I'm With You

Chapter One

Claire's POV
A note on the refrigorator. My biological father's in critical condition in hospital and all I get
is a note on the refrigerator about it ? I swear if I wasn't in love with Peter, I would have gotten away from this place a long time ago. Well I suppose if you think about it, Nathan probably doesn't even want me there. I mean he's only known me properly for about a year... Maybe he would have been happier if I did die in the fire.

Peter's POV
Beep. Beep. Beep. I listened to the steady rhythm of the life support machine. It was the only thing keeping him alive. Two weeks had passed since the shooting at PRIMATECH. Nathan had been in surgery for at least a day of that. I didn't dare leave him. I didn't dare delve into his thoughts, just in case my worst fears came true. Just in case he'd left me.

I heard the door open behind me, it was getting late. I turned round and looked at the Doctor.

"I think you should go home now Peter." He said, he sounded tired yet stern.

I nodded and pushed myself out of my chair, pulling my jacket on as I crossed over to the bed. "I'll see you tomorrow Nath." I whispered as I bent down and kissed his cheek. "Please pull through." I muttered as I turned away from him to leave the room, I was well aware the doctor was watching me, making sure I left, it was a routine they had to follow after I made a violent protest about leaving on the second day.

I left the hospital, the icy air stung my face, I felt my eyes water. Partly from the wind, partly from the pain in my heart. If I lose him, I'll blow my brains out... I promised myself. And it was a promise I was determined to keep.