Status: active.

Possibilities

One.

I pulled the light blue cardigan around my body, a shiver escaping my spine. The watch on my wrist ticked, and raindrops flew around my face. This was it.
The call I'd just had with my mother, the call that would change my life, just finished.
Fourty-Three seconds.
That's all the time it took for her to tell me I'd be marrying somebody.
Somebody I've never talked to in my life.
It was ridiculous. I was being forced into marrying a guy I didn't know.
Some parents I have.
I opened the door without knocking, feeling angry and stupid.
I didn't live with my parents anymore. Obviously.

I walked past the pale yellow walls. Photos of me as a baby. When I was four. When I was nine and fell off my bike, breaking my arm. Photos of my 6th grade graduation. Sweet sixteen.
My whole life was on these walls. The frames were a blur as I stormed past.
I finally entered the living room, to see 3 familliar faces.
Three?
I scanned the room. Mom, Dad..
Taylor Lautner?

He was smiling.

I heard myself scoff, my jaw dropping. My heart was in my throat.

"You're kidding," I said simply, and fixed my bag over my shoulder. My ballet flats were soaked, and they made slosh-y noises as I walked toward my parents. I plopped down on the leather couch next to them.

"Hailey, this is-"

"I know."

I glared at him, and turned toward my mother. Her blond hair was pulled back into a bun. Show-off, I thought.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I said through my teeth. I nodded my head toward the kitchen.

"Uh, sure, honey.." Mom glared at me. Bitch. "We'll be back in a moment, Taylor dear."

What was up with the 'little miss innocent mother' thing? She's far from innocent. Arranged marriage. Wasn't that illegal?

As we walked to the kitchen, Dad starting talking to Taylor about sports. I groaned and sat on the counter.

"Off," Mom said with a flick of her hand.

"What the hell is this?" I asked, angry.

"Hailey, with all the boyfriends you've been through, we thought this was best," she explained, a strange pitch to her voice. "Your past boyfriends have been nothing but trouble. This is the only way we can control it."

"Control it?" I yelled. Mom hushed me, but I kept going. "You can't control every aspect of my life, Anne,"

She flinched when I called her by her real name.

"You can't control who I marry. I'm only seventeen. Am I even old enough to get married?"

"Come out here, now."

"Why would I marry a rich, snobby, celebrity from the stupid Twilight movies?"

Suddenly, Mom grabbed my arm and we walked to the living room again.

"Okay, guys. It's decided."

Out of nowhere, two people entered the room. Taylor's parents, I supposed.

The couple sat next to him. Thought so.

"The house is ready," the woman said.

My eyes widened. I have to live with a celebrity?

Taylor was looking at the floor.

So was I.

"You can go home to pack up, Hailey. The address of the house is on this paper," his mother said, passing me some keys and a sticky note. "Let me know if you need directions,"

A mumbled a quick thanks and glared at my parents.

"See-ya," I said, glancing at my.. fiance.. I shuddered at the thought.

I hooked the house key onto my car keys, and slammed the front door. I smirked to myself, knowing full-well that I'd just left huge, muddy, foot-prints all over my parents' house.
♠ ♠ ♠
please leave a comment, when i get one, i'll update again :)