Status: active.

Possibilities

Four.

Karley had picked up almost immediately.

"Hey Hail, I haven't talked to you in days! What's going on?"

"You won't even believe it. My parents, they.."

"What?"

I couldn't do it. I knew it would break her heart. She'd always been obsessed with Twilight. It's not my fault I'm being force to marry a celebrity. One that I hate.

Well, sort-of hate.

"They," I searched for a cover-up. "Won the lottery."

"Really? How much?!"

"Um," I began. "Not alot. A hundred."

"Oh," she chuckled. "Not bad,"

"Yup."

"What happened to our date at starbucks? Are we still on for today?" she asked.

"Sure. I'll just.. get ready now."

"I'll pick you up in an hour, okay?"

"Sure," I said. Then I realized. "Wait, Karley, don't. I'll meet you there, okay?"

"Um, okay.." Karley replied uneasily. "Anything wrong, Hail?"

She sounded concerned.

"No-no-no, Karls. I'm fine! I'll meet you at our Starbucks in an hour."

"See you there,"

"Bye!"

I hung up, and ran to get dressed.

&&&

"Where are you going?" Taylor asked as I grabbed my car keys and purse from the porch. He was looking kind of.. cute.

Hailey, shut up.

"Oh, I'm just meeting my friend for coffee." I replied, trying not to look him in the eye. I wanted to slap myself in the face for thinking that.

"Okay, when will you be back?" he asked, leaning against the doorframe. What was his issue with that?

"In about an hour.. Why?" He's nosey, too.

"Well, I was thinking we could go to dinner or something, just.. to get to know each other..." he wouldn't look me in the eye.

"Um, okay.. I'll be back in time."

He waved slightly as I opened the front door. I smiled faintly, and jingled my keys in my hand.

&&&

I sipped my strawberry frappichino, as Karley sipped hers.

"So," Karley said, pushing her cup away from her. "How's the job going?"

"Ashlyn is still a total biatch," I replied. "While I check the cash registers and we're done for the day, she likes blasting Kanye West from the store's speakers.."

"Wow. Biatch for sure," she agreed. "I wouldn't be able to handle that."

I chuckled. 'The Job' was at Sephora. I'd been obsessed with makeup since age twelve, so I decided to be a makeup artist at Sephora. It's usually fun, besides the angry customers and 'Ashlyn trouble'.

"Well, whose birthday is coming up soon? Huh, huh?" Karley laughed.

"Hmm, I'm not sure.. You?" I joked.

"Yes! But I'm gonna have a huge party. The big 1-8?"

"Oh, awesome! So where? Give me details!" I poked her in the side.

"Well, I'm thinking about having it at the reception hall downtown, and everybody has to bring dates. It's gonna be prom-y. Will Trevor be there?" I froze when I heard his name. Trevor and I broke up days before I found out about my 'marriage situation'.

"That's cool, but Trevor won't be there.. We .." I searched for another lie. It felt bad to be lying to my best friend. ".. got into an arguement. We broke up."

"Oh, wow! How come you didn't tell me?"

"I don't know.. I was really angry."

"Maybe I'll cancel the prom idea. We can just go to-"

"Really, you're gonna try to cancel your party for me? No way. I'll find someone else." I said, winking at her.

"Are you sure, Hailey?"

"One-hundred percent. I'll invite someone." I knew full-well that I was going to have to take Taylor. It was going to be very embarassing.

"If you're fine, then okay."

I smiled at her, and we finished our drinks. I tossed mine, and grabbed my purse.

"I gotta get going," I said quickly, checking the time on my watch. It had been an hour already. "I'll text you later."

Karley waved, and the bell on the front door rung as I left.

I drove home slowly and carefully. I knew one thing for sure.

Going on a 'date' with him wasn't going to be easy.
♠ ♠ ♠
yay yay yay.

this story is actually going somewhere! ;3

& taylor linked to this story in hers. so guess what i'm gonna do?

:D

if you're interested in jacob black (which you MUST be!) fanfics, this is a really good one ;)
it's also linked in my profile, but here you go ; click!

also, thanks to the lovely

laurenj23

and

sunlit skies; -- friend in real life ;)

for your comments .

this author's note is getting long and boring, so i'll leave you alone now.

i'll update after 3 comments this time :)

can we do it?!

ihate dislike silent readers (a.k.a. - people who read stories without commenting)! so comment comment comment!

.. bye . ;3