Status: May take a while to finish. A lot of editing to come this way.

My Mr Darcy; Truly ages apart.

Choice

I paced nervously as I waited for Cheryl to come home. I had no idea what I was going to say to her, but I wanted the truth, this time for real.

'Hey Sean!' She called as the front door of our flat banged. 'Robin really cheered me up today, he kind of forced me into my old, well, what he calls "talents" and-' She paused as she came into the living room and saw my obvious anguish.

'Again with that name!'

'W-what?'

'Robin! Robin this and Robin that! What is it with this fucking Robin?!' I asked forcefully. Cheryl seemed shocked.

'Sorry, I won't talk about him in future then. I just thought you might like to know that I was feeling happier today.' She sniffed, turning to go into the kitchen. I followed her and grabbed her wrist.

'Cheryl! Don't make me sound like the bad guy here! I'm not the one who's mucking around with an ex-boyfriend who's clearly in love with me and nineteen years older than me!' I hissed, before letting her hand drop like I'd been electrocuted, once registering the fear in her eyes. I took a step back from her, not quite able to believe that I'd gripped her quite so tightly and harshly.

'Sean... I...' She murmured, meeting my eyes in obvious anxiety. 'I'm not involved with him, honestly, I wouldn't lie to you.'

'Really?' I asked scornfully. 'Then where were you when you went to Mr Osscarr's room last night? And didn't return until this evening?'

'Oh Sean - Nothing happened! I was upset! I just fell asleep with him comforting me! I promise you!'

'Why couldn't I comfort you?!' I cried out, feeling a physical pain in my stomach. 'Even if nothing happened - Which I don't believe - Why did you go to him? What am I to you Cheryl? Someone to score with? A way of support? A bit of meaningless fun?'

'What? No! Sean, you've got this all-'

'Myran called.' I told her blankly, feeling my eyes stinging, 'He explained everything to me. Apparently Corrie highlighted to him how Robin feels about you, and then he made the connection between Robin leaving and your apparent breakdown and all of that. I know it all Cheryl. All of it. Your entire loved-up past, and let me tell you; your Father's not too happy either.'

'Sean, I am so, so sorry, but I am not involved with him now - I swear to you! I was getting upset because he'd come back into my life just as I found happiness and he felt so guilty that he wanted to cheer me up.'

'He's all you've talked about for days Cher. You've been so distracted, I can't lose you to him... Then again I won't be taken for a ride either-'

'Sean!'

I took a deep breath, swallowed hard and ran my hands through my hair.

'I can't do this anymore Cheryl, I just can't. It's either me, or it's him. I won't be your side piece and I won't let him be either.'

'I'm with you Sean!' She assured me in desperation.

'But you're not entirely mine.' I whispered. 'If you can tell me that you honestly have no feelings for this guy, and that you honestly can live without seeing him - I'll let this all go.'

My Cherry simply stared at me in horror. I stood up properly and strode straight past her and out through the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
So which team are you? Team Sean or Team Robin?

Feedback too please.