Status: active.

Possibilities

Five.

I opened the front door slowly, anxious. I didn't like him at all. And I was being forced to marry him.

"Hailey, is that you?" he asked.

"Yup," I said, pulling off my flip-flops.

"Good," he said, walking to the porch. It suddenly got very awkward.

"I'm gonna, um, go.." I said, walking toward the staircase. ".. get ready. Where are we going?"

"Somewhere casual,"

"Okay.."

I bolted up the stairs, an annoyed look on my face.
When I got to the guest room, I pulled open a door to see..
A huge closet.
There were racks of clothes already in there.

"Taylor!" I yelled.

"What-or?"

I rolled my eyes. I heard footsteps going up the stairs again.

"Did you know about this?" I asked him, pointing at the huge, filled closet.

"Um, no.."

"It definitely wasn't my parents. They don't care enough to do something like this."

"It was probably mine."

I sighed and looked around in the closet. There were at least forty new shirts, twenty pairs of jeans, ten skirts, and loads of shoes. All with the tag still on them.

"You're kidding me," I said, laughing.

"Apparently not,"

"I'm gonna.. look through this and get changed."

"Same.."

The same awkward silence fell over us.

"Yeah," I said, going through clothes. He took the hint and left.

I leaned against one wall of the closet, and slumped down onto the floor smiling. There was so much on my mind.

After a few minutes of rest, I got back up, and picked out an [outfit.] (A/N: i'll put together an outfit and put a link soon :D)

I walked downstairs with my purse, and made my way to the kitchen.

He was there. And he looked adorable.

Adorable?

Hailey, stop!

"Hey, you ready?"

"Yup,"

We walked outside and got into his car. The car I didn't realize was in our driveway.

"Aren't people going to.." I began, embarassed. "Recognize you?"

"Well, yeah. But I can usually convince the people at the restauraunt to give us a private table."

"Oh,"

We drove past green trees and houses. I folded my legs, then unfolded them nervously.

We pulled up to a Chili's. My favourite restauraunt.

"Chili's? This is my favourite restauraunt!" I exclaimed, and immediately felt embarassed.

He laughed lightly.

"I know," he said simply, giving me a knowing glance. I shook my head, smiling. He was so creepy.

When we finally got to a table, nobody had recognized him.

"I'm surprised nobody has attacked you yet," I laughed, and he looked around.

"Nope,"

The waitress walked up to the table with a pad in her hand. With the look she gave Taylor, I knew she recognized him.

He glanced at me knowingly. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing.

"Can I get you guys some drinks?"

"Coke,"

"Root Beer, please,"

"I'll be back in a moment!"

The waitress walked away, and I burst out laughing.

He chuckled. "What?"

"Did you see the look she was giving you?"

"I get that look alot," he said, looking sly. I swatted him in the arm.

"You're so full of yourself!" I rolled my eyes.

"Not really," he replied, leaning on the table. "When Robert goes to restaurants, he likes to flirt with the waitresses, then dump them on the spot. Everybody recognizes him."

I chuckled, then looked around. The waitress appeared again.

"Here's yours," she said quickly, practically tossing the drink at me. "And here's yours," she slowly passed the drink to him, purring. I rolled my eyes again. Jealous bitch.

"I'll be back soon," she said, glaring at me. I smiled at her sweetly, and she walked away.

"Just a question," I said, suddenly bold, "how did your parents convince you to be in an arranged marriage?!"

"I kind-of had no choice."

"Me neither."

We sat in silence, reading the menus.

The waitress came back, took our orders, and left. Silence fell over us again.

Why was this so awkward?

"Guess where we're going next?" he said, a smirk on his face.

"Next?" I repeated, nervous.

"Do you really think that Taylor Lautner just takes a girl to dinner? It's not that fun." he smiled at me. That cute, adorable face smiling with those perfect white teeth- what?!

Hailey, what the hell is wrong with you? Two days ago you hated him. Shut up!', the voice inside my head screamed.

People's heads whipped around at the sound of his name.

He looked down quickly, glancing at me. I giggled.

Wait, did I just giggle?!

Hailey Carter never giggles. Ever.

"You still haven't guessed!" he reminded.

"I have no idea." I replied honestly. How was I supposed to know?

"Well," he said, smirking again, "You're not gonna find out until later."

I sighed, then remembered.

"Oh! Well, my best friend's birthday party is coming up. It's prom themed." I began. Before I could say more, he started talking.

"Oh, I know what you're asking. If I want to be your date." he smiled again with those teeth...

'Hailey,' the voice scolded.

"No, actually, I was going to tell you that if we went," he cut me off.

"Now you're assuming I'd go?"

I sighed, smacking myself in the forehead.

"You're so frustrating!" I jokingly-yelled, covering my face with my hands.

"I know you are but what am I?"

"And childish!"

"Yeah? Well, whatever Hailey, you just hurt my feewings, evwy one of them." he turned away, pouting.

"Just let me finish what I was saying!" I cried.

"Fine," he said false-grumpily, looking at me.

I twisted a lock of hair, and continued. "If we went, my friend would go insane, she's Twilight -- and well, you.. -- obsessed. She'll freak. We'll need to figure out something."

"See? The ladies love me."

"I sure don't,"

"That's besides the point." he said, resting an arm on the table. "Just tell her the truth."

"What, that my parents are complete psychos who love arranged marriage? No way."

"Say we're dating," he smirked for the thousandth time that night. I couldn't take it anymore.

"Stop smirking! It's driving me crazy!" I burst into a giggling fit.

"It drives all the women crazy," he replied slyly, winking at me.

"Ohmigod," I cried, "What, have I gotten myself into?"

"You have no idea," he replied, as the waitress brought our food to the table.

&&&

As the roller-coaster began speeding up, the colourful lights became streaks of sparkles in the night sky.

I closed my eyes. I hadn't bothered to tell Taylor I was afraid of heights. I didn't want to ruin it for him.

"Hail, what's wrong?" Taylor asked, and I opened my eyes.

"Oh, y'know, I'm a total baby. Rollercoasters." I explained simply, trying not to marvel at the fact that he'd called me by my nickname.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"It's fine," I said, giving him an assuring look.

"Are you sure?" he asked, smiling.

"Yep. I just gotta close my eyes."

I laid a hand in the space between us for grip as the roller coaster flew down a hill. I shut my eyes again, and took a deep breath. I almost couldn't feel anything until..

A light hand covered mine.

My eyes fluttered open, and he smiled. I did the same.

Neither of us moved the entire ride.

When it ended, Taylor helped me off the ride, still holding that hand.

I didn't let go until we got to the car.

"How was that?" he asked smugly, as he drove down a busy street.

'Perfect, wonderful, amazing..' , I wanted to say. But I didn't.

"Great," I said, looking out the window. Lights of different colours flew by. I sighed lightly.

When we got to the house, the awkward-ness had dissolved completely.

I sat on the leather couch in the living room, and he joined me. We watched T.V. until I fell asleep in his arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
Woah. comments are coming faster than usual.

oooh, a bit of romance in this one ;)

thanks to

sunlit skies; ,

JustThinking ,

and

laurenj23

for the comments.

also, is listing who commented annoying? i don't have to, i'm just happy you guys are commenting :D

anyways, i'm gonna make it harder this time, i need 4 comments to update!

COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT! :D

~Melissa.