chateau, a dress store with loads of options. We made our way in, and a dress caught my eye right away. It was a black mini-dress, with blue sequins along the top. It was strapless, with a sweetheart neckline. It had a bow on it, along the waistline. I loved it.

"Oh! Karley!" I said, speed-walking to look at it. "I love this one!"

Karley chuckled. "Sequin-y. Just perfect for you."

"Do you like it?" I asked, running my fingers along the hemline.

"Yes, it's gorgeous. Try it on,"

"Wait," I stopped her. "Price,"
I flipped the tag around, to reveal the triple digit-ed number. "One-ninety," I sighed with defeat. Sephora wasn't the best paying job ever. And as if it wasn't hard enough with Ashlyn there.

Karley looked at me. "Come on, at least try it on, if you like it enough, buy it!"

"Yeah, I'll have to starve for a month to be able to afford it," I joked, but then realized. I didn't live in my own house. I didn't buy groceries. I was with .. him, for God's sake. I could buy what I wanted.

Woahwoahwoah, my concience told me. Don't start taking things for granted. Try on the dress.

Karley broke through my thoughts. "I found one!" she said. She held up a short red gown, with hints of sparkles and a gorgeous neckline.

"Wow, it's really pretty," I smiled. I hope this would get her mind off the 'date-less' situation.

I reached up, and looked through the sizes of the dress I'd picked out.

0, the first size read. I rolled my eyes. I wasn't a barbie. I sorted through until I found an 8.

Karley already had her size picked out and was tapping one foot.

"Ready to try those on?" a saleslady asked, strutting towards us.

"Yeah," Karley and I said the same time, and we glanced at each other.

The lady lead us to the dressing rooms, and we both headed into our separate rooms.

"Let me know when you have it on," Karley said, and I could tell she was smiling.

"Kay,"

I got undressed, then unzipped the zipper to the dress. I slipped it on, and the fabric was cool and soft on my skin. I zipped it up again, and it fit like a glove. I looked in the mirror and did a 360. It was awesome. I gazed at it in the mirror.

"Ready?" I heard Karley ask. "Come out, I wanna see!"

I unlatched the door and stepped out of the dressing room, to see Karley looking absolutely stunning in the dress she'd picked out. It flowed perfectly over her, the red colour bringing out the gold tones in her naturally blonde hair.

"Woah," we both said at the same time.

"You look great!" she exclaimed before I could say anything.

"You like?" I said, spinning around.

"Love. Me?" she spun around too.

"Gorgeous," I replied, smiling. I loved shopping for dresses. It always got me excited for the occasion.

We both got changed again, made our final decisions, and paid for the dresses.

"I'm surprised we only had to try on one dress to find the perfect one." Karley said, swiping her debit card at the counter. I'd already bought my dress, and the bag swung from my hand. Karley typed in her key, and I looked around. People were everywhere, buying dresses and suits and party outfits.

When Karley finally finished, we went to find some accessories. An hour later, we found ourselves on the way home.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked this chapter ! hailey's dress is this one :

http://www.simplydresses.com/shop/viewitem-PD548600

and karley's was one that i made up in my head.

yay. thanks to everybody who commented. don't expect an update right away, because i need EIGHT comments to update. yeah :D

so comment if you want to see the update :)

thanks for the support everybody! :D

-- Melissa :)